Awoo.

Best Villian Defeat/Death

Johnny Boy

Title says all. Name your favorite defeat or death of a fictional villain.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Voldemort's demise in Deathly Hallows. He reaped the consequences of partaking in the most evil and unnatural of all magic (Horcrux creation) and it was well deserved for other reasons including mass murder. I mean, trapped in limbo as a helpless...thing, unable to move on or even return to the physical plane as a ghost because of how maimed his soul was. Yeah, I'd say that's good payback for the atrocities he committed not only against others but against common decency and profound natural laws.

Nagini's death was also satisfying. Especially when you know that Voldemort's reaction was partly composed of his realization that he was now mortal upon her death. Take that snake! What made it even better was the fact that it was Neville who pulled it off and in an incredibly awesome fashion to boot.

Harry Potter again, Bellatrix's death was awesome. Just goes to show that no one should mess with Molly Weasley, especially when her loved ones are endangered. Bellatrix was an extremely accomplished and powerful duellist and yet she was taken down by a housewife all because she underestimated Molly and Molly was enpowered by love and concern. Seeing that horrible woman getting taken down was immensely satisfying. "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" indeed.

Delving away from Harry Potter, who else found it amazing how Amy took down Zero in Sonic Adventure? After 3 stages of being continually chased with no real way of getting rid of Zero, Amy beats the ever loving crap out of that bot when it injures Birdy/Lily, showing her motherly/protective instincts in avenging/defending a creature much weaker than her.

Well, Mine's from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Gonna put this in spoilers juuuuuust in case.

The freaking Anti-Spiral, and also Spiral King. xD Just can't go wrong with GIGA DRILL BREAK and God Tier music blasting away making those scenes the best things ever. <3 TTGL is still my favorite anime ever.

• Thumbs Up 3

My favorites:

Bill(For Colored Girls): Got stabbed to death when trying to rape another woman

Hopper(A Bugs Life): Eaten alive by baby birds

The Fallen(Transformers 2): Got stabbed in the head by his own spear, then he got his face ripped off by Optimus Prime and then got punched throughout the chest and had his spark ripped out. One of the only enjoyable parts of TF2.

Doctor Facilier(Princess and the Frog): Dragged to hell by an army of vodoo demons

Ozai(Avatar the Last airbender): got his ability to firebend taken away

William Stryker(New X-Men): Got sliced in half by Warren.

My all time favourite villain death is Profion from the Dungeons and Dragons movie. GOD that movie was bad, but Profion is one of my favourite movie villains of all time. He's so hammy and cheesy and crazily over the top and come on it's Jeremy Irons XD Be prepaaared! Ahem. Anyway, Profion gets eaten by a dragon. It's probably the most predictable end for him after spending the entire movie trying to gain the power to control dragons, but it's entirely fitting and just as cheesy as the rest of his crazy performance. I love it XD;;

Speaking of Disney, yeah, a lot of it's villains got pretty gruesome deaths;

Percival McLeach (Rescuers Down Under) - Fell over a waterfall. Comeuppance for kidnapping a little boy, nearly killing said little boy by making him plunge into crocodile-infested waters and he was implied to have killed/poached Marahute's mate :(

Clayton (Tarzan) - Hung on vines after hacking away blindly at the ones binding him. He killed Kerchak :angry:

Shan Yu (Mulan) - Went explodey courtesy of fireworks. What I found especially horrible about Shan Yu was 1. "How many men does it take to deliver a message?" "One" *Archer kills one of the Chinese spies* and 2. The way he and his men completely annihilated not only one of the mountain villages including children but also most of the Imperial Army, including Shang's General father.

Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) - A great end to what is undoubtedly Disney's most evil and no-nonsense villain. Stabbed through the heart in dragon form by an enchanted sword then falls off a cliff.

Edited by Verte

Crowley in Alone in the Dark 2008, killing him by proving he was simply human with a perfect shot to his brain.

Uhh...

Mortal Kombat 2 - Shao Kahn, turning into stone and breaking up (L)

Eh... Oh, Shepherd on Modern Warfare 2 - Killed by a downed Soap MacTavish by a knife stabbed on his left eye.

