Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Click the spoiler tag for awesome Banner!

51783.jpg

Hello... I'm-a Luigi... And I'm-a dead inside...

I loved the original Luigi's Mansion! I'm wasn't something expected from the typical Mario formula, and it finally game Luigi an opportunity to do something out of his brother's shadow. Sure he couldn't jump in this and yeah it was pretty short, but it was awesome for what it did, imo!

My favorite thing about the game would have to be that -- Okay... You probably saw the first picture already. That wasn't the "awesome banner" I was talking about. The following picture is the awesome banner I wanted all to see. biggrin.gif So yeah, click on the spoiler tag because I know you see it down there! ... It's cool! Click on it! It's not like it's Weegee or anything. Click it!

saxiE.png

See? No Weegee! :V

And here's the Debut Trailer!

Also the E3 Demo footage!

Yeah, even though it started with a joke, this is definitely the Luigi's Mansion 2 topic! Anyway! :U This is definitely one of my most hyped titles on the 3DS! It's also being developed by Next Level Games who worked on the Mario Strikers series and Punch-Out!! Wii. (And I love all those games, so I have confidence in this title!)

Now, my honest opinion on the original title. Luigi's Mansion didn't really leave a deep impression on me the first time I played it. In fact, I was sort of ticked off. I wanted something that followed a little closer to the Mario platformer formula with a Luigi twist, and this didn't do it.

Funny though... After I walked away from this title for a while, and after seeing cameos of it in many of Mario's past titles, I felt the urge to play it again. I did, and loved it! And from that point it became one of my favorite titles on the Gamecube! IMO, Luigi's Mansion was proof that franchises don't have to meet certain expectations if you're willing to enjoy the title for what it is...(And if it's well designed of course, as Luigi's Mansion was.) That was the biggest kicked of dirt that made it seem uneventful for a sequel to ever be considered. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one who gave the game another chance and enjoyed it. (Also I'm glad that Miaymoto wanted this to have a sequel!)

So yeah, I'm looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2. Especially sense it's also has multiple mansions this time. biggrin.gif And like the original, it looks creepy. (Not scary, just creepy. If anything, it's more funny.) I'm also curious about the final boss. I'm expecting it to be King Boo like last time, of course. However, I wonder what he'll do this time.

Anyway, discuss! :U

Edited by My YoshiUnity is Ready
  • Thumbs Up 2

Click the spoiler tag for awesome Banner!

luigis14.jpg

Hello... I'm-a Luigi... And I'm-a dead inside...

Oh fuck you. Gets to me every time.

Anyway this was the best announcement at E3, hands down. Looking forward to it so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh fuck you. Gets to me every time.

Anyway this was the best announcement at E3, hands down. Looking forward to it so much.

Ha! Couldn't resist, dude! Couldn't resist! XD

And yeah. Definitely one of my most hyped games of E3 as well. Loving what I seen so far. :)

Edited by YoshiUnityU

Luigi's Mansion is one of my most favorite Mario games of all time, along with Sunshine and Mario World. I'm excited for this game, and I don't even have a 3DS. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Best surprise of Nintendo's conference. I loved the first and honestly thought we'd never see another. Will buy day 1. "Marrrrrriooooooo!"

• Thumbs Up 1

That was awesome news at E3. As different as the game was from most Mario titles, I thought it was a fun little game. I like the idea of Luigi traveling to different Mansions this time around.

Screw X-Play for saying the original game sucked just cause it was a game staring Luigi. No, seriously, In their Mario special, they mentioned it as one of the worst Mario games, not because of the game play, only because Luigi was the star and they wanted a Mario game as a launch title for the gamecube. Screw them.

This game was the only genuine surprise at E3. I honestly never expected to see a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, but I'm definitely glad. I haven't played the original in years, but I was thinking of picking it back up for nostalgia's sake.

A shame we gotta wait until 2012.

Looking forward to this. I loved the original Luigi's Mansion as a kid (haven't played it recently though), although it was pretty short. Still, they said that this one would have "several new mansions," so that shouldn't be much of a problem this time around.

