Awoo.

Can you trust micheal bay on TF3 not sucking?

Johnny Boy

I saw it a few days ago with a friend of mine, and I thought it was an improvement over Revenge of the Fallen. There were a lot of humorous lines throughout the film, which I thought was a plus, and the camera was a lot less shaky than it was in the previous film. Thankfully the twins weren't as annoying in this film, and I personally thought Optimus Prime was the character that stood out the most, especially the fantastic voice work done for him.

The twins aren't here, they just are for a single shot (in vehicle mode and without speaking roles). I suppose you're talking about Brains and Wheelie.

The only Michael Bay Transformers movie that I liked was the first one, despite the fact that I was never into Transformers while growing up. Transformers 2 sucked, and I have no interest in seeing Transformers 3.

Saw it today. I'm gonna be really quick and not spoil anything.

1) An entire hour of this movie could have been cut out completely without affecting the main plot.

2) DO NOT watch it in 3D. Two hours and forty minutes with 3D glasses is painful. Granted, that could just be me, but my eye balls really hurt by the two hour mark.

3) Now that Michael Bay no longer has the rights to Transformers movies, maybe somebody will make a Transformers movie where AN ACTUAL TRANSFORMER IS THE MAIN CHARACTER.

Goodnight!

Did they actually film the whole movie in 3D? A lot of alleged 3D movies are only 3D here and there. For example, pretty much all of Thor is actually 2D.

So many mixed feelings. Makes me debate on whether to go see this movie, regardless of not even having seen the first 2

I saw it last Wednesday (the day it came out) & it's exactly what you expect, just the same as the other 2 & nothing more. The new Magan Fox replacement was a completely wasted character to be honest. She wasn't interesting in any way (unless you count all the arse shots!)

The 3D (especially the opening scene) was pretty cool though. B)<- Yeah those are meant to be 3D glasses!

Did they actually film the whole movie in 3D? A lot of alleged 3D movies are only 3D here and there. For example, pretty much all of Thor is actually 2D.

Yep. It's non of that flat converted blurry bullshit. It was filmed entirely in 3D.

wow that was a terrible movie

sort of almost fun near the end but then nope.avi

So many mixed feelings. Makes me debate on whether to go see this movie, regardless of not even having seen the first 2

Well, it's ultimately your decision on whether you want to see it or not. But didn't you say one time that you hated everything about transformers after armada? Even transformers prime (which btw is an awesome show IMO)?

Bottom line, if you liked Transformers 2, you will like this movie. It's pretty much the exact same plot. Same characters. Same conflict. Same stupid slapstick. Same embarrasingly racist stereotypes. Same embarrasing mysoginy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Bottom line, if you liked Transformers 2, you will like this movie. It's pretty much the exact same plot. Same characters. Same conflict. Same stupid slapstick. Same embarrasingly racist stereotypes. Same embarrasing mysoginy.

I am the only who doesn't see that way? :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

Please don't tell me Skidz and Mudflap act the same way they did in RotF. I'm the last person to harp on misrepresentation of blacks in the media and even those two characters annoy me to no end.

They don't really appear and if they do they have NO dialogue. :)

Please don't tell me Skidz and Mudflap act the same way they did in RotF. I'm the last person to harp on misrepresentation of blacks in the media and even those two characters annoy me to no end.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

DEEP. WANG.

No, don't worry about Skids and Mudflap. This time they've got real black people to play stereotypical. They tone back the black guy type racism in this movie, but they bring it back up with asian sterotypes, gay stereotypes and misogyny. There are exactly 2 women in this movie: A bimbo and a bitch. If you're not white, manly, and in the military, you exist to be made fun of. If that wasn't enough, they dig up Desmond Llewelyn's corpse to paint clown makeup on it and then bury it again.

DEEP. WANG.

they dig up Desmond Llewelyn's corpse to paint clown makeup on it and then bury it again.

What? Stereotypes, yes. Racism, no.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 3

How intertwined those two terms are is a topic for another day. I'll leave it at that.

As for Desmond Llewelyn, he played Q in all those James Bond movies. There's an Autobot Q. There's an Autobot Q playing the most moronic disrespectful Q imaginable, and he goes out as a coward and cannon fodder. That is stone cold mean.

EDIT: I'm listening to Spoony and Brad Jones's hour and a half long deconstruction of this movie (good grief, I thought I was ranty), and towards the end they make a really good point as to what the main problem is with these movies.

Imagine a Superman (or Batman, or Indiana Jones, or Iron Man) where Superman gets the same amount of screentime as the Transformers get in these three movies. Imagine a Superman movie where the entire focus of the story is slapstick comedy with Jimmy Olsen and Perry White, with Superman only appearing sporadically for fight scenes and then going offscreen. You get Jimmy Olsen's embarrasing parents, Perry White's erectile dysfunction story arc, and the wise-cracking new black journalist. oh, and Lois Lane is a braindead blonde with half a dozen slow camera pans over her half-naked body. That's Transformers 1, 2 and 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Imagine a Superman (or Batman, or Indiana Jones, or Iron Man) where Superman gets the same amount of screentime as the Transformers get in these three movies. Imagine a Superman movie where the entire focus of the story is slapstick comedy with Jimmy Olsen and Perry White, with Superman only appearing sporadically for fight scenes and then going offscreen. You get Jimmy Olsen's embarrasing parents, Perry White's erectile dysfunction story arc, and the wise-cracking new black journalist. oh, and Lois Lane is a braindead blonde with half a dozen slow camera pans over her half-naked body. That's Transformers 1, 2 and 3.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

pretty much the truth

I don't know how people like this shit. I honestly don't. The first one was okay-ish, and the rest were like drinking piss.

it makes me sad that people are entertained by drinking piss.

Bay just makes me rage everytime he tries to make a bot black

It was so bad that I cheered when jazz died in the first and cried when Skidz and mudflap were able to live

Though I still find a way to enjoy them and fully plan on seeing the end of the trilogy sometime this week

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I've only ever watched the first one and as I keep hearing thats all I needed to see. Oh and is it true that Megatron became an insecure bitch in the movie?

and is it true that Megatron became an insecure bitch in the movie?

Somewhat but he gets a bit tougher towards the end. And I mean the VERY end. Plus he looks like a hobo. Lol

Somewhat but he gets a bit tougher towards the end. And I mean the VERY end. Plus he looks like a hobo. Lol

.... I'll await the Rifftrax version of this.