Ghetis(Pokemon Black and White): Good lord this guy was a monster. He made his son grow up his entire life around Pokemon with little to no human interaction. Then he made his son believe that Pokemon and humans should be separated. But at the end he reveals to N that he was just using him all these years so he could rule the world. Giovanni was bad for walking out on his sons life but Ghetis went as far as to mentally fuck his son up for his own agenda. It felt so refreshing when I owned that guy in a Pokemon battle.

Ganondorf(Twilight Princess): He dies standing up. Enough said.

Dracovich(Call of Duty Black Ops): Gets strangled to death underwater by Mason

Syndrome(Incredibles): Gets sucked into a plane engine and chopped into a million Pieces and blown up in the process. Anyone realize Pixar hasn't killed off a villain lately?

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to be the unpopular geek and say Darth Vader, from Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

Okay, so perhaps he isn't truly a villain at the time of his death. So while I do count his physical passing (on the ramp of an Imperial Shuttle, in the arms of his son, unmasked) as one of the most emotional death sequences in all of cinema, the actual "death" of Vader comes when he throws himself towards the Emperor, lifts him away from murdering Luke and basically ends the Galactic Empire. Here's somebody who has been a pop culture icon of evil, regularly voted as cinema's greatest villain, throwing it all away in a massive redemption. Doesn't get much more epic than that.

But that probably misses the point of the topic, so I'll list a few more. :D

- Gary Oldman in Air Force One, if only for "Get off my plane!"

- Everybody who looked into the Ark and subsequently melted in Raiders of the Lost Ark

- So many from various James Bond films, including the inflatable Kananga, the guy covered in piss from Never Say Never Again, and Christopher Walken

- The guy who Jack Bauer bit in the neck, from Day Six of Twenty-Four

- Zabuza and Haku from the first proper arc in Naruto

Syndrome(Incredibles): Gets sucked into a plane engine and chopped into a million Pieces and blown up in the process. Anyone realize Pixar hasn't killed off a villain lately?

They killed off Charles Muntz in Up. I think it's strongly implied by falling a couple thousand feet.

They killed off Charles Muntz in Up. I think it's strongly implied by falling a couple thousand feet.

Yeah but still, they really haven't killed a lot of their villains, they REALLY should've killed Lotso from Toy story 3.

Either way here are a coulple of more:

Scar(Lion King): Eaten Alive by his Hyena Henchman

Sykes(Oliver and Company): Run over by a train

Russ CargillSimpsons Movie): gets a huge rock thrown on his head by Maggie. There's a possibility he could've died from that.

Russ Cargill (Simpsons Movie): gets a huge rock thrown on his head by Maggie. There's a possibility he could've died from that.

"So... we meet at last, whoever you are."

Frieza, the dude was a massive racist and constantly belittled the saiyans, he blew up their planet just because of his own fear of them and then LAUGHED at it, he slaughtered children just further his own plans, and if not that he makes them into his ever obedient slaves, enjoys the torture he inflicts on people,needless to say Goku kicking his ass as a Super Saiyan was so damn satisfying to see.

Edited by Shadic93

And I also

really liked Shaw's death

in X-men First Class

(it's fresh in my mind, just like the coin was in his! lololol). Seriously though, an excellent case of ice cold revenge.

That was a really nicely done death actually. Even though I couldn't look at the screen because that was just disgusting.

I'm surprised no one's said anything about Ganondorf's death in Wind Waker. It was an awesome attack on Link's part and a pretty horrid way to go, which I loved because he absolutely deserved it.

The deaths of the homonculi in Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga and Brotherhood to be specific) were fantastic too. They all seemed to match the sin they represented in a way,

e.g. Lust is burned, Gluttony is eaten, Green dies fighting for others, Wrath dies peacefully and happily.

Darla Dimple(Cats Don't Dance): This one was just hilarious. During the ending song "Nothings gonna stop us" she constantly tries to screw up the animals performance but her efforts always end up making them look better. And at the end of the movie she ends up accidentally revealing that she was the one who flooded the stage, and she ends up loosing her career in the process.

Edited by Johnny Boy

That was a really nicely done death actually. Even though I couldn't look at the screen because that was just disgusting.

I'm surprised no one's said anything about Ganondorf's death in Wind Waker. It was an awesome attack on Link's part and a pretty horrid way to go, which I loved because he absolutely deserved it.

