Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

So Nintendo just showed us there E3 conference... and it sucked. But theres one game which im looking forward to... New Super Mario Bros. Mii.

I'll leave these here:

wiiu_mario-1.jpg

wiiu_mario-2.jpg

wiiu_mario-3.jpg

wiiu_mario-4.jpg

So what are your thoughts? Are you going to get the game? Leave your comments below.

No. Screw the Miis, and screw them for ruining New Super Mario Bros..

Where's my new 2D Mario with high-res sprites?

• Thumbs Up 2

Hahahahahahaha, fuck you Nintendo.

Seriously, I loved your E3 showing, it impressed me, but really; it doesn't look HD, and it's only gimmick is a feature that should have and could have easily been included in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Now show us Super Mario Wii-U already.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

New Super Mario Bros. Wii burnt me out. It was pretty standard platforming, and the floatiness, lawd the floatiness. Okay if a tad bit annoying in a single-player setting, but in multiplayer, it's a surefire way to lose all of your friends. This looks to be recreating the same experience, only with Miis in the mix. Meh, just seems boring.

Sorry, but my sights are squarely set on 3D Mario from now on. xP

• Thumbs Up 2

...But they said this was a tech demo and not a real game.

I swear that's what I heard them say. I could be mistaken, but that's what I remember hearing.

Edited by Dusk Golem
  • Thumbs Up 1

God. ITs like they added NOTHING from the Wii version, what the eff Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

So will it become a real game though? Because showing me a new......er new super mario bros and than going "it's not really real!" is Hitler levels of evil. :(

Also Mii > random Toads but why still no Peach? Should be Mario, Luigi, classic Toad, and Peach playable with optional Miis. Plus the graphics really should look MUCh better than that if it does become a real game.

Edited by speedfreak

Also Mii > random Toads but why still no Peach? Should be Mario, Luigi, classic Toad, and Peach playable with optional Miis. Plus the graphics really should look MUCh better than that if it does become a real game.

Let me ask you something. In order to be properly playable in a game like this, Peach would have to be able to do double jumps, and triple jumps, and spin jumps, and ground pounds, and wall jumps. Can you honestly say that it makes perfect sense for Peach to be able to do all of these things?

Uh...because she's never been established as being as agile as the Mario Bros? I mean, at least with the two random toads, we don't have any reason to say that they shouldn't be as agile as Mario and Luigi because we'd never seen them before. But we have played as Peach, and she's never been on the same level as them.

Uh...because she's never been established as being as agile as the Mario Bros? I mean, at least with the two random toads, we don't have any reason to say that they shouldn't be as agile as Mario and Luigi because we'd never seen them before. But we have played as Peach, and she's never been on the same level as them.

And? Since when have any of the Toads been able to save the day? If they can do it, Mario might as well fuck off back to his day job as plumber. The series puts gameplay in front of anything else. Always.

She was fine in Mario 2. If an overweight middle aged guy can do it, why can't a princess?

She was the worst character statistically, with her only real saving grace being her ability to float in the air. And this was also back in the time before Mario and Luigi started getting all of their fancy trick jumps, moves Peach has never displayed the ability to perform. She'd be fine in a game that lets every character shine in their own unique ways, but in a game like this, where every character would need to be equal, she just doesn't fit.

And for the record, Mario is an overweight middle aged guy with unusually good jumping ability. Peach is a princess who sometimes displays magical powers. Mario is specifically gifted in terms of agility, whereas Peach is not.

And also for the record, Blue and Yellow never took the initiative on their own. They only ever bother to get involved when Mario is already leading the charge. Chances are they probably would be too afraid to save the day on their own.

Even if this is just a tech demo, it would be pretty great to see a new 2-D Mario on the Wii U, with HD graphics, new gameplay mechanics, and all that great stuff.

I just want Wario.

• Thumbs Up 3

My ideal character lineup for a multiplayer 2D Mario game would have:

Mario and Luigi

Wario and Waluigi

Toad and Toadette

and... Mii! (boy and girl models, boy gets standard overalls, girl gets overalls, but its like a skirt... skirt overalls?)

If you want to add the princesses, (though you'd have to ask, who are you saving? I say: Rosalina)

Peach and Daisy.

Color coordination?

Mario - Red

Luigi - Green

Wario - Yellow

Waluigi - Blue

Toad - White

Toadette - Purple

Peach - Pink

Daisy - Orange

Boy Mii - Cyan

Girl Mii - Magenta

Plot? Bowser kidnaps Rosalina with his dark magic, takes her magic wand and wreaks havoc on the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad and Toadette (and Mii (boy/girl)) are here to stop Bowser, while Wario and Waluigi expect a nice expensive reward for rescuing Rosalina. Go through all 8 worlds, defeat Bowser and his Koopalings and end with everyone celebrating with a party, while Wario and Waluigi get duped out of their reward in a comedic way.

There, we have color coordination, characters that all play alike, look unique and they're still rescuing a princess. In HD.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

Let me ask you something. In order to be properly playable in a game like this, Peach would have to be able to do double jumps, and triple jumps, and spin jumps, and ground pounds, and wall jumps. Can you honestly say that it makes perfect sense for Peach to be able to do all of these things?

My ideal character lineup for a multiplayer 2D Mario game would have:

<Stuff>

There, we have color coordination, characters that all play alike, look unique and they're still rescuing a princess. In HD.

• Thumbs Up 1