Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Lucario's hella popular, I think he'll be sticking around. If anything, I'm thinking they're gonna drop either a Gen V or Gen VI Pokémon into the roster alongside Pikachu, Jiggly, and Lucario. And hopefully Pokémon Trainer.

Lucario's hella popular, I think he'll be sticking around. If anything, I'm thinking they're gonna drop either a Gen V or Gen VI Pokémon into the roster alongside Pikachu, Jiggly, and Lucario. And hopefully Pokémon Trainer.

So was Mewtwo tho. 

Why not keep up the tradition of changing that slot every game? 

There will be backlash if Sonic won't appear in the next Super Smash bros. Example? Ryo Hazuki appeared in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, when he didn't appear in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed the petition to include him as DLC received 3,381 signatures.

There will be backlash if Sonic won't appear in the next Super Smash bros. Example? Ryo Hazuki appeared in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, when he didn't appear in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed the petition to include him as DLC received 3,381 signatures.

And we still don't have him.

The same could be said to Megaman and Venom in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Crash and Spyro in Playstation All-Stars.

If Sonic isn't in the next SSB it will be for some reason and petitions only work 2% of the times.

What about Lucas? I doubt he's going to return since he's just another clone and was there to raise awareness of Mother 3, which came out in 2006. I certainly didn't know about that game when the character was first revealed.

So I've been thinking about possible movesets for Classic Mega Man and Genesect if they do get in:

Classic Mega Man:

Entry: He does the classic teleport.

B: Mega Buster - he fires up to three Mega Buster shots when tapped (it's more rapid than Samus's shots). Holding it down will cause it to charge and fire a larger, stronger shot.

Side-B: Change Weapon - Mega Man replaces his Mega Buster with one of six weapons (I've decided to use the ones from 2, seeing how it's the most iconic game):

• Metal Blade: Since it can't really be aimed in multiple directions due to Smash Bros.'s nature, it'll just be larger Mega Buster shots that deal slash damage. Holding B fires all three at once.
  • Air Shooter: He fires (all at once) three miniature tornadoes that go upwards. They throw opponents upwards.
  • Bubble Lead: He shoots up to two bubbles that move along the ground. These cause water damage.
  • Quick Boomerang: It's a rapid-fire short ranged weapon that moves in an arc. Deals slash damage.
  • Crash Bomber: Shoots a single Crash Bomb that sails in the air until it hits a wall. While unpinned, it will cause slash damage and/or explode. Once pinned to a wall, it will give off several small explosions after a delay.
  • Atomic Fire: Essentially the Mega Buster, except it acts more like Samus's shots and deals fire damage.

He will change colours to represent the use of each weapon, and it moves in a cycle.

Up-B: Rush Coil - acts like Sonic's Spring: Rush will teleport underneath Mega Man and spring him upwards. Any character can use him before he teleports away.

Down-B: Slide - Mega Man slides into enemies, knocking them over. This can also be used to dodge attacks.

Final Smash: Time Stopper - Mega Man stops time, freezing all action on the stage for around 15 seconds. A meter (in the style of the NES games) appears to let players know how long the effects will last for. The game cannot be paused during this, and Mega Man can only use his normal attacks. He can beat up enemies, but they will not move.

Also, his shield is the Leaf Shield, and rolling will cause it to fly in the direction Mega Man is facing, dealing grass damage. Kirby will copy either the Mega Buster, or whatever weapon Mega Man had on him at the time.

Genesect:

Entry: He flies in in High Speed Flight Form.

B: Techno Blast - Genesect fires either a volley of light bullets or a single long beam, depending on if the button is tapped, or held.

Side-B: Drive Change - this changes the Drive on Techno Blast and what kind of damage it inflicts (normal, fire, electric, freezing or water). It cycles.

Up-B: Fly - Genesect transforms and flies like a faster version of R.O.B.'s hover.

Down-B: Magnet Bomb: Genesect launches a bomb that will explode after 5 seconds. If a player is metallic, it will become attracted to them.

