Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

The original looked pretty bad.

Did it? I loved the original. =C At the time it was a new art style. Only thing I didn't like was the way SOME enemies were 3D and SOME were pre-rendered.

Well, it was the DS so it was limited in terms of graphic power. Many 3D games mixed 2D/3D to put less stress on the system. I've got to agree that at the time, NSMB was pretty amazing considering it was the first of its type. We haven't seen the 3D worlds 3 times already, so it was a totally fresh experience. I didn't have a problem with the visuals and I actually liked them. Even reviewers seemed to praise them. While it began to look uninspired in NSMB 2, you got to admit that Nintendo did try something new and it seemed to catch on.

No, I'm sorry, but the DS can do much better graphics than what NSMB did. The game was just ugly and it wasn't due to technical limitations.

I'd call it "functional" and "clear". Which is what the Mario series has always gone for in graphics. It was a more generic style than previous games but I think it worked fine.

The only ugliness to me was the fact that the 3D character models were of course DS quality, the sprite-work was good quality, and the 2D characters were DS quality... compressed down into 2D sprites without smooth animation cycles.

Essentially what I'm saying is I can see where you're coming from with thinking it's ugly. I'm just saying the individual three "styles" of graphics listed above would have all looked fine if the entire game was like that, but the combination of the three didn't quite work.

Hmm, Larry is one of my favorite koopas, but that battle looks more like if it was a world 1 battle more than a later world, 3 or 4 if i'm not mistaken.

Uh, excuse me, but did I see the same video as everyone else? I keep seeing people criticizing the Larry fight, but from what I see, we don't even see the whole thing. We see that there are geysers and he hops, but we don't actually see how he attacks. I'm inclined to believe that's pretty important.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, excuse me, but did I see the same video as everyone else? I keep seeing people criticizing the Larry fight, but from what I see, we don't even see the whole thing. We see that there are geysers and he hops, but we don't actually see how he attacks. I'm inclined to believe that's pretty important.

So far we have seen 4 koopalings battles. Lemmy's and Wendy's full battles and about 10 seconds of Roy's and Larry's battle. compare Roy's 10 seconds to Larry's and tell me that there isn't a significant amount of stuff going on in Roy's battle to know that is how his fight is going to be about.

Larry could be the first boss, like he was in NSMB Wii. Due to that, his battle could very well be subdued. The 1st boss battle is nothing to write home about. Remember Iggy in SMW?

Larry could be the first boss, like he was in NSMB Wii. Due to that, his battle could very well be subdued. The 1st boss battle is nothing to write home about. Remember Iggy in SMW?

Lemmy is confirmed as the first boss, look that the background before his fight. Its the grass lands. While Larry's has the gysers from the water world. And yes I remember Iggy's fight in SMW, I would know since SMB3 and SMW are my favorite childhood games and that along with Larry, Iggy is another of my fav koopalings.

So far we have seen 4 koopalings battles. Lemmy's and Wendy's full battles and about 10 seconds of Roy's and Larry's battle. compare Roy's 10 seconds to Larry's and tell me that there isn't a significant amount of stuff going on in Roy's battle to know that is how his fight is going to be about.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get at. If you're saying that we can tell how Roy is going to fight based on what we've seen, then yeah, I have to agree, but that would be completely irrelevant because I was talking about Larry. But if you're saying that we can tell how Larry's going to fight based on what we saw of Roy's fight, then that's not actually true. We've seen four Koopaling fights so far, and three of them have used entirely different forms of attack. The fourth is Larry, who didn't get to use any actual attack in the video we've seen. And we can't really assume anything about what his attack is going to be because all of the attacks we've seen so far have been different from each other.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get at. If you're saying that we can tell how Roy is going to fight based on what we've seen, then yeah, I have to agree, but that would be completely irrelevant because I was talking about Larry. But if you're saying that we can tell how Larry's going to fight based on what we saw of Roy's fight, then that's not actually true. We've seen four Koopaling fights so far, and three of them have used entirely different forms of attack. The fourth is Larry, who didn't get to use any actual attack in the video we've seen. And we can't really assume anything about what his attack is going to be because all of the attacks we've seen so far have been different from each other.

Larry's main ploy as of now seems to be the geysers themselves. yeah we haven't seen what he throws from his wand ( not to sure right now if he had it). But he seems to use the geysers to boost his jump making it harder for Mario to land on his head, or the geysers break Mario's momentum will he's trying to jump on Larry's head.

Larry's main ploy as of now seems to be the geysers themselves. yeah we haven't seen what he throws from his wand ( not to sure right now if he had it). But he seems to use the geysers to boost his jump making it harder for Mario to land on his head, or the geysers break Mario's momentum will he's trying to jump on Larry's head.

All I'm trying to say is, we're missing an important detail. And we have no business making judgements about the fight until we have all the details.

All the Boss fights are gonna be incredibly easy and last for about 15 seconds anyway. Little more interested in what Boom-Boom's fight will be like, or more specifically what the music will be.

• Thumbs Up 3

All the Boss fights are gonna be incredibly easy and last for about 15 seconds anyway. Little more interested in what Boom-Boom's fight will be like, or more specifically what the music will be.

I just hope that its not a copy paste from SMB3. Honestly, I liked Boom-Boom's boss battles in SM3DLand, since it was something different for him. Now that we're at it . Seems like Pom-Pom's only appears is going to be 3DLand.