Screw X-Play for saying the original game sucked just cause it was a game staring Luigi. No, seriously, In their Mario special, they mentioned it as one of the worst Mario games, not because of the game play, only because Luigi was the star and they wanted a Mario game as a launch title for the gamecube. Screw them.

They seriously said that? Wow, to think that I used to respect them...

LUIGI MANSION 2...

y-u-no.png

Y U NO IN WII/WII U??

I loved Luigi Mansion on the GCN. So much win. I wish I could play this game but I don't want a 3DS D:>

Edited by Doug Dimmadome
  • Thumbs Up 1

As you can probably tell from my signature this is my (tied-for-top) favourite announcement of E3. Luigi's Mansion was an excellent game that oozed personality. As with others, I never thought we'd see another one.

King Boo in this image is absolutely awesome. Makes me even more excited for his return. :D

Well as anyone who listened to my daily E3 podcast would know, I considered this the best announcement at E3. :P

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm sure people will disagree with me on this, but I found Luigi's Mansion to be one of the scariest games of the last decade. I didn't really have any expectations to be honest since it clearly wasn't a traditional Mario game, but one thing I didn't think it was going to be was scary. The ghosts seemed cute and cartoony, but the atmosphere of the game was surprisingly dark. I'm a bit skeptical as how scary it will be on a handheld console, as survival horror is generally good as a "surrounding" and large scale experience. The only time a handheld game has really scarred me would be the SA-X from Metroid Fusion.

As much as I know this is going to be an excellent game, after watching a few videos I'm kinda worried it's not going to have half as much charm as the original did. A few of the ghosts look uninspired and that flashlight beam looks like it can be annoying to use and/or overpowered. I prefer the flashlight off then on for a surprise attack thing really...

Like I said, I know Nintendo won't fail to deliver, but it's just a minor worry is all.

As much as I know this is going to be an excellent game, after watching a few videos I'm kinda worried it's not going to have half as much charm as the original did. A few of the ghosts look uninspired and that flashlight beam looks like it can be annoying to use and/or overpowered. I prefer the flashlight off then on for a surprise attack thing really...

Like I said, I know Nintendo won't fail to deliver, but it's just a minor worry is all.

If it makes you feel any better, remember this is a beta and even the original LM beta seemed kind of bland compared to what we got. I say we give it a few more months and see if Nintendo gives it a little more touch by then

Not to mention that it was only part of one Mansion in the game. It's likely each Mansion will have its own unique ghosts.

My only concern has to do with the controls. I heard something about the gyroscope being used for the flashlight, and gyroscopes don't mix well with 3D because you really need to keep it in the sweet spot. Does anyone know if there's an alternate control method?

Edited by BD3

I honestly did not expect this game to come back for a sequel, but I'm so glad that they actually decided to make one. The first one was great! Everything from the music, gameplay, and the atmosphere was so enjoyable. Who cares if it's not the usual Mario type platforming gameplay? Nintendo made it work! And I know they'll make this one work just as great, if not better!

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the new ONM. Here's their preview of Luigi's Mansion 2.

2l92yip.jpg

5k0r41.jpg

If anyone wants to archive it, it's Official Nintendo Magazine Issue 71 August 2011.

• Thumbs Up 3

Picked up the new ONM. Here's their preview of Luigi's Mansion 2.

2l92yip.jpg

5k0r41.jpg

If anyone wants to archive it, it's Official Nintendo Magazine Issue 71 August 2011.

• 2 months later...

MOAR TRAILERS!

Definitely looks much more atmospheric than the last one. I'm SO looking forward to this!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Niiiice.

We could use the second pad to control the vacuum hose, or the flashlight or whatever it is that crazy miyamoto is gonna do.

So is the attachment also green in that picture? It's a little small for me to tell. I'd rather not plop my blue unit into a black control accessory (don't mind the charger cradle being black, since you can't see it from above, but the lopsided rim would distract me), but if they're matching the available colors it'd be nice.