Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

I kinda hope that they're just using the old world map as a placeholder and we might get a brand new one, but if not this is still some quality looking DLC.

I want to say "new music please?" but let's not kid ourselves...

Edited by JezMM

And lets not kid ourselves with a $20 price point either. Iwata said  they are developing it as if it were a retail game so it might pull for $40 dollars or $35 if they want to be generous.

tell that to the other NSMB sequels

The other NSMB games did have actual engine tweaks though as well as of course the new art and course design and... sometimes... music.

Man even if we don't get new music how great would it be just to add a few "Luigi"-ish tracks?  Like make the overworld a NSMB-style version of Mario 2's theme, and the ghost houses a NSMB-style Luigi's Mansion theme?

• Thumbs Up 3

tell that to the other NSMB sequels

I think you're assuming all these levels will be new.

I think it will be similar to how 3DLand does it. Hell, I bet the idea CAME from 3DLand. It'll probably be some new twists on levels, hard versions of levels, a bit of new levels, etc.

Ok game, but personally I'm sick and tired of the New Super Mario Bros series. They're pretty much all the same with slight differences.

The way they say 'new versions' of the levels makes me believe it'll be like 3D Land... I'll wait to hopefully be surprised though.

• 2 months later...

Really hope the game has at least a unique final boss. A showdown with King Boo would be oh so awesome.

• Thumbs Up 6

Really hope the game has at least a unique final boss. A showdown with King Boo would be oh so awesome.

We're probably gonna get nothing better than a Giant Dry Bowser fight, as sad as that may be

Though, I do kinda wish that they'd at least swap Peach out with Daisy

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJMuE7clPe0

Footage of New Super Luigi U in action.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am gonna get Luigi U on digital.

Anyone else?

I already own it, digitally.

It's a lot of fun, even if it's short. Some of the new levels are well designed and challenging enough, but the multiplayer can be even more difficult to coordinate than usual. I also thought it was really lame the way the bosses are pretty much unchanged from the original game. I know they aren't the draw, but that's just lazy and doesn't match the higher difficulty level of the regular stages. It gives the whole thing a rom-hacky feel.

But if you want to play as Luigi and want another 80+ (short) levels, go for it.

Edited by Solly

I think I am gonna get Luigi U on digital.

Anyone else?

I already downloaded the DLC.  

And fuck me is it hard sometimes.  The levels want me to be quick and precise a lot of the time and Luigi's so slippery.  Anyways, a little story to tell:

I got to the end of the ghost ship in the Water World, there was a bunch of Boo's circling around the area right before the flag and I'm supposed to jump through them.  They expand their circle every now and then though, so I sat there for a while waiting for them to group back together in a small circle to get the timing right.

And they just fucking didn't.  So I figured, "I'll just wait for the small opening again and I'll jump through them and be on my merry way."

And I shit you not, right as a I jump forward the little assholes group back into the smaller circle and I died.

tumblr_m7d0nddhd41r1849go1_500_zps08678f

Fun stuff though.

Edited by Nix

Just so you guys know, NSLU had a cheat code where player 1 can play as Nabbit. Great for collecting 1-ups when you need them. Hold ZL and ZR as you enter the stage. I believe it's the B trigger if you're using a Wii Remote.

Edited by King Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 1

If SLU ever goes on sale digitally, or if I can find the retail version cheap then I'll pick it up. But as I'm pretty bored for NSMB as it is, I think I'll have to pass otherwise.

Is it only me that found that ad quite disturbing? Over at the Sega Forums people are saying that it suggests that Luigi is about to sexually assault Peach...

Btw GIF of Luigi from the trailer..

tumblr_mp19t5dPu51rrftcdo1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

So Luigi gets his own NSMBU DLC, a sequel to his own game, a pivotal role in the new M&L game, and now gets to storm Peach's castle. Whether she wants to or not.

Year of the Luigi indeed.

Is it bad that the last two lines of that paragraph sound inuendoish?

I'll probably get the hard copy, I like getting different coloured game cases :P

And hard copy's too (still think Nintendo should let you register your game so you could download a digital copy if you loose or have yours stolen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting NSMBU this Saturday. Is there Off-TV play? If so, 40 euros well spent.

• Thumbs Up 1