Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Yep. Played the entire game in that mode myself, actually. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

NSMB somehow feels better suited to a small screen you hold in your hands. It may look a bit muddier, but it's somehow the better experience. 

• Thumbs Up 2

NSMB somehow feels better suited to a small screen you hold in your hands. It may look a bit muddier, but it's somehow the better experience. 

I think virtually any game that doesn't really have touch screen functionality works better on the gamepad whether you're lounging around on the the couch, sitting in a bizarre position, or just playing normally.

The only wii U game I don't use the pad screen for is MH3U - and even then, I'd probably play that on the bad if the implementation was a little better.

I mainly got NSMBU just to have something to play on my Wii U. It'll put me on until Lost World. 

• 2 weeks later...

Late as hell because I got a Wii-U few weeks back (Damn my Nintendo fanboyism)

NSMBU was surprisingly alright. I was expecting NSMBWii with different backgrounds, but they actually seemed to change the formula up a little bit in this one. I'm not gonna talk about the flaws or the pros cause they've been said a bunch of times already, but as a Launch title game, I guess it does it job (though that isn't an excuse for it's laziness.)

I will say this is probably the best 2D Mario since Mario World, but there isn't that much competition. I would probably appreciate this title and the series alot more if NSMB Wii and NSMB2 didn't exist. There is some new things done in this game, but there's far too much of the same gimmicks/tropes/tricks that I've constantly seen for the past 7 years.

I'll probably pick up New Super Luigi U physical in a few months when it's in the bargain bin for $5.

Agreed. I vastly prefer playing this game on the gamepad. Using the TV just doesn't feel right with this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Takemoto posted an interesting challenge for New Super Luigi U players

juXkExV3LLN8B.png

NSMB2 had you collecting 1 million coins and now they want you to collect zero.

I like how the competition ends before the physical retail release.