Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

About te link thing, I wouldn't be surprised if it went like this: WiiU version get Skyward sword Link and Toon link,while 3DS gets Skyward Sword link and ALttP Link. Toon link and LttP link probably wouldn't play that differently,but are used for representation.(since 3ds is Lttp while WiiU is getting wind waker HD.)

What do you mean by Aggro-play?

Aggressive play, i.e. actively pursuing and trying to defeat your opponent rather than merely reacting to their playstyle.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

So out of boredom, I'm deciding to give my ideas as to what stages have a strong chance of appearing in the Next smash bros. I'm trying to think realistically here and not come up with wacky "duh. obviously not" kinds. So without further ado, here is my list:

Skyloft

Skyloft.png

Skyloft was beautiful. On top of that, it played quite a important role in not only Skyward Sword, but the entire timeline of Zelda. It's where the first link grew up and was raised in. On top of that, the potential for extra characters like groose to be in the background would be nice. Just from a scenic point of view I think on WiiU,it would look amazing.

Grass Land(epic yarn)

Grass_Land.jpg

Epic Yarn was a cool game. It took kirby to a new and interesting location introducing our pink gumball to a new world and new way to use his abilities. While I wouldn't want to see Yarn kirby as a character in SSB4, seeing a stage from Yarnland would be amazing, and what better world than the first land kirby began his adventure in?tongue.png And the potential gimmicks the stage could offer.

Bowsers Castle

Bowsercastlensmbwii.png

We've seen Peaches Castle,Luigi's mansion and other Iconic stages from Mario, but we've never had a actual Bowser level! So how about Bowsers castle, the intensity it could create in tourneys, the lava shooting out on the stage the eerie music that would potentially play, it's the perfect villain stage! And it's high time we saw a BC(considering in every mario spin-off title we get one, so why not here?lol)

Comet Observatory

SMG_Cometobservatory2.png

Ah the beautiful Observatory. I personally think it would be a wonderful side-scrolling stage. Plus, you can't just stay in one part of the gorgeous spaceship! I was hoping it would have been in brawl, but oh well. Lets hope for here!

Tropical Resort

Tropical_Resort_-_Screenshot_-_%284%29.j

If not this, then Eggman land. Both these stages offer that amusement park tropes and wacky aesthetics. Tropical resort wins because it was exclusive on Nintendo consoles.(even in generations!) It seems like the perfect Sonic choice, should he return.

Other Choices:

• Nintendo Headquarters
  • Nintendo 3DS or WiiFit
  • White world
  • Twilight Realm(Twilight Palace)
  • Windfall island

So what do you guys think of these choices? Do you think they got a chance? what do you guys want to see? What returning stages do you think will be in it?

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 3

Aggressive play, i.e. actively pursuing and trying to defeat your opponent rather than merely reacting to their playstyle.

So like Melee then? Well then I welcome that.

I like this style of play more, honestly brawl felt too much like a dodge fest for me and it gets boring when your pretty much doing the whole shield dodge thing for most matches.

I like your choices Hedgehogs Boost, but instead of Comet Observatory I'd like to see Good Egg Galaxy used instead. If not that, then Gusty Garden. A great gimmick for the stage could be that you're fighting on different planets, and the only way to get to another planet  is by jumping into a Warp Star. If you don't get to the Warp Star within time limit, you die. Then again, that sounds like the gimmicks they used in Brawl and I know a lot of people hated them there. .-.

Also, I reckon we'll get an epic orchestral suite of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2's best songs in the SMG stage. Yes please! <3

Pokefloats should come back.

There's nothing I want more than to be killed for jumping on the Goldeen for the thousandth time. :U

But seriously, I wouldn't mind more Melee stages like that making a comeback. Too many good stages didn't make the jump. I still miss Mushroom Kingdom II. :(

EDIT: Too jerk-y.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

I like your choices Hedgehogs Boost, but instead of Comet Observatory I'd like to see Good Egg Galaxy used instead. If not that, then Gusty Garden. A great gimmick for the stage could be that you're fighting on different planets, and the only way to get to another planet  is by jumping into a Warp Star. If you don't get to the Warp Star within time limit, you die. Then again, that sounds like the gimmicks they used in Brawl and I know a lot of people hated them there. .-.   Also, I reckon we'll get an epic orchestral suite of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2's best songs in the SMG stage. Yes please! <3
Gusty garden could perhaps have instances where the wind blows you up...but that gimmick doesn't sound that interesting.:P And yes,Pokefloats along with one or two other melee stages need to come back.(fountain of dreams plz) I'm curious what brawl stages they'd choose to return though...Bridge of elden?Mario circuit?Castle Siege? Personally I would love to see that Captain falcon stage,the Halberd, and new por-I mean Smashville return.

Another great Mario Galaxy stage idea could be the Starship Mario or a similar iconic full spherical planetoid.  The idea would be you can ONLY get KO's by knocking characters off the "top" of the screen (gravity-wise) and turning them into stars, because knocking them sideways just sends them around the planet.  The planet would rotate constantly, allowing access to all areas at the "correct" orientation, but the camera would always stay one way up.  So while you CAN fight on the underside, and the camera will zoom out to accomodate players being at both ends of the planet, you'll want to get back to the top of the planet as fast as possible if you're not madskilled enough to play with reversed controls.

