Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Not really when Sakurai has the audacity to give us three Landmasters. I think all of them play different enough on-foot, but seriously, that was a fucking joke.

There's her staff. That's really enough to keep her from using a Landmaster, as she could probably use the earthquake move or whatever other ability they want to give it. I'm wondering what kept them from using the Arwing for Falco or the Wolfen for Wolf as Final Smashes when they've had flying FS for other characters, but it's not like it takes a somersault of imagination to think of a final smash for her.

Then again, I hardly play with items in Brawl anyway. So I couldn't care less about that.

Krystal might make for an interesting character gameplay wise sure, I don't really deny that.. Then I think about how shitty of a character she is. I know I sound full of shit, but yes. I don't want her in because I don't like her.

Then simply don't play as her. I like her, and I don't see why I can't have the chance to play her simply because you don't when you don't even have to bother with her to begin with.

I wouldn't mind Krystal. I just know how Nintendo thinks. If they wanted to include every noteworthy Nintendo character in Brawl, they would've done so. But they didn't. Instead, they wasted spaces that could've been used for Krystal and Ridley for... Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers. They even saw fit to axe Mewtwo for God knows what reason.

So how does that deny a character like Krystal from appearing? If they chose not to put her in Brawl, they simply chose not to put her in. They saw fit to put in whatever character they felt like putting in to represent a series. Honestly, that doesn't tell me anything beyond the fact that there's nothing from barring or including Krystal in this game but the person behind it.

They're going to restrict their selection again. They might as well use those spaces to give more representation to other series.

Like what series? Because honestly, I doubt representation even plays that much of a part in this.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Like what series?

Metroid, or perhaps other third-party characters. There's a high demand for Mega Man, and there could be more than one character to represent a third-party series. What if they decide to include Gray Fox along with Snake, or Knuckles along with Sonic? Would there be room left for Krystal?

Even though they probably haven't even started development yet, it's so good to hear another smash is coming.

Mewtwo has to come back for starters. Sonic too. (If any other sonic characters are allowed, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow are the only realistic options I can see happening.)

Focus on multiplayer this time. This should be top priority as it's the multiplayer that players come back to. The more characters and stages the better.

I'd love it if they did something crazy just to shake up the formula a bit. Like make the visual style akin to a comic book or something.

Metroid, or perhaps other third-party characters. There's a high demand for Mega Man, and there could be more than one character to represent a third-party series. What if they decide to include Gray Fox along with Snake, or Knuckles along with Sonic?

Then they'll put them in. That still doesn't stop them from using Krystal. I could even turn it against you: what if they didn't decide to include Gray Fox or Knuckles? Or even Megaman, or any other third party character that comes to mind. What if they don't even bother with including another Metroid character?

Would there be room left for Krystal?

Yes? Just because they bring in those characters doesn't mean Krystal is incapable of appearing. That doesn't make any sense. Hell, you could make the very same argument for the characters you just mentioned and it wouldn't hold any water.

(If any other sonic characters are allowed, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow are the only realistic options I can see happening.)

You know what? Screw those three, they should put in Blaze instead. :P

They even saw fit to axe Mewtwo for God knows what reason.
It certaintly wasn't for lack of trying - there still exists incomplete data in Brawl that proves they at least tried to get him in, but it wasn't completed, most likely due to time constraints. It's not like they deliberately threw the character slot away to someone else just to piss people off.

On a relevant tangent, Mewtwo wasn't the only one scrapped in this manner - there was also data found for Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Shiek, Roy, Dr. Mario and a Plusle & Minun team. If any of them end up making it into the next Smash, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Yes? Just because they bring in those characters doesn't mean Krystal is incapable of appearing. That doesn't make any sense. Hell, you could make the very same argument for the characters you just mentioned and it wouldn't hold any water.

Maybe I should be a little more blunt since I can't sugarcoat my real opinion on the matter.

There are more deserving characters than Krystal. Several more deserving characters. Bowser Jr. would be more deserving in my eyes. As much as I would like to live in a world where all of the characters I want and Krystal are in the next Smash Bros., that won't happen. Nintendo is a weird Japanese company with weird Japanese policies. They could give us this epic Smash Bros. game with 50+ characters, but their Japanese ethics prevent them from doing so because that would be too much content. They axed Mewtwo, they threw in Sonic at the last minute, they neglected to call up Inafune so they could include Mega Man, and Ridley is too big. But we have Jigglypuff!

There are more deserving characters than Krystal. Several more deserving characters. Bowser Jr. would be more deserving in my eyes.

Says who? I'm pretty damn sure Nintendo decides who's more deserving, not me or you.

For example, who thought Wolf was a more deserving character for Brawl (I recall a member Cyberblade before the forum wipeout who said he didn't deserve to be in)? Pokemon Trainer? Lucas? Freaking Toon Link? I'm pretty sure very few of us considered them worthy of being in Brawl, but Nintendo saw fit to put them in the game. Heck we were asking for Megaman in Brawl, but they never put him in for whatever reason. And they took out Mewtwo even tho there were people who wanted him in Brawl. I remember people discussing who should be the Assist Trophy to represent Sonic, and many people were asking for Tails or Knuckles; instead, they put Shadow as an assist trophy, and those people weren't happy with that decision.

My point is that that is all up to the folks at Nintendo to decide whether to put them in or not. It doesn't matter how deserving you think they are, they may or may not even bother to put them in.

