Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Sensor bar is still just a pair of IR lights in a plastic stick, right?

Yeah, that's what it is. I assume they're including it so people can just forget about their Wii and move on.

FUCK! It seems GameStation Redditch mucked up and word is around sites like MCV that £210 for the Basic and £250 for the Premium are the trade prices. Gamestation is actually selling the Basic for £259.99, the Premium for £309.99, and the Premium ZombiU bundle for £349.99.

http://www.computera...-launch-prices/

Rayman Legends on launch day?

NintendoLand bundled with the premium package?

Sold.

Yeah, those are good selling points. Just not happy with the price retailers are settling on. Was hoping that £250 initial price for the Premium some Gamestation stores like GS Redditch were talking about was going to be their actual selling price. £309.99 is pretty high.

Yeah, those are good selling points. Just not happy with the price retailers are settling on. Was hoping that £250 initial price for the Premium some Gamestation stores were talking about was going to be their actual selling price. £309.99 is pretty high.

£250 would have been perfect. I can just about accept £310 for the Premium package, seeing as you are getting a lot more memory and a game included.

Heck, who am I kidding. I'd be buying one of these bad boys if it was £400. If only for RAYMAN FREAKIN' LEGENDS!

:D

Man, I'm freaking excited! The TVii thing looks pretty neat, and I'm excited to hear New Super Mario Bros. U is a launch title! I'm gonna totally ask my parents for this as my Christmas gift. Also, Rayman Legends is a launch title? Even more of a reason for me to get this.

Nope. Not paying that much for it. I'll wait for more retailers to start listing. I'll put a pre-order in soon enough so I don't have to wait, but £300 is too much.

Nope. Not paying that much for it. I'll wait for more retailers to start listing. I'll put a pre-order in soon enough so I don't have to wait, but £300 is too much.

Unless other retailers start listing a fairly lower price, I think I'm going to have to join the crazies queueing for the supermarket launch day deals.

SimplyGames has the Basic listed for £209.99 and the Premium for £249.99, but no pre-order button.

http://www.simplygames.com/pf/Nintendo_Wii_U/

Zavvi:

Basic £299.95

Premium ZombiU bundle: £329.99

Play.com has gone with the same prices I listed at GameStation:

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=wii+u&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

Amazon is listing the Basic for £249.99. No price for the Premium.

I am SO glad the fancy set is the black one. Nintendo Land may be fun to take to work on down days (when the plant doesn't run but we have to go in and sit for 8 hours anyway), but it's not something I'd buy separately. And even if all the below isn't out at once, it's a good-looking start (not to mention I'll have a few 3DS games in there as well).

What I DO want: Pikmin 3

NSMB Wii

Lego City Undercover

Wii Fit U (haven't missed a day in over 2 years; I ain't stopping now)

Sonic etc Transformed

Epic Mickey 2

Wonderful 101 (and probably some other I've forgotten)

What I want to see - I'll vote for Pokemon Snap as well, and I want a new Endless Ocean. What with the camera, treasure scanner, and map screens, it's just begging for a Wii U upgrade. And even more realistic fish! I'd also like to see Skyrim sent over by GOTY time, since I have serious doubts that it CAN be made to run correctly on the PS3 without reprogramming the entire game from the ground up. Also Okami HD for download through the eShop.

Edited by Thrippa
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Scar

You're correct that it isn't SDD. That is what I thought at first, but it seems like an article I used had the wrong info. It also said that the basic model will not include HDMI, and we know that it isn't true.

Monster Hunter? Awesome! I loved playing Tri on my Wii.

You can't just take the controller anywhere. It has to be in rang of the system.

If that's addressed to me, I'd take the whole system in. There's a TV in the conference room that I currently take over with NSMB or Wii Sports Resort on down days (bowling is very popular). It's about the only time I have a chance for any co-op play. Although I suppose with the Wii U I wouldn't have to snag the tv for some games.

Oh, so we Americans are stuck with Nintendo Land for our bundle? I mean, it actually does look to be kinda good too, but... man, we got the short end of the stick with this one, did we?

I'll wait for Amazon to start preorders in the US. There's no way I'm paying $25 tax at Gamestop on top of the $350 MSRP. I know I'm taking the chance of not getting it right away if it becomes the next Wii sales wise but I don't care too much. There is nothing in the launch window that I'm desperate for. NSMBU, Rayman Legends, and ZombiU all look good, but it's not like when the Wii launched with TP and I needed it day 1.