Awoo.

Look what franchise Hollywood is gonna screw up next

Johnny Boy

Do you have an opinion of your own, or are you just going to quote me an author who's best work was a rip off of The Lord of the Rings trilogy? :rolleyes:

EDIT: This has been fun but I'm off to bed. SSMB members you may slag me off while I sleep.

• Thumbs Up 2

How very funny. How you people function in society is beyond me :lol:

I stand buy what I said. I doubt any well adjusted person or the majority of society would view an adult who still watched Thomas the Tank Engine as normal unless they live in a basement. Now watching something from you child hood (READ: not new episodes) for nostalgic purposes is ok as long as it’s not done regularly. For instance I once watched an episode of Power Rangers Zeo on YouTube, but I don’t still follow or care about the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

It shows how little I or I imagine most people are paying attention when in viewing this thread I learnt that the franchise still exists and has a dedicated adult fanbase.

And I would have ignored the thread were it not for the dramafest. Pass the popcorn.

Oh and of course the correct answer to this thread's drama is... *drumroll*:

I doubt any well adjusted person or the majority of society would view [insert obscure not mainstream interest here] as normal
  • Thumbs Up 4

I know, that wasn’t direct at you. You’re the only other person that seems to be talking sense.

Society decides, not me. If it was up to the individual to decide what was acceptable then we’d have bestiality and other weird shit, because of course the people who are into that stuff are going to deem it acceptable.

Anyway can we all just calm the fuck down and stop over reacting, maybe get a sense of humor, realize when someone’s being lighthearted without relaying on emoticons to covey this.

It's like there's an echo in here.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 1

So, I'm not normal then I guess.

Tell me, what is different from me following a series from my youth from gamers still playing Sonic games 20 years after they first did it as kids?

Edited by Major Ziggy

Well now that the arguing is over let's get back on topic shall we?

Shane Acker, director of the 2009 animated film '9', has joined forces with rights-owner Hit Entertainment to bring the second feature-length live-action adaptation of the classic UK series 'Thomas the Tank Engine' to theaters

Who really gives at shit about this? I haven’t watched this show since I was 4 years old, and anybody over the age of 10 who still has a vested interest in Thomas the Tank Engine should really see a psychiatrist.

I’m more concerned that someone named his or her kid Vector.

"You have reached your quota of Negative votes for today"

I haven't, thank god.

Who really gives at shit about this? I haven’t watched this show since I was 4 years old, and anybody over the age of 10 who still has a vested interest in Thomas the Tank Engine should really see a psychiatrist.

Says the dude posting on a Sonic message board.

Society decides, not me.

Con-fucking-gratulations for society. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but about about three topics down from this one in the forum index there is a thread about My Little Pony with nearly 800 replies in it. And it is the smallest MLP thread I've ever seen on a forum that has one.

Perhaps people posting on a message board for a video game series for the most part targeted to children don't give a shit about age-appropriateness, which may have something to do with the incredible negative reaction you keep getting when you act like people who don't agree with your narrow-minded viewpoints suffer from mental imbalances.

If it was up to the individual to decide what was acceptable then we’d have bestiality and other weird shit, because of course the people who are into that stuff are going to deem it acceptable.

Its happened. Someone has compared watching children's shows to bestiality. I can now die knowing I've seen everything.

You do realize that, at least pre-CGI, Thomas the Tank Engine was a very popular show among railfans, correct? What with, you know, all of the damn trains in the show. And that railfans tend to be middle-aged, James May-style men?

Anyway can we all just calm the fuck down and stop over reacting, maybe get a sense of humor, realize when someone’s being lighthearted without relaying on emoticons to covey this.

anybody over the age of 10 who still has a vested interest in Thomas the Tank Engine should really see a psychiatrist.

I doubt any well adjusted person or the majority of society would view an adult who still watched Thomas the Tank Engine as normal unless they live in a basement.

Yes. I can totally feel the "lighthearted" in these posts.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Psychobob's Ghost, honestly. Your contribution to this topic has by far been one of the most immature acts I've seen on this board lately. You have absolutely no right to reprimand people for their interests, and your holier-than-thou attitude is frightfully sickening. If I see you do this one more time, you will promptly receive a strike.

And everyone else, stop responding to him and get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 7

I did once upon a time like Thomas and The Magic Railroad, now I look back on it and think it wasn't as good as I thought it was, but it was still nice to see those original models and facial expressions from the TV series. Almost pleased when Diesel 10 and Lady came back for the feature-length episode Calling All Engines. Some of the songs were kinda cringworthy, speaking of which the only song from that era I like or love was Thomas, You're The Leader, aka The Thomas Rap, a great send-off for the model era.

I would like to assume that if this new film is live-action, they'd bring the models out of storage for this one instead of using CGI. Then I'll have a vague interest in watching this.

Aww, Thomas... I have such fond memories. My younger brother was absolutely obsessed with the show when he was little. The first book he learned to 'read' (or rather, memorise) was a Thomas book, he had all the metal trains including the obscure one, he had Thomas pyjamas, and even his own conductor's cap. He was just the cutest thing ever and I'll always cherish those memories, and Thomas because of that.

I'd heard there was a CGI version now, but I can't bring myself to look it up, and I feel the same way about this movie. I have no idea if it'll be terrible or not, but my nostalgia glasses won't even allow me to entertain the idea that it could be as awesome as the old stop animation series narrated by Ringo Starr. so many hours spent watching that show and reading the books with my brother... I still remember how he used to say the insult "galloping sausage" (which was hilarious enough by itself) as "gappolling sausage". His favourite episode was "Thomas Comes to Breakfast".

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that there's new Thomas stuff now. I mean, it's great that the franchise is enduring, but... but... ;_;