Awoo.

Classic Metal Sonic?

Blue Wisp

Last post for now cause I really need to get to bed, but a look at proportions.

MCSONICMETALCOMP.png

Sorry for the less than stellar selection of art, it's difficult to find any forward facing art with the feet flat. I wish I had the models... But M.Metal has the same proportions as M.Sonic, and the same is true of the classic versions. And this is art taken directly from a leaked CD containing Sonic art assets. It's official and refers to him as Classic Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

yao-ming-meme.jpg

You think what you want. But let's wait for the REAL veredict: Sonic Generations.

It's like yelled that Metal Sonic will be in the game. So we have to wait for a "Classic" version.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just want to chime in here. To break down the differences between what people see as minor/major changes we have to look at what was changed and why.

With Metal Sonic the major change to his modern design, aside from the elongation that everyone got, is the increase in bolts, joints and levels of articulation. The reason some of us see this as a minor change is because it was necessary due the graphical power available in current games. Even if the characters never got a redesign in SA1 and retained the classic design today MS would probably still have same increase in mechanical detail that the modern design does. Characters like Amy and Eggman stick out more because their redesigns weren't as necessary as Metal's.

tl;dr - Most of Metal's changes are "minor" because they're necessary to make him pretty in 1080p unlike everyone else.

But the Metal Sonic proof you showed are the exact same thing with minor details that aren't enough to be truly called "Classic" and "Modern"

Sonic Team of Japan themselves see it as enough to be Classic vs Modern and refer to them as such. You really don't have an argument here :/

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

*cough*

Metal_Sonic_16.png263965_10150250721197418_23050342417_7294581_6185101_n.jpg

Minor details?

Eat your words, men.

So cute! He looks like a little robot midget!

Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 1

My words don't taste very good.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

.....Ms Blue Blood.

spongebob-popcorn.gif

(SURE THEY'RE ARMS BUT THINK OF THEM AS WORDS)

But on topic. So then I guess we'll be facing both Metal Sonic's in the boss huh?

• Thumbs Up 1

C. Metal Sonic has slightly different body proportions and a larger head comparison than modern (but just by a little)...I'm so excited seeing his design for Generations...makes me feel like they really want to give him a big role in the game. Hopefully he's not taken too seriously but still a deadly boss.

I hope there's a pre-battle cutscene of M. Sonic taunting C. Metal on how cute he is.......only to be knocked on his ass by him.

Classic Metal looks great. The only noticeable thing that I think they changed on him was the addition of the finger joints, but hey, I ain't gonna complain, especially considering the spiked fingers never made much sense anyway.

Alright, Metal Sonic seems to have a bigger head and modified feets.

Enough for you?

Say yes, I'm running out of excuses.

• Thumbs Up 3

Alright, Metal Sonic seems to have a bigger head and modified feets.

Enough for you?

Say yes, I'm running out of excuses.

That's enough, I suppose :P I never get the chance to gloat, and I know how much I hate it when people get to gloat at my expense, but yeah. Highlight of my life! This topic has been proper fun.

Gee, what dull life I must live...

Edited by Ms Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT sheesh.

They are different, I was wrong. End of story, WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME SUFFER D:

• Thumbs Up 3

Just a teeny nitpick, but wasnt't Classic Metal Sonic a darker color in the original games? Otherwise he's adroably badass.

Edited by Classic LimeTH

Just a teeny nitpick, but wasnt't Classic Metal Sonic a darker color in the original games? Otherwise he's adroably badass.

Classic Sonic also used different colours. He's very light blue in Generations compared to everything else except S1.

So where is this pic coming from? i just see it being posted allot without a source.

SEGA's Twitter and Facebook accounts. It's also on their Tumblr.