Awoo.

Dimps

thatguyfrom03

I never liked Dimps games because of the physics went from ok(Advance 1) to this:

Besides,the gameplay is all about speed.Speed should come as a reward,but now all you have to do is press a button.Besides that,their level design is garbage.There's virtually no platforming.

So yeah,Dimps should go away and Sega should get a better development studio for the portables.

Sonic Team Quality is up.

Dimps Quality is down.

Really. Sonic Team was on a losing streak and crashed with 2006. Dimps was on a winning streak with Advanced 1 and the various pocket adventure stuff, then kinda went blargh with 2 and 3, made something decent in Rush, fell apart in Rush Adventure, Made Sonic Unleashed Wii which was meh, and then went to Sonic 4 which was awful now Sonic 3DS Generations which looks garbage tier.

3DS Generations just reeks of the Unleashed Wii team. Barren, lifeless, stiff as a brick, and has no concept of level design.

Edited by Tiller

I never liked Dimps games because of the physics went from ok(Advance 1) to this:
  • Thumbs Up 4

Fixed. ;)

Prettied it up a bit while I was at it as well.

diiiiimmmmmppppppssssss.png

Dimps lost a ton of its luster with the recent resurgence of Sonic Team (seriously - they stepped their game up big time) but I refuse to join in on dumping on Dimps after what they have done for this franchise. The company has put out some great games in the past and while they may have hit a rough patch, we've seen that developers are capable of working through it by getting back to what they are good at.

Sonic Team is actually a good analog. It wasn't to long ago when it was popular to dump on them for being incompetent, and Dimps never went anywhere close to the depths that ST suffered through.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Team is actually a good analog. It wasn't to long ago when it was popular to dump on them for being incompetent, and Dimps never went anywhere close to the depths that ST suffered through.

They aren't really analogous. Not all of the popular punching bags that were attributed to Sonic Team were actually developed by Sonic Team. Many of them were done by Sonic Team USA.

Dimps is still Dimps.

Edited by Tornado

No. Sonic 4 is simply when people outside the fanbase started noticing things that had been being said since Advance 3 came out.
Edited by Black Spy

In my book:

Sonic Advance-Great

Sonic Advance 2-Good

Sonic Advance 3-Ok

Sonic Rush-Good

Sonic Rush Adventure-OMG ITS GOT "ADVENTURE" IN THE TITLE ITS GODLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL JK) Ok

Sonic Unleashed Wii Daytime Levels-Mediocre

Sonic 4-It's just Ok on it's its own but it's not good enough to be a classic sonic game. Painfully Mediocre

Sonic Colors DS- Great

Hay guys can I join!

Sonic Pocket Adventure: Sonic 2 with 8-BIT graphics and 8-BIT Sonic 3 music. Pretty cool game.

Sonic Advance: Platform-centric level design with Genesis Sonic physics. One of my favorites in the entire series.

Sonic Advance 2: A step down from Advance 1, but it was still okay. I do like the R button trick actions and the visuals at least.

Sonic Advance 3: Interesting team system, poor execution. The handling is also terrible. One of my least favorite 2D Sonic games.

Sonic Rush: Sonic Advance 2 done right. Pretty cool game with awesome soundtrack.

Sonic Rush Adventure: Worse visuals than Sonic Rush, but better level design. Also a pretty cool game.

Sonic Unleashed Wii: I'll stick with the 360/PS3 version, thanks.

Sonic 4 Episode 1: Shallow attempt to emulate the Genesis games. Still an okay game, but not Sonic 4 material. Far from it.

I haven't played Sonic Colors DS, but I don't plan to anytime soon. Same with Generations 3DS.

I think Dimps was doing great for a very long time. In fact, I remember the cries of joy in 2008 when they were revealed to be working on Unwiished (oh the times, they are a-changin' :rolleyes: ).

Anyhow, the Advance games were all very fun to me. Sonic Advance 1 felt like a legit sequel to Sonic 3 in nearly everyway, while Advance 2 was probably the fastest 2D platformer in existance at the time. People praised both games, but did complain about the lack of platforming in Advance 2. As a result, 3 was a happy medium between the 2, with intuitive team-based mechanics to boot. Sonic Battle was also pretty cool.

The Rush games focused on pure speed, but that was fine by me; that was the game's gimmick (it's called Sonic RUSH for crying out loud); the boost helped the game earn that name. Plus, at the time, it was a nice gimmick of the Rush games and helped give it its identity, though it's now become a mainstay. I didn't get to play Colors DS, but I also heard it made a solid Rush 3.

