Awoo.

Classic Metal Sonic?

Blue Wisp

So... Metal Sonic has green eyes and longer spines? I don't see it.

Edited by Blue Blood

Metal Sonic had the same fundamental changes to his eyes to make him look evil that Sonic had to make him look cool. And Modern Metal does have longer spines.

Metal Sonic's eyes didn't change either. Maybe the brow, but not the color. His spines may be longer, but not to the same proportions that Sonic's have. His torso is really the only noticeable change at first glance.

The rest you have to study for several minutes.

Those aren't major changes.

Edited by Blue Blood

Here's what I have to say:

If it took me longer than 5 minutes to figure out what's different, then it's not major.

If it takes me less than 1 minute, then it's major.

I wonder if this is how people outside of the fanbase felt when they saw 2 Sonic's show up in a teaser trailer. XD

If it took me longer than 5 minutes to figure out what's different, then it's not major.

I wonder if this is how people outside of the fanbase felt when they saw 2 Sonic's show up in a teaser trailer. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

1228226_o.gif

Frankly. I'm getting tired of this.

Let someone make a poll.

"Can you see the differences between these two Metal Sonic pictures?"

-Yes

-No

If at the end Yes has more votes, then it does have a Classic mode.

If at the end No has more votes, they are the exact fucking thing.

K?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No, because frankly there are two distinct designs. Metal Sonic specifically has a character sheet for his classic design, and changes, however big or small, are present in art of his modern self. I just don't know how to make it any clearer that there are two designs. His design just changed at a much later date than everyone elses (when he returned to being a main character).

Edited by Blue Blood

Edited by Facehugger
  • Thumbs Up 5

How did it remotely take you that long? I remember when the Sonic Channel art first came out a couple of years ago. I spotted all the changes near instantly. I guess I have an eye for detail? It all seemed pretty blatant to me.

Not to sound rude or anything, but...

Why give a fuck?

It's fucking Metal Sonic, the epic mechanical counterpart of the 15 to 16 year-old anthropomorphic hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog.

They both kick ass.

They're both... Metal.

That's it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Why give a fuck? It's fucking Metal Sonic, the epic mechanical counterpart of the 15 to 16 year-old anthropomorphic hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog. They both kick ass. They're both... Metal.

That's it.

Could say the exact same thing about Sonic. It's a discussion, on a message board dedicated to the series.

To everyone else, does this make it clearer? Cause really, it absolutely should unless you want to play the stubborn game.

CtoMMetal2.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Could say the exact same thing about Sonic. It's a discussion, on a message board dedicated to the series.

And that is true. But does that really change the character as we know it? Only eye color changes, and other things as well, such as getting thinner. SEGA never planned on changing Sonic for Plot. They changed him for a new, fresher, and more modern design, so that in Sonic Adventure for the SEGA Dreamcast, fans and non-fans would feel convinced that Sonic indeed looks bad-ass in 3D graphics. In other words, for marketing. I don't get why it's so important, I mean, Metal Sonic's Classic and Modern counterparts are still Metal Sonic. It's still the same character. And the same thing goes for Sonic.

And that is true. But does that really change the character as we know it? Only eye color changes, and other things as well, such as getting thinner. SEGA never planned on changing Sonic for Plot. They changed him for a new, fresher, and more modern design, so that in Sonic Adventure for the SEGA Dreamcast, fans and non-fans would feel convinced that Sonic indeed looks bad-ass in 3D graphics. In other words, for marketing. I don't get why it's so important, I mean, Metal Sonic's Classic and Modern counterparts are still Metal Sonic. It's still the same character. And the same thing goes for Sonic.

And it's something people like to talk about because the changes in designs of a character in a series that they like is interesting. It's not important. Nobody said it was important. We know why the design changes happened, and now we're just discussing them. There's nothing more to it than at.

And it's something people like to talk about because the changes in designs of a character in a series that they like is interesting. It's not important. Nobody said it was important. We know why the design changes happened, and now we're just discussing them. There's nothing more to it than at.

Well, if you put it that way, then it's okay.

I just find it irritating when some people just compare it out of so much seriousness, it gets out of hand, and they pull out the Canon Card to screw it over even more.

And yes, it is interesting. In fact, it's quite fun pointing out the differences and similarities, but I saw in my own eyes and thought this went way out of hand and would end up as the former. But I guess not. Sorry about the mixup. :lol:

Edited by Tatsumaki

Even if the discussion does get a little serious, nobody's going around trying to start a flame war or what have you. This is fine and dandy.

EDIT: Just adding the pic to this post, cause it's more on topic and might get missed being near the bottom on the previous page.

CtoMMetal2.png

Edited by Blue Blood

Why give a fuck?

It's fucking Metal Sonic, the epic mechanical counterpart of the 15 to 16 year-old anthropomorphic hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog.

They both kick ass.

They're both... Metal.

That's it.

For me, I spend excessive amounts of time drawing, modeling, and making sprites of these guys. On top of that, I tend to be a perfectionist. Therefore, I tend to study the existing designs a lot so that I can make my stuff as accurate as possible. I like to talk about the things I notice as well. Granted, art buffs myself are a minority, but they're still there. Just my moment of geekiness that I'm sure the rest of us have in other categories.

Though on a random tangent, people sure do like to brush off a lot of things a "minor". Makes me wonder what qualifies as "major" in their eyes.

For me, I spend excessive amounts of time drawing, modeling, and making sprites of these guys. On top of that, I tend to be a perfectionist. Therefore, I tend to study the existing designs a lot so that I can make my stuff as accurate as possible. I like to talk about the things I notice as well. Granted, art buffs myself are a minority, but they're still there. Just my moment of geekiness that I'm sure the rest of us have in other categories.

Though on a random tangent, people sure do like to brush off a lot of things a "minor". Makes me wonder what qualifies as "major" in their eyes.

Well, as I explained to Blue Blood, I thought this was going to end up out of hand. Like how different models and styles for one character of a video game series affects canon. (Which happens excessively in SEGA Forums. But why should that happen here? It's Sonic Stadium.)

My bad. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Frankly. I'm getting tired of this.

Let someone make a poll.

"Can you see the differences between these two Metal Sonic pictures?"

-Yes

-No

If at the end Yes has more votes, then it does have a Classic mode.

K?

EDIT: Just adding the pic to this post, cause it's more on topic and might get missed being near the bottom on the previous page.

CtoMMetal2.png

When Metal Sonic gets a larger form and green eyes and various changes that you can actually notice at first glance, then we can talk.

Edited by Blue Blood

descarga.png

Lol kidding.

Sheesh. Let's put it simple. You think they are major redetails. I think they are minor.

Spoiler for size:

Sonics.PNG

THAT'S a major details

CtoMMetal2.png

THIS is minor details.

savvy?

Edited by Doug Dimmadome

Major, minor, it's true different designs.

Hence the CLASSIC and MODERN Sonic.

Because they are the same guy, with recognizable traits but with different looks because it was "updated".

But the Metal Sonic proof you showed are the exact same thing with minor details that aren't enough to be truly called "Classic" and "Modern"

Minor details yet again.

When Metal Sonic gets a larger form and green eyes and various changes that you can actually notice at first glance, then we can talk.

BTW Goku I said that as a joke xD

Hey, you asked, i awnsered, and now its there. :)