Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Since its the normal everyone tipically complains about lazyiness...

Hence why everyone took you seriously. You need to up the absurdity if you want people to realise you're joking.

As for the renders thing though, I chalk it up to either them not being done yet, accidental use of old ones, or... the most sensible answer... the art team was too busy working on the actual game.

Edited by JezMM

I don't know what the hell that purple thing wearing Bowser Jr's mask thing is but it's so cool

Maybe it's just Bowser Jr. in disguise, with the mask acting as the give away?

Maybe it's just Bowser Jr. in disguise, with the mask acting as the give away?

No. It's a new enemy.

Why would you think of something like that Cero? Why?

Edited by sweet bro

Because it has Bowser JR's scary mouth bib thing...?

There's already a existing render of Bowser Jr. though.

Why would you think of something like that Cero? Why?

But maybe it could've been like a little thief disguise thing for Bowser Jr for when he goes around stealing stuff/Toads from the Mushroom Kingdom ;A;

But even if it's just another type of enemy, I could see it having a close connection/loyalty to Bowser Jr. himself.

Looks like we got some SA-55 on the SSMB!

Fixed~

That and the fact that it's actually a new enemy.

I knew it was a new enemy the whole time, I was just pointing out why one might think that.

The only way this game could get more nostalgic for Super Mario World is if Chargin' Chucks served as mid-world bosses.

And if Torpedo Teds were in every single water level.

Edited by Joshua

The only way this game could get more nostalgic for Super Mario World is if Chargin' Chucks served as mid-world bosses.

And if Torpedo Teds were in every single water level.

Well, everything else but the background and some gimmicks were rehashed, why not these things.

Well, everything else but the background and some gimmicks were rehashed, why not these things.

You say that as if more Chargin' Chucks would be a bad thing.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 2

You say that as if more Chargin' Chucks would be a bad thing.

They're one of the biggest assholes in Mario and I wish to never see them again.

That face when you realize that you will never have the fun time with your friends running through an entire level of Chargin Chucks in NSMBU

...Or will you?

New Info

Challenge Mode: Challenge Mode tasks players with completing specific objectives, such as clearing a course without obtaining a single coin or touching the ground. There are four single-player Challenge categories: Time Attack, Coin Collection, 1-Up Rally and Special (miscellaneous challenges). Boost Mode Challenges require two players. Once players complete a Challenge, the game saves a replay of the action so players can show off their accomplishments.

Coin Battle: Up to four players run through a course and compete to see who can collect the most coins. Another player can also use the Wii U GamePad in Boost Mode to place Boost Blocks to help grab hard-to-reach coins. Players can also use the GamePad to edit and customise the coin layout in dedicated courses. The coin layout can then be saved and played by the players using Wii Remote controllers.

World Map: New Super Mario Bros. U is the first side-scrolling Mario game since 1992’s Super Mario World that features a seamless world map with named worlds and courses. The map contains many secret exits, which might change the map and cause shortcuts to appear. The worlds are interconnected, so people can play through the game in a nonlinear fashion

Nabbit: From time to time, a creature named Nabbit will appear on the world map. Players must enter the course and catch the speedy Nabbit to recover items stolen from Toad. If Nabbit is nabbed, players receive a powerful P-Acorn, which will allow them to fly continuously through an entire stage. The only way to obtain a P-Acorn is to catch Nabbit

Gamexplain has some impressions

He's also got individual videos on the P-Acorn & Nabbit Footage, Penguin Mario and Mini Mario gameplay, Coin Battle footage, & the Doom Ship + Bowser Jr. Boss Battle so check em out.

Look at the World map while ye at it too! (He only shows Worlds 1-5, but boy does it look big and beautiful!)

So I thought about it.

I'll probably get NSMB2 and NSMBU. I had fun with the original, in fact it's one one my favorites on the DS.

I need something on this stupid handheld, I paid 120 bucks for it and hardly ever use it.

And the Wii U looks better than I expected, and so does this game.

Looks beautiful but don't you fuck with me Nintendo that better be goddamn placeholder music. That literally hasn't been remixed at all.

I mean geez at least give us the Mario Galaxy Ghost House music if you're gonna reuse stuff again, that song is gorgeous and I wouldn't care if it became a series staple like the Underground theme one bit.

Looks beautiful but don't you fuck with me Nintendo that better be goddamn placeholder music. That literally hasn't been remixed at all.

Well, the final music will probably contain more Baw Baws, don't worry :P

• Thumbs Up 9