Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Speaking of GameStop, I can't even pre-order the damn thing. They won't let me because, I dared to change the delivery address. I called up and they told me I have to wait 2 days to try again. :|

SimplyGames has the Basic listed for £209.99 and the Premium for £249.99, but no pre-order button.

http://www.simplygam...Nintendo_Wii_U/

Zavvi:

Basic £299.95

Premium ZombiU bundle: £329.99

Play.com has gone with the same prices I listed at GameStation:

http://www.play.com/...ype=allproducts

Amazon is listing the Basic for £249.99. No price for the Premium.

Retailers have no idea what they're going to price it, so they're seeing the inevitable rush of hardcore pre-orders and are going, "HERP LET'S RAISE THE PRICE DERP," since Nintendo of Europe has once again refused to set an RRP. I can't help but feel that it's going to wind up around £250 for the basic and £300 for the premium, which is not what I expected or hoped for, and I don't think it'll do well at that price.

Can someone explain to me what it is with the European market and Nintendo never having a MSRP (if I'm not being off-topic, that is)? I always wondered why basically every non-North American country gets the shaft with pricing.

Because national retail store chains (Wal-Mart in particular, but Target is rather well-known for it as well) have massive influence on the prices of goods sold in this country, so manufacturers tend to set the MSRP to around what the retailers want it to be at; and in terms of video games this dates back all the way to the launch of the original NES.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tesco Entertainment

Basic: £249.00

Premium £299.00

Premium ZombiU bundle: £329.00

ShopTo

Basic: £247.85

Premium: £296.86

Premium ZombiU bundle: £324.85

Oh, so we Americans are stuck with Nintendo Land for our bundle? I mean, it actually does look to be kinda good too, but... man, we got the short end of the stick with this one, did we?

We in Europe get Nintendo Land bundled in the Premium/Deluxe pack free, too. Europe and Japan just get one extra option, too.

EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

Do we have a release window for Bayonetta 2?

Nope, no date in the slightest. Also, we have a thread for Bayonetta 2 you can discuss the game in.

Rayman Legends and NSMBU are launch titles? Oh hell yes.

And I hope the Wii U is backwards-compartible with the Wii A/V cable, because there's no point getting a Wii U if you don't have a HDTV or an aforementioned AV cable (although I read the Wii U comes with a A/V out port in the back).

So yeah, lineup sounds great, and price seems reasonable.

Oh and two things:

- Have they announced the MSRP for Wii U games? Will they cost $50 or $60?

- I read on one article that the premium bundle comes with a subscription to some sort of premuim Nintendo Network thing. I hope it's a editor typo/screwup.

Nintendo Australia reveals launch details of Wii U

http://www.gonintend...story&id=185367

Wii U boxart collection

http://www.gonintend...story&id=185374

Want to transfer your Wii content to Wii U? Better keep that Wii!

http://www.gonintend...story&id=185379

No standalone Wii U Gamepads for US retail, says Nintendo

http://www.computera...-says-nintendo/

Nintendo's hard sell

http://www.computera...ndos-hard-sell/

Video analysis: Nintendo's Wii U strategy

http://www.computera...wii-u-strategy/

It at least seems like Nintendo is trying to please people right out of the gate. When they said they learned from the 3DS launch they weren't kidding.

To me the Wii launch was better for TP, the Gamecube launch was better because it had Melee really close to launch, and the N64 had Mario 64. Sure NSMBU looks great but I don't hold it as highly as those games. I feel like I need to see something like a 3D Mario, or Zelda, or Smash, etc. before I'll get hit with true hype.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's better than any launch of the previous generation, by a mile.

It's the same as usual. Only a couple new games worth checking out with the rest being the usual multiplat stuff. Oh, and current gen late ports you probably have played before.

Lacking on visually shocking games, too. ie: When the 360 came out, PDZ and Kameo coupled with the HD bump impressed people a lot - quality of the games notwithstanding - and people had Mass Effect / Gears to look forward to. There's no such impact on this launch.

Actually, the Wii U's launch has more exclusives and multiplatform games at launch then I remember for previous platforms. It doesn't help that it also comes with NintendoLand, which has over 12 fun minigames to play. 360/PS3 really didn't bundle games (but you COULD buy a bundle). The Wii bundle was a very short tech demo so eh.

Edit: Oh, NL only comes with the PREMIUM edition. Well, I guess I'll go for that version then.

Like Tornado said, you got to wonder why Nintendo opted to do flash memory when they could have gone for the far cheaper harddrive. Is Flash Memory considered an SSD?

http://cnettv.cnet.com/what-you-need-know-about-nintendo-wii-u/9742-1_53-50131220.html

Then again, Flash Memory IS faster and it doesn't have wear and tear.

Edited by Autosaver

If it has more multiplats it's because they're on the "late ports you've played before" category. As for the exclusives, does it really? The only ones I've really noticed are Mario and the Ubi games, which speaks volumes of the quality and presence of the others there may be.

Besides, iOS devices have hundreds of exclusives and 99.999% of them are just pure shit. This is one are where you definitely want quality over quantity.

Also, it doesn't come with nintendurland. That's part of the deluxe bundle.

^edit: I see you noticed ;p

Edited by Dobkeratops

New Super Mario Bros U looks amazing. Unlike previous games, this one looks like it has a ton of effort put into it. Seems like something you would want to pick up at launch especially if you have family.

Rayman Legends is another fantastic game to look forward to. The game looks even better than Origins, so I'm sure fans of the original will want to try to get their hands on this. Actually, ANY platformer fan should try to get their hands on this.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is the first time a Scribblenauts game launched on a console. The Wii U version will have a level editor and a ton of more items in the system. I've never played the games before, but I've only heard good stuff coming out of it.

NintendoLand looks like an excellent collection of minigames. It will be bundled with the premium edition, so I'm sure it will be worth it. The games range from F-Zero to Metroid so it will be a game for everyone. If you had fun with Wii Sports Resort, you will probably have fun playing minigames of actual games. Multiplayer and HD support is going to make it even better.

Monster Hunter Tri Unlimited sounds like something to pick up after getting the original. It is basically a remake and will sport online which should probably be even better due to the original only having 4 players per a "room".

007 Legends could be another Goldeneye. From the footage we've seen, it looks really fun to play. I could imagine it will have local and online multiplayer support, so I'm sure it will be worth my time. I loved the Goldeneye Wii edition and I'll buy this one in a heartbeat if it ends up being a good game.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is more than "just a port", it is an actual playable version of the game. The original lacked so much in every department that it ended up being trashed by almost every reviewer. What has Nintendo done? Stepped in to help Tecmo make a fun expansive edition. The Wii U will probably help the game run smoothly thanks to the power. I remember the original have poor framerates and slowdown.

Toki Tori 2 is a sequel to the well crafted puzzle game made for the Gameboy Color. It was remade for the digital services and is now getting a sequel. While this is also available on PC, it won't be available for either the PS3 or 360. I don't have a gaming computer so I might have to end up just buying these types of games for my Wii.

I also forgot about Lego City. Previous Lego games were getting extremely stale due to using the same formula every time. Now? GTA Lego! It actually gives me a reason to go back to the Lego games. An openworld sandbox that is only available for the Wii U* ? It'll sell, I know it will.

And like you said, there are a ton of multiplats and "enhanced" editions. There are also more exclusives like TANK! TANK! TANK! but I'm not sure if those types of games is something you would like to play. If you missed out on the original, why not get the superior Wii U enhanced edition?

Edited by Autosaver