As much as I would like to live in a world where all of the characters I want and Krystal are in the next Smash Bros., that won't happen.

Again, that's up to Nintendo. It'll happen depending on whether they choose to do so or not. If they include her, great! If not, oh well. I'll be disappointed, but that's not something for me to be worked up for the simple fact that I had no control over it in the first place.

Nintendo is a weird Japanese company with weird Japanese policies. They could give us this epic Smash Bros. game with 50+ characters, but their Japanese ethics prevent them from doing so because that would be too much content. They axed Mewtwo, they threw in Sonic at the last minute, they neglected to call up Inafune so they could include Mega Man, and Ridley is too big. But we have Jigglypuff!

I was simply hoping for Krystal. Not Mewtwo, not Megaman, and not Ridley. I wouldn't mind if they showed up either, but I'm hoping Krystal is included in the game.

You seem to be so deadset in justifying that she's not going to appear, despite that there's no evidence to confirm or deny it at this time.

I don't want to dash your hopes then. If Nintendo includes Krystal, good. As long as I'm not left without Mega Man.

I don't want to dash your hopes then.

Why were you trying to in the first place? You were making an argument out of thin air here when there wasn't anything to go from in the first place regarding whether or not she'll appear, and it made absolutely no sense for you to use other characters they didn't use as a justification that she wouldn't appear.

Why were you trying to in the first place? You were making an argument out of thin air here when there wasn't anything to go from in the first place regarding whether or not she'll appear, and it made absolutely no sense for you to use other characters they didn't use as a justification that she wouldn't appear.

Do you really want to carry on this argument? You like Krystal, I don't. That's what it boils down to in the end. Maybe I just should've said that instead.

Do you really want to carry on this argument?

I wouldn't ask that question if I were you, 'cause I'm more than up for it. I haven't had a debate in a while.

You like Krystal, I don't. That's what it boils down to in the end. Maybe I just should've said that instead.

That would've saved a lot trouble, although to be blunt, you saying that at this point now makes me think that your previous posts were just trying to cover that in order to avoid having me say the same thing I told Chooch. Not sure if you intended to, but that just a little food for thought.

oh0aox.jpg

I find it hard to have specific hopes beyond third party characters since Brawl was so full of shit that I wonder how they can 1up that.

• Thumbs Up 2

WHoops!

Edit: Wait someone else mentioned it already, sorry about that.

Edited by Jetronic

Makes me wonder if they'll replace Lucario with a 5th Gen Pokemon.

LET'S ALL VOTE GARBADOR

C'mon guys, really? cool it.

I'm cool. What, are we really that snippy?

Cool!

lol that sakurai is basically like "yea, we haven't started, we need peeps." I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Well they gave it away accidentally (or on purpose), so at least we don't have to bother speculating the game's existence.

This time around, Sakurai has plenty of room to work with regarding character choices for the game, so it's a matter thinking who would look like a good fighting character. No doubt most of the Brawl cast will return, so it's really more figuring out the newbies.

...look at me stating the obvious.

I hope that whatever happens, tripping is taken out. Or if it's still in, include an option to turn it off.

If another playable Sonic character is added I'd rather it be Knuckles than Tails. Tails should at least be promoted to assist trophy though. As for other characters I hope to see added...

-Black Shadow or Beastman (F-Zero seriously needs to be known for more than just Captain Falcon's awesomeness)

-Krystal

-Bowser Jr.

-Ganondorf revamped so he can use his sword/swords

-Megaman

-Mewtwo

-Midna with Wolf Link

-Issac

-The Black Knight (Not sure how popular the Fire Emblem character is, but I think it may be a cool idea. And then people who've never played Smash will be like "Ooooo you can fight as the BLACK KNIGHT in this game?!")

If for some bizarre reason Charmy is the new WTF character, his final smash should be something like this:

If another playable Sonic character is added I'd rather it be Knuckles than Tails. Tails should at least be promoted to assist trophy though.

While I personally wouldn't mind Shadow as the second playable character from the Sonic series, I'd much rather see old Eggman join the fray instead, since he has more potential to be a unique character (not that Shadow couldn't, but the chance is there with him) and with him on board it helps pad out the villain's ranks. This is all assuming Sega can add another character too, and that they choose Sonic again to add from rather than another series (they could always add AiAi or Billy Hatcher). I do also wonder whether Green Hill Zone would return again as Sonic's home stage, or whether another level would be picked for the sake of diversifing.

Aside from that, the only two other characters I would really want to see would be Bowser Jr. and King K. Rool, since I think they'd both make good additions. I'm kinda surprised though that (from what I've read of the topic anyway) noone seems to have speculated on the possiblity of another story mode, along the lines of the Subspace Emmisary. That seemed to have been one of the biggest draws of the last Smash Bros game, seeing all the characters work together in the cutscenes and stuff.

Lastly, I kinda wonder if they'll introduce any new game modes/mini games like in previous games, and what kind of stuff it would be. At least this time around though if theres an online mode hopefully it'll be decent. :V

While I personally wouldn't mind Shadow as the second playable character from the Sonic series, I'd much rather see old Eggman join the fray instead, since he has more potential to be a unique character
Just make Eggman a boss in Subspace 2.0 so we can have both. Problem solved.

...I'd still much rather see Tails instead though, but I have a sinking feeling Sakurai will go with Shadow instead because he's so damn easy to make a clone character out of.