Sonic 4 was the one real misstep. Dimps proved they could have made a compotent Sonic 4. Hell, they made Advance 1. The problem is, for some reason, they voided themselves of all original ideas, destroyed any semblence of a physics engine that makes any sense, and slapped a $15 price tag on it for the sake of dumb fuckery. Sonic Generations 3DS is also looking and sounding like it's following in these footsteps, and while I'd like to see it succeed, unless they patch it up, then I'll have to sadly agree that the fanbase is right about them.

Oh, and their work on Sonic Unwiished was outstandingly mediocre. But it wasn't BAD, per say.. :mellow:

Edited by EXshad

They aren't really analogous. Not all of the popular punching bags that were attributed to Sonic Team were actually developed by Sonic Team. Many of them were done by Sonic Team USA.

Dimps is still Dimps.

I don't think anyone would argue that Sonic Team did enough garbage themselves even without ST USA's help.

Other than STH '06 and Black Night, Sonic Team's output hasn't been nearly as... divisive as STUSA.

I'd argue that.

Dimps made Unwiished and Colors DS.

Nothing matches how terrible these games were. Not even the fucking E.T. Atari game.

Dimps was pretty good, a long time ago. Now? They put out shit games because the shit games sell and SOMEHOW get praise. They don't even care.

Sonic Team did one truly BAD game, and it was better than the two REALLY bad games Dimps put out. That says something.

I don't have any reason to believe that Dimps can handle 3D graphics properly. At least the team working on Sonic games, that is.

The DS-styled Sonic Rush games are the best they've done, and I hope that sticks around, but the 3DS version of Sonic... gyuh... it looks like it controls fine (Modern Sonic) but they've lost a possibility for expansive level designs and alternate pathways (which the DS games actually had) because the level architecture in itself is actually 3D. The level design is MUCH less fluid, clunkier platforming and more straight lines than ever before.

At least Sonic Rush had some good variety, even in the first level, but Sonic Generations 3DS isn't looking so hot.

Dimps should either stick with sprited 2D Rush-style Sonic, get their act together and create some good 3D architecture and design for 3DS Sonic, or go home. I stand by this.

And also, they should never touch Classic Sonic gameplay again, not until they start to hearken back to their Advance 1 and Pocket Adventure days.

I really think it would have been better on the traditional DS, with Advance 1-styled Sonic and Rush-styled Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when people really liked Dimps and wanted them to replace Sonic Team and they're crying tears of joy whenever they find out that Dimps is working on a Sonic game and not Sonic Team. I like a lot of Dimps games and even Sonic 4. I think Sonic 4 is an good game on it's own but if it's trying to be a classic sequel to S3&K then it completely fails at that. So no I don't hate Dimps.

Dimps is still Dimps.

From my understanding, Sonic Team USA was mostly folded back into Sonic Team proper. In facetious man's terms, the current team is a combination of people who worked on Sonic 06 and people who worked on Shadow the Hedgehog.

I really appreciate what Dimps has done for the Sonic franchise. But it all goes back to The Dark Night

And sad to say Dimps has definitely become the Villain.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love the Rush games and liked the Advance series, so Dimps are fine on that front. However, something seems to have gone wrong after Rush Adventure, I don't know what it is. They've just lost it completely. I mean, Colours DS was fine in its own right, but looking at UnWiished, S4 and Sonic Gen 3DS...hmmm. I'm willing to give them one last chance for redemption in Episode II. They don't have to make it totally perfect in my eyes, just something that retains that classic feel and can be compared in good light to the classics. Much like Sonic Team are doing with Generations now. Honestly, despite what we've seen with Gen 3DS, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Okay. We all know that Dimps is developing GenBlue.

This happened for EVERY SINGLE Sonic game on a handheld console: none of which, were ever fully developed by Sonic Team. The problem now, is Dimps.

Dimps. They've been known for the BOOSTBOOSTBOOST formula which, for some, like me, effectively CREATED M. Sonic.

Dimps, and as an effect, Sonic Team have been known for these:

Boosting of course

Eliminating the need for spin-dashing

Loss of momentum

Laziness

But where does the problem lie at? Where did ST get the idea to outsource other developers for handhelds?

Lastly, how can these flaws can be improved?

Oh, BTW, this is such a typeful on the 3DS browser. XD Aaaaand I'm writing a letter about this to SOJ AND SW, by the way. ;D

I like every Dimps game except for Unwiished and Advance 3, but I will say this...

I thought people said momentum WAS there in Gen3D?

I like every Dimps game except for Unwiished and Advance 3, but I will say this...

I thought people said momentum WAS there in Gen3D?

So yeah, a lot of Dimps hate going on right now. At to think they were once heralded as the ones keeping the series alive. Well, they sure fucked that up.