Final Smash: Plasma Buster - essentially a giant laser that will deal either normal, fire, freezing, water or electric damage.

Kirby will copy either the normal Techno Blast or whatever type of Techno Blast was used by Genesect at the time.

Also, I feel like they could split the roster up between the Wii U and 3DS versions - like (aside from the 12 veterans) one game has different characters than the other, and the full roster is acheived by connecting the two.

Except Ryo is a piece of SEGA's history and really has every right to be included in the first place. The SEGA All-Stars series is a celebration of their characters and franchises, and Shenmue was a fan favorite on the Dreamcast.

Sonic, in Brawl, was a guest character. He was there by popular vote when Snake was unveiled, who was in the game at Hideo Kojima's request. I'd love to see him in the next game, but I'm happy we even got to play as him once.

Also, I feel like they could split the roster up between the Wii U and 3DS versions - like (aside from the 12 veterans) one game has different characters than the other, and the full roster is acheived by connecting the two.

That depends on whether or not the Wii U and 3DS versions will have any kind of cross-play, I imagine.  I don't know if Nintendo or Sakurai have made any statements indicating whether they favour that or not (I seem to recall a very early suggestion that one might focus on the battling and online element and the other more on the story element, but that was long ago now).  But if the two are meant to work together, presumably the entire cast would have to be programmed into both, and having cast members programmed in who you can't play as is the sort of thing that tends to annoy people.  Honestly, I don't know if this will be relevant at all, though.  If they were separate, I'd be interested in a 3DS version with a more handheld-centric line-up, and a Wii U version with a console-centric line-up.  That might allow some slightly more obscure characters to get into each.

What about Lucas? I doubt he's going to return since he's just another clone and was there to raise awareness of Mother 3, which came out in 2006. I certainly didn't know about that game when the character was first revealed.

I'd be a bit disappointed if this happened since Lucas is one of my mains in Brawl, though personally I wouldn't be too surprised since he was both pretty clonesy and primarily just there for the sake of marketing/awareness, and Ness is too relavent to the Smash series itself to get the boot. Though if Lucas were to disappear, I hope that they at least replace him with Pokey Minch, who not only acts as a semi-better series representative seeing as he was a major/main villains in both Mother 2 and 3, but he also has some pretty cool moveset possibilities, whether they be overexaggerated versions of his useless attacks at the beginning of Earthbound/Mother 2, or some kind of tinkering with gadgets and gizmos that he had the opportunity of using in the later two Mother games. Plus the Smash games totally need more villains. 

Side-B: Change Weapon

This is kind of an odd place to put it. Down B would be a better choice, I'd think; kind of equivalent to Zelda/Sheik's transform. Or on his taunts...or if they wanted to be really clever, use his spot dodge and give it his teleport effect.

That's also an awful lot of powers. Buster plus 2 or 3 weapons would be more reasonable. They could probably sneak some others into his A attacks.

He will change colours to represent the use of each weapon

Problem with this is that colors are already used for teams and costumes. You wouldn't want to overwrite the colors the player picked (especially if they're team colors) but having separate and identifiable colors for each costume/weapon combo would be kind of ridiculous.

Up-B: Rush Coil - acts like Sonic's Spring: Rush will teleport underneath Mega Man and spring him upwards. Any character can use him before he teleports away.

It works, but I'm not a big fan of it basically being identical to Sonic's. Beat is a possible alternative.

Down-B: Slide - Mega Man slides into enemies, knocking them over. This can also be used to dodge attacks.

Not really much of a "special" move. Might be better as a dash attack.

Final Smash: Time Stopper - Mega Man stops time, freezing all action on the stage for around 15 seconds. A meter (in the style of the NES games) appears to let players know how long the effects will last for. The game cannot be paused during this, and Mega Man can only use his normal attacks. He can beat up enemies, but they will not move.

First off, this is really boring for anyone who isn't Mega Man. Second, even if they can't be knocked away while it's active, it'd seem pretty easy to get a KO by setting up a smash just as it's ending. Third, I'd think a Final Smash should be more definitive of the character, their abilities, and their series, and a time stop weapon doesn't really scream "Mega Man". The Super Adapter from MM7 might be a better choice.

