Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

EDIT: Smash Bros. Strife is fake people. Sorry about that :(

But there is INDEED a new Smash Bros. among us! Who do you wish to be playable? I'm hopin for Tails. I mean they got Sonic in their right... right? ;-;

Edited by DJDaz

When Iwata confirmed Smash Bros WiiU/3DS at E3, he specifically said development had not begun and that Sakurai was/is preoccupied with Kid Icarus at the moment. Beyond the simple announcement, not even a name is known -- Strife is simply a rumour.

Ah let me change the topic name and stuff then. Well so there IS a new Smash Bros. on the way. That makes me very happy. Who do you think will be in this one? I don't care as long as they don't remove Pokemon Trainer. He's so uniqe!

All I care about it the return of the joy of staying up until 3 am to be trolled by Sakurai with a Smash Bros. Dojo update on control schemes.

Japan time is best time.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'll I knows is zat zey need to have Krystal playable in this game...

And Midna...

And Megaman...

...Zant? Vaati?

Who else? I'd like them to keep Sonic and Snake for one.

To the OP, I seriously doubt Tails will be considered, or any other Sonic character. But if they do, some good choices would be him, Shadow (shut up, that's not yours or my fucking decision to make), Knuckles, and Silver. And if they do that for Sonic, they might do it for Snake by including either Raiden or Grey Fox. Time'll tell tho.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

And Midna...

And Megaman...

...Zant?

Who else?

I'm up for Mewtwo in the game again, hell I just want it to be a little closer to Melee overall. That, and improve the online. Maybe take out Mega Man and replace him with X, and I'm okay with Krystal and Midna and a guy with a helmet made to look like a fish face.

zant1.jpg

Seriously, dat fish helmet...

I'm not really sure there's much point to this topic, considering we know literally nothing except the game's (eventual?) existence, and we probably won't hear any more about it for a long time...

Though, woohoo, more Smash is always a good thing.

Maybe take out Mega Man and replace him with X,

No way, you gotta have classic Megaman. Don't get me wrong, X is cool and all, but you gotta represent classic Megaman first IMO.

Also

Keep Sonic(They gotta considering Sega and Nintendo still <3 one another since they're up to Mario & Sonic 3 now)/Snake

Ridley

Little Mac

Mewtwo

Palutena

Medusa

Krystal

another Mario rep (Rosalina or maybe Bowser Jr.)

another Zelda rep (Zant, Skull kid with Majora's Mask, or new evil guy from Skyward Sword)

another F-Zero rep

Some more third party characters

Honestly I'd love them to go all out with a ton of characters/stages, have different costumes for characters, and MAKE SURE the online play is flawless instead of another storymode. When all is said and done people keep coming back for the multiplayer.

Also we're getting 2 new Smash games. One for 3DS, one for WiiU. I'd love it if the WiiU version could support DLC for new characters/stages over time.

HYPE!

No way, you gotta have classic Megaman. Don't get me wrong, X is cool and all, but you gotta represent classic Megaman first IMO.

If they're willing to do more, they could do Classic Megaman and then use Zero to represent both eras.

another Mario rep (Rosalina or maybe Bowser Jr.)

I would LOVE to see what moveset they would have for Rosalina...and with her being the Watcher of the Stars, aka the Universe, she could have a EPIC Final Smash.

another Zelda rep (Zant, Skull kid with Majora's Mask, or new evil guy from Skyward Sword)

Or True Form Midna. :D

What? I'd like to see True Form Midna...

I'm sure we won't see anything until next years E3 at the earliest though. :/

*Plays Brawl as blue power suite Samus and pretends it's Megaman to kill time*

If I had it my way, the character roster would have...

Mega Man (Classic)

Rayman

Klonoa

Keep Sonic

Replace Snake with Sparkster

Earthworm Jim

Ridley

Replace Pokemon Trainer with Mewtwo

Replace Jigglypuff with Piplup

Crono

Marina Liteyears

Most of that will never happen, of course.

I'm just hoping Sonic makes a return, along with newcomer Megaman, since he should have been in Brawl.

I can sit here and "dream" about other characters that I want it, but we all know a majority of who we wanted in the past is highly unrealistic and highly improbable. Like when people wanted Tails or Knuckles or even Shadow as playable characters when Sonic was revealed.... GET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL! lol

All joking aside, a new Smash isn't enough to warrant a buy from me for the wii U or 3DS at the time. Ninty needs to step up their game if they want my business lol

The only realistic things on your list are Sonic, Ridley, and maybe Megaman.

I know, it's tragic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Give me playable Tails and Megaman, and I'd be fucking sold. I'd also love it if they gave Ganon's moveset to Black Shadow or something so we can finally him some moves of his own - too much potential was wasted in making him a Falcon clone.

Ganondorf needs to use his fucking sword...

• Thumbs Up 2

I would actually care about Ganondorf if they used his Wind Waker design.

Getting into the series with Majora's Mask gave me a pretty weird mindset on certain things.

No.

On a different note, I'm just hoping they keep most if not all of the Brawl cast. I also hope that they'll consider bringing Mewtwo back.

As for brand new characters that are plausible that I'd like to see? Bowser Jr. Complete with paintbrush attacks.

I'd love it if Mega Man got in, preferring Classic. Though considering a certain game coming out, Capcom might include another one for marketing.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 1

No.

Yes.

And why not? Really, there's not much to prevent her from appearing except the game's director himself.

Star Fox has enough representation with Fox, Falco and Wolf.

That is a bullshit statement to make, dude.

Mario has way more representation with several, with Pokemon and Zelda being second with four each. You wanna tell me they have enough representation?

This game is obviously going to have more characters, and I don't see any reason why they should even hold back on characters that could be potential fighters. The series representation doesn't mean jackshit on who should appear.

That is a bullshit statement to make, dude.

Not really when Sakurai has the audacity to give us three Landmasters. I think all of them play different enough on-foot, but seriously, that was a fucking joke.

Krystal might make for an interesting character gameplay wise, yeah, I don't really deny that.. Then I think about how shitty of a character she is.

I know I sound full of shit, but yes. I don't want her in because I don't like her.

Edited by Chooch

I wouldn't mind Krystal. I just know how Nintendo thinks. If they wanted to include every noteworthy Nintendo character in Brawl, they would've done so. But they didn't. Instead, they wasted spaces that could've been used for Krystal and Ridley for... Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers. They even saw fit to axe Mewtwo for God knows what reason.

They're going to restrict their selection again. They might as well use those spaces to give more representation to other series.