(I should of course clarify that this would be very much a "gimmick" stage like say, Mario Bros. was in Brawl, so would prolly be best served as an unlockable, with something from an older game, NSMB or 3D Land for the "main" Mario stage).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

Sonic's practically guaranteed to return (presuming Transformed's Wii U release hasn't soured relations with Nintendo) since I can only imagine his inclusion helps sales a fair bit (hence why so many are always mad at Nintendo and SEGA tippy toeing around an actual crossover) given his popularity. I presume they'll replace Green Hill to keep things fresh, and we can cross our fingers it isn't replaced by Seaside Hill. Deciding one stage across the entire Sonic franchise will be tough, most certainly, but if we narrow it down to Colors, the most recent fully original installment, it's definitely easier. I'm getting the feeling it'd be Planet Wisp. Given Planet Wisp's use in Generations though, it's always possible they might switch it up; Aquarium Park, Sweet Mountain, and Asteroid Coaster thus far are the three that have been neglected in remakes.

Knowing the trend though we probably will get Seaside Hill. It's really hard to pick a stage as iconic as Green Hill, to be certain.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love to see Sweet Mtn. In SSB4 so much. A remixed version would seal the deal for me, although tropical resort is (next to PW) probably THE colors stage. Either one I'd be fine with. If they want to make me very happy, they would do Terminal Velocity.

I would love to see Sweet Mtn. In SSB4 so much. A remixed version would seal the deal for me, although tropical resort is (next to PW) probably THE colors stage. Either one I'd be fine with. If they want to make me very happy, they would do Terminal Velocity.

The biggest argument against Tropical Resort would probably be that they already used it in Generations 3DS. However, on the other hand, given that wasn't a main release, it's possible that could be glossed over. They also used the Death Egg Robot twice (which is why it lost much of its wow factor in Generations), so the door's always open to Tropical Resort.

Planet Wisp is iconic and fits Sonic's nature theme, but since it was in Generations... I'll chalk it up as unlikely.

There's also the possibility that some stages will be different for the 3DS and WiiU versions. For all we know 3ds could get a secret rings stage, while Wiiu gets a colors one!

There's also the possibility that some stages will be different for the 3DS and WiiU versions. For all we know 3ds could get a secret rings stage, while Wiiu gets a colors one!

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Really opens the possibilities for multiple stages.

I'm doubting the Storybooks will get any inclusion; presumably all stages will be from Colors.

The exception is if the next Sonic game releases prior to the Smash one (very likely), in which case I bet its stages will be used in Smash Bros 4.

The opening stages of a Sonic game are often the most iconic one, so whatever the opening stage of Sonic 2013 is... it's a safe bet it'll make it into Smash Bros.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Skyloft would be okay. It has the opportunity for some cool set pieces and it represents Skyward Sword as a whole very well, but it seems almost too obvious to me. There are a lot of great locations in Skyward Sword and some great chances for stage gimmicks. Imagine a stage set in the Lanayru region drawing elements from the desert, the mining facility and the gorge. You could have timeshift stones placed around the stage which, when hit, transform a part of the stage.

I fully expect it to be Skyloft though. Just give me the timeshift stones pleeeeaasse

Also, why does Planet Wisp being in Generations have any bearing as being a choice as a stage for Smash Bros?

Edited by w00tkins

Also, why does Planet Wisp being in Generations have any bearing as being a choice as a stage for Smash Bros?

Because Generations skipped over the Wii. The 3DS version used Tropical Resort instead, so that would be another thing to consider.

Didn't stop his jingle from being in a non Wii game though

Sonic would probably stick with Green Hill as a retro stage if I had a guess.

OT: I'd bet money Mac from Punch-Out makes the roster; there's no real reason to not give him a chance and i think I remember Sakurai admitting that Brawl's roster was too Japan-oriented.

Edited by FourCartridge

There's also the possibility that some stages will be different for the 3DS and WiiU versions.

If Joshua's link earlier is anything to go by? No, not really.

The online play in Super Smash Bros 4 will have another first for the series: Console versus handheld fights. The game is in development for both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, allowing players on both devices to take each other on. As for when the game will actually be out, Sakurai and Nintendo remain mum. Nintendo said during a recent Nintendo Direct presentation that it would show screenshots of the game at E3 2013, which is not encouraging in regards to a speedy release.

Supposedly the WiiU and 3DS versions are cross compatible, and characters/stages exclusive to one version or the other would completely undermine it.

For what it's worth, I doubt stages being used more than once in the Sonic series has any negative impact on whether it would be in the next Smash Bros. or not. Heck, if anything, I think that would make it more likely, particularly when the stage has been on Nintendo consoles i.e. Tropical Resort..

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Joshua's link earlier is anything to go by? No, not really.

Supposedly the WiiU and 3DS versions are cross compatible, and characters/stages exclusive to one version or the other would completely undermine it.

For the same reason, we're unlikely to get different rosters targeted towards each console - with the result that slightly more esoteric handheld-only characters probably aren't too likely to get a look-in for the main cast.

With that said, I do recall very early proposals that the 3DS and Wii U versions might differ in how they present their content - I seem to recall it being proposed that one might focus more on a Subspace-style story mode and the other more on battles.

I both versions are going to be the EXACT same,then I wonder just how big the game will be. They certainly won't try pushing the wiiu's limit in terms of content it can hold.(and that rules out the possibility that LttP link would replace toon link on the 3ds...maybe he'll be a skin for toon link then)

I both versions are going to be the EXACT same,then I wonder just how big the game will be. They certainly won't try pushing the wiiu's limit in terms of content it can hold.(and that rules out the possibility that LttP link would replace toon link on the 3ds...maybe he'll be a skin for toon link then)

Well looking at Kid Icarus Uprising as an example I think both versions could probably hold a lot on them.

They don't have to have the exact same amount of content, just have to have the same character roster and game physics.