Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Maybe we can get TWO Sonic stages? Retro - Green Hill. Current - A stage from Colors/Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe if they provided alternate costumes like with Wario. I liked how Brawl handled clones, but Melee's usage of them was rather ridiculous.

Maybe we can get TWO Sonic stages? Retro - Green Hill. Current - A stage from Colors/Lost World.

No thanks.

Sonic's just a guest and only really a major incentive to buy for a select group of people.

Edited by Chooch

If Dr. Mario is an alt. costume, I hope it'd still switch his fireballs for pills.

I doubt it.

Reason would suggest that like before, one stage per third party, one character per third party, and every time people convince themselves they'll get more than one of either it confuses me! It's just not realistic given that Nintendo have always been more than clear that guest characters are a bare minimum as the game is Nintendo focused.

(yep that means no playable Knuckles or Shadow or Tails or Eggman too. An Eggman boss at most, maybe, but if you think there will be 2 playable Sonic characters you're kidding yourself)

EDIT: Doctor Mario definitely as an alt costume.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

No thanks.

Sonic's just a guest and only really a major incentive to buy for a select group of people.

But more Sonic is always good right????Right guys.....guys?

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh.. the only reason is because SEGA & Sonic have had a close connection for a while ago. They star in the same games (Olympics) and now have an exclusive partnership. He also appeared in Smash Bros. A retro stage would be easy to port over and would add an additional stage to the mix of the game.

Not likely though. I wouldn't mind if it did happen.

I'd be getting the biggest erection if Gamma was playable, though that's never going to happen.

A likely Sonic stage would be another stage that was in one incarnations of Generations.(INB4 Splash hill)

I really hope that if Final Smashes return that they're a meter based mechanic similar to the supers in PlayStation All-Stars. I'd like that way more than some arbitrary party style mechanic where you just wait for it to randomly appear and fight over who gets it.

It's also really stupid to lose access to your special attacks when you obtain one.

Edited by Chooch

The mere idea of Gamma being playable is laughable at best, a character that was only relevant for one game from over ten years ago and a side game on handheld has zero chance of getting a playable spot, even if he was a Nintendo character. He'd be lucky to even get acknowledged as a trophy

I really hope that if Final Smashes return that they're a meter based mechanic similar to the supers in PlayStation All-Stars. I'd like that way more than some arbitrary party style mechanic where you just wait for it to randomly appear and fight over who gets it.

It's also really stupid to lose access to your special attacks when you obtain one.

But that's what I liked about the Final Smashes. This is a party-esque fighter after all. They just made the game more wacky, which I liked.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know this is a Sonic site and all, but sometimes I kinda wish people would talk more about Smash itself and Nintendo characters other then just Sonic in this topic.

So apparently we're suppose to be seeing pictures of Smash 4 at E3?

yep, pics of the Wii-U and 3DS versions. There's also a rumor going round that we'll get a trailer too, which could (and should) be the case seeing they're been working on this for over a year now.

Smash 4 was announced 2 years ago, I don't think my mind or body can take going another E3 without at least seeing a trailer or teaser of some kind.

Yeah I don't want Final Smashes to become something people rely on rather than something incidental. Perhaps, ideally, they can introduce different options for how the FS system works so the player can decide? I personally don't like the meter system for Supers in PAS, it was far more frustrating to build for some characters than others, and I wouldn't want some of my favourite Smash characters to feel more difficult to play due to forcing reliance on a mechanic that used to be optional etc.

EDIT @ Nintendoga:

A year of pre-production isn't much really :c I guess it doesn't help that we don't know how far along production was before Sakurai finished Kid Icarus.

Edited by SuperLink

Yeah I don't want Final Smashes to become something people rely on rather than something incidental. Perhaps, ideally, they can introduce different options for how the FS system works so the player can decide? I personally don't like the meter system for Supers in PAS, it was far more frustrating to build for some characters than others, and I wouldn't want some of my favourite Smash characters to feel more difficult to play due to forcing reliance on a mechanic that used to be optional etc.

It's not really something that people would rely on when the damage and knock out system would still be intact. I'm not suggesting the removal of what is already established. Just a change in how Final Smashes would work. I drew a comparison to PlayStation All-Stars just because.

Really, I don't see how you'd be relying on Final Smashes even more with the altered system that I'm suggesting than you do already in the current system. In the current system there's a big floating ball of power appearing out of nowhere that you simply can not ignore.

Characters in traditional fighting games don't rely on supers. They are a supplementary thing. What I'm suggesting is a supplementary thing that isn't plagued by randomness. It doesn't even have to be meter based exactly, you could acquire one after taking too much damage a la Street Fighter IV's Ultra Combos.

Edited by Chooch

EDIT @ Nintendoga:

A year of pre-production isn't much really :c I guess it doesn't help that we don't know how far along production was before Sakurai finished Kid Icarus.

Yeah a year isn't that much, but if development is far enough that they're ready to show pics of both versions, surely it's ready enough to see a trailer or some sorts. The game actually didn't even start production at all till June last year. Also Brawl had a trailer about a year after it started development as well.

I hated how Playstation All Star's system worked.

You fool, do you realize what you've just started?

I'll be hiding in my bunker while the flame war is happening

• Thumbs Up 1

Whenever I log onto these forums, I always hear a ton of SSMB members criticize All Stars. One even told me not to even bother with the game. What happened to that attitude? O.o

Nothing changed? I'm still one of the only people who actually enjoys it.

• Thumbs Up 7

@Chooch; ah I misunderstood, I get what you mean now. In PAS you had to use Supers to win etc so they were relied on. I suppose building up a meter could work as one option when you put it that way, but in some situations the scramble for a Final Smash can be hilarious. Obviously only when you're playing as friends, it's no fun at all when a CPU gets it.

And PAS is a pretty fun game, I just think it missed its potential somewhat. I'd like to see a future instalment so its lack of success kinda upsets me, even if I didn't adore the game too much.

Edited by SuperLink

Well.. at the very least I hope they don't lock out your special attack button anymore.

Well.. at the very least I hope they don't lock out your special attack button anymore.

I hope so too, that was even more frustrating than transforming into Super Sonic unintentionally in Sonic 2 or 3 :'l

The only extra Sonic thing would be something like the Shadow assist trophy. Maybe one of the guardians from Lost World as a tie-in.

Sakurai said on twitter we'd get a trailer.

I saw a post from an alleged leaker on NeoGaf saying there will be a trailer that shows

Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Little Mac, Takamaru, Bayonetta and Mega Man (and when Mega Man is shown there's a big dramatic pause before hand and a big dramatic flourish)

It sounds like some Mega Man fan is trying way too hard to describe the optimal reveal that he never got in Marvel.

Edited by Falco

Bayonetta. huh, while I still doubt that, it would make sense considering the sequel being WiiU exclusive and all that.