Also, his shield is the Leaf Shield, and rolling will cause it to fly in the direction Mega Man is facing, dealing grass damage.

I have a feeling this might be too useful, making his dodge too safe and giving him greater ability to spam projectiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I suppose there are too many weapons. Maybe make the Crash Bomber, Air Shooter and Bubble Lead the selectable weapons, while Side-B would be something like the Metal Blade/Shadow Blade.

I also see your point on the colours, but how would a player be able to instantly tell if they have the Bubble Lead selected if we have Mega Man in blue and cyan (or whatever colour) all the time? Maybe have an icon above the character icon?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Going with Dio's suggestion of moving the weapon change action to the down special to replace the slide and maybe replacing the Rush Coil with Beat, an alternative side special could simply be the Rush Jet, with Rush popping up behind Megaman before charging forward for a short distance in jet form before disappearing.

Also, instead of full on changes to his color scheme, you could just have the color of his helmet or blaster change colors each time you shift between weapons, so that it'd be subtle enough to not overide the standard character color changes

I'd actually prefer Mega Man X over classic Mega Man because he would probably have more mobility options with his air-dashing and ground-dashing and stuff, plus all the stuff Classic Mega Man could offer.

Besides, if Mega Man X is there, then Zero potentially could be there, and Zero is awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uuuugh who cares about Zero, seriously. And his X-era design is balls.

X himself is also pretty lame compared to classic Megs, even if dashing and wall jumping are cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uuuugh who cares about Zero, seriously. And his X-era design is balls.

X himself is also pretty lame compared to classic Megs, even if dashing and wall jumping are cool.

What's wrong with Zero and X's design? I thought they were fine (I also like the MMZ Zero design though).

• Thumbs Up 2

X-era Zero is just so bulky and awkward looking. Plus boob lights and tighty-whities. Zero-era Zero is a bit better but still kind of silly if you look too close. (ZX is not too bad tho) e: also Zero is the Shadow of Megaman, so

X himself, to me his design is just "meh", and as a character I don't really like him. There's this weird trying-to-be-angsty fog surrounding him.

Classic Megs is more upbeat and fun, and his design is clean, efficient, and effective.

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 2

X himself, to me his design is just "meh", and as a character I don't really like him. There's this weird trying-to-be-angsty fog surrounding him.

I kinda have to disagree on that one. X's character is mainly an idealist who is trying to do the right thing by everybody but happens to be in a setting that's much more cynical, kinda like Shirou from Fate/Stay Night. The only time he really got angsty about it was X7 (guess which X game nobody liked, for various reasons!), but that was massively toned down in X8 straight down to being simply weary of having to fight Sigma every damn time, and who could blame him? He's more of a pacifist who is reluctantly forced to fight, and in a setting like that, it's natural for someone like him to feel bad about it.

They did give his character quite a shift in the Zero series, he went from advocating straight pacifism to straight up telling Zero to terminate Copy-X with prejudice in Zero 1. One can only imagine the trauma the poor guy went through to go through such a personality shift, especially after the Elf Wars.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 2

X-era Zero is just so bulky and awkward looking. Plus boob lights and tighty-whities. Zero-era Zero is a bit better but still kind of silly if you look too close. (ZX is not too bad tho) e: also Zero is the Shadow of Megaman, so

Classic Megs is more upbeat and fun, and his design is clean, efficient, and effective.

Can you elaborate on that? Because technically Zero was always the better Reploid

New badass that attracts newbies with how cool his powers are.

Except done a million times better. Case in point, look how loved and popular Zero's games were compared to Shadow's loathed game.

• Thumbs Up 3

How cool his powers are? He uses a beam sword and a cannon that isn't worth shit (except in X6 where it's the only way to make that fucking game tolerable). I like him because of his design and he actually makes X4 a fun game.

On topic though, I wouldn't want to see Mega Man X or Zero or any Mega Man character.

I still have no idea why Sonic and Snake were in Brawl. 

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki