Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Wait.....Sakurai went to Platinum a few months ago didn't he...?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

1347549130814.jpg

Well damn.

Btw, been meaning to ask, any word on Backwards compatibility with this thing, or nothing yet?

Rayman Legends is the sole reason this is getting the launch day treatment for me while Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U are those extra bonus incentives that are going to make the launch all the more sweeter.

Passed that, Smash Bros 4, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 are the games that are going to make the long term look very, very exciting.

Btw, been meaning to ask, any word on Backwards compatibility with this thing, or nothing yet?

Wii games and Wii software compatible. No Gamecube backward compatibility.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well damn.

It's been confirmed that all Wii games work with it.

Hmm, well I still my have sister's Wii for Gamecube games.......hmm, if I can get my ass a job soon, maybe I can get this thing. Even if none of the games interest me at the moment, I can play Wii games in the meantime.

Rayman Legends is the sole reason this is getting the launch day treatment for me while Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U are those extra bonus incentives that are going to make the launch all the more sweeter.

Passed that, Smash Bros 4, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 are the games that are going to make the long term look very, very exciting.

They havn't confirmed any launch software other then Mario and Nintendoland though. Rayman, etc. might not be there day 1.

They havn't confirmed any launch software other then Mario and Nintendoland though. Rayman, etc. might not be there day 1.

It was confirmed at the EU stream and by Ubisoft.

It was confirmed at the EU stream and by Ubisoft.

Oh didn't see that one, my bad. That's good though because it's one of my must haves too! : D

Anyone else really love the name "The Wondeful 101"? It's so cheesey super heroish. It's great.

So what's on everyone's list of Wii U games at the moment? Mine so far stands at:

• Lego City Undercoverr
  • NSMBU
  • All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Nintendo Land
  • Rayman Legends
  • The Wonderful 101
  • BAYONETTA 2
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines

Edited your list to what I want. Not much of a change. Unless I'm forgetting something. Zombi U looks pretty good, too, but I'm not sure about the perma-death. Rabbids Land was fun at Gamescom, but I'm not really hyped for it.

Launch game I want most is NSMBU.

As of now the games I'm interested are Rayman Legends(sequel to the best, unique platformer of the current gen IMO), Bayonetta 2(loved the first game), and to a less extent NSMBU(the games didn't really bring much fresh to the table, especially NSMB2, compared to Rayman Origins, but this WiiU game seems tons better than the previous games)

Besides those 3 games, I'm not interested in anything else at the moment.

Anyone else really love the name "The Wondeful 101"? It's so cheesey super heroish. It's great.

It sounds like the kind of name I'd pretty much expect from the same guy who made Viewtiful Joe, which also had names such as Magnificent Five. It's pretty awesome.

The narrator even kind of sounds like Captain Blue. I like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

NSMBU actually looks like something Nintendo cares about, so that and Bayonetta 2 would top my list. Nintendoland looks a lot better than it has any right to, but it still isn't something I would go out and buy.

Still need that Pokemon Snap sequel before I rush out and buy the system, though.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

So what's on everyone's list of Wii U games at the moment?

I am getting the five greatest games of all time

• Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2

Cause it spit hotfire son!

gaylandscaping.gif

• Thumbs Up 9

As I watched the Japanese stream, can someone tell me the European SKUs? I saw something about a Zombi U bundle, but I'm not sure if people were just acking cray-cray.

I am getting the five greatest games of all time

• Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 2

Maybe you can squeeze some Rayman Origins in there? xD

As I watched the Japanese stream, can someone tell me the European SKUs? I saw something about a Zombi U bundle, but I'm not sure if people were just acking cray-cray.

White 8GB Basic

Black 32GB Premium, which includes NintendoLand and a sensor bar on top of everything else already known.

Zombi U 32GB Premium bundle.

White 8GB Basic

Black 32GB Premium, which includes NintendoLand and a sensor bar on top of everything else already known.

Zombi U 32GB Premium bundle.

Thanks. Zombi U bundle probably doesn't come with Nintendoland, does it?

Edited by MarcelloF

If that ZombiU bundle comes to America, I'd buy the shit out of it.

I'd much rather have a Rayman Legends bundle though.