Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Generations Impressions & Videos Thread

Agent York

I know many people arn't pleased with the remix, but am I only one that actually likes it? :blink:

As far as I can tell, most people love it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sami

• thatguyfrom03

• Agent York

• Woun

I know many people arn't pleased with the remix, but am I only one that actually likes it? :blink:

I just got back home from the Sonic Boom event, here are my impressions of Generations:

Overall I thought it was pretty awesome. They really pulled off the feel of Classic Sonic, other than a few differences it played just like the Genesis games. I wasn't paying too much attention to the physics or seeing if I could get stuck on walls or anything, but everything seemed perfectly fine to me. The only real difference I noticed is that Sonic accelerates a lot faster than in the classics, for better or worse. Playing as Modern Sonic felt just like the daytime gameplay from Sonic Unleashed HD, which was definitely a good thing to me. I can't wait for the demo to be released so I can play it some more!

As for the City Escape remix, I actually quite liked it.

• Bad Quality Post 1

People seem to be only talking about how the Classic gameplay feels (and I'm not bashing you guys, it's certainly the main interest in this game), but I'd like to see more people talking about their experience with Modern gameplay. The only thing I've seen that comments on how the gameplay is compared to Unleashed is someone saying that Sonic has near-Adventure level control at low speeds, which is certainly an improvement over his racecar controls in Unleashed.

People seem to be only talking about how the Classic gameplay feels (and I'm not bashing you guys, it's certainly the main interest in this game), but I'd like to see more people talking about their experience with Modern gameplay. The only thing I've seen that comments on how the gameplay is compared to Unleashed is someone saying that Sonic has near-Adventure level control at low speeds, which is certainly an improvement over his racecar controls in Unleashed.

Well its a more approachable Unleashed with better handling. And an awesome Spin Dash Drift that makes you feel like a boss. Not much more to it than what you've seen.

And that's practically my last concern for the game, thrown out the window. And spin dash drifting? That wins so damn hard.

I'm still a bit worried about Classic Sonic, but so far it sounds alright. I just hope both Modern and Classic Sonic handle rather tightly, at this point, but given how it's a pre-beta, I'm sure tightening up is bound to take place. Beyond that though, I'm just willing to be surprised.

Oh, and... how was the Modern City Escape mix? Everyone's talking about the Classic mix, and it was cute, but what about the Modern? I hear it's got new lyrics, or something :P

Going into Modern Sonic's gameplay a bit more, it definitely felt like an improvement over Unleashed's. I had a lot more control over Sonic when he wasn't moving insanely fast, which was really nice because in Unleashed it always seemed slippery when going as slower speeds so it made some of the platforming a bit difficult. In Generations all of the few slower portions felt perfect. Also, homing attack has been switched back to using the jump button, which made things a lot easier. Also, for grinding you don't have to use the shoulder buttons anymore, you just need to move the joystick, which I really liked.

Oh yeah, and during one of my plays with Modern Sonic the Xbox 360 completely crashed and went to some weird system menu so I had to restart the system. It was pretty amusing. XD

Going into Modern Sonic's gameplay a bit more, it definitely felt like an improvement over Unleashed's. I had a lot more control over Sonic when he wasn't moving insanely fast, which was really nice because in Unleashed it always seemed slippery when going as slower speeds so it made some of the platforming a bit difficult. In Generations all of the few slower portions felt perfect. Also, homing attack has been switched back to using the jump button, which made things a lot easier. Also, for grinding you don't have to use the shoulder buttons anymore, you just need to move the joystick, which I really liked.

Oh yeah, and during one of my plays with Modern Sonic the Xbox 360 completely crashed and went to some weird system menu so I had to restart the system. It was pretty amusing. XD

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Oh well, I'd get either the PS3 or PC versions, at least they don't get the RROD.
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh well, I'd get either the PS3 or PC versions, at least they don't get the RROD.