The deaths of the homonculi in Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga and Brotherhood to be specific) were fantastic too. They all seemed to match the sin they represented in a way,

e.g. Lust is burned, Gluttony is eaten, Green dies fighting for others, Wrath dies peacefully and happily.

Hmm let's see:

Pride doesn't die in a literal sense, but his memory is wiped and became what he held so much contept for; a Human. Envy commits suicide out of jelousy, Sloth dies because he had to work.

Holy shit you're right, I didn't even notice that.

Here's a couple for me.

Erazor Djinn from SatSR: Got sealed up in his own lamp and then got thrown into the lava pit in Evil Foundary. He blackmailed Sonic to get the Seven World Rings, manipulated Sharah's lingering feelings for him to his advantage, and showed no regret by killing Sharah when his target was Sonic.

Mother Gothel from Tangled: Fell from the tower as she turned to dust after many years of using the youth-granting flower. She kidnapped Rapunzel out of selfishness and desire for everlasting youth. She hides her evil by making herself look like an overprotective and caring mother and takes every opportunity to belittle Rapunzel/make Rapunzel feel like she's in the wrong and Gothel in the right, as a means to control her. Though it's debatable that she devoloped genuine feelings for Rapunzel over the years she's kept her, her selfish and vain nature still vastly outweighed any real maternal instincts by the end.

Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame: Fell into the fiery liquid (Can't remember exactly what it was.) Like Gothel, Frollo belittled Quasimodo but made it seem like he was being a nice guardian to him. His pregudice aganist Gypsies led to burn their homes and seized any others only to kill them. He even tried to burn down the whole city in order to find Esmeralda who he had developed a sexual lust for. And do I need to mention 'Hellfire?'

The Queen from Snow White: Fell off a cliff after it was struck by lightning and got crushed by the very boulder she treid to move so it would crush the Dwarves. This bitch tried to kill off her own stepdaughter by hiring a huntsmen and using her expertise with magic not because Snow White was next for the throne, but instead simply because she was considered more beautiful than her!

Edited by DragonSoul

Claude Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame) - Let's review the facts.

1) Killed Quasimodo's mom and would have killed Quasi too if the Archdeacon hand't put the fear of God into him (Literally, that is the only thing that Frollo fears.)

2) Got a creepy lust for Esmerelda, even though he originally wanted to have her burned at the stake.

3) Wanted to commit GENOCIDE of the gypsies.

4) Burned a family IN THEIR HOUSE.

5) Sentences Esmerelda to be burned at the stake and offers her a choice of him or being burned, which she denies.

All of this completely justifies him having what is probably the nastiest death ever protrayed in a Disney film - Falling into a sea of lava.

8492nd Squadron (Ashley Bernitz and Allen C. Hamilton, mostly) (Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War)- He used to fly for Belka, along with Wolfgang Buchner, whom you know as 'Pops', who tried to defect and was shot down. After the Belkan War, he joined the Oseans to strengthen Osean/Belkan relations. He and his squadron, the 8492, were never officially part of the Osean military, even though they were supposed to help Osea. Instead, he supports Belka by:

1) Capturing the President of Osea and locking him away in a castle in Belka that is surrounded by NUCLEAR CRATERS.

2) Insighting hatred between the warring nations of Osea and Yuktobania to weaken them.

3) Ashley ordered his squadron to shoot at a Yuktobanian engineering college, AND THEN GOT YOUR SQUADRON BLAMED FOR IT.

4) During a Yuktobanian suprise attack over November City (Where you were making a peaceful flyby), they told all incoming Osean planes it was a drill, which resulted in the death of one of your squadmates.

5) After the capture of Cruik Fortress in Yuktobania (Which you helped in) Ashley shows up in a mountain range and tries to shoot down your entire squadron with outrageous numbers of advanced fighters.

6) Hamilton reveals himself to be an 8492 member when he labels your squadron as spies and orders the 8492 to shoot you down. And all you have are unarmed trainers, and they have F-15S/MTDs.

7) Started transporting Belkan nukes to Yuktobania.

8) Had the Arkbird, a giant flying fortress usually in low orbit captured, and sent it to use nuclear missiles and its LASER destroy multiple cities in Yuktobania then blame it on the Oseans. After you damage it enough, the pilots turn south so that they can blow it up over Osea.

9) Capture and activate the SOLG, which is a satellite in space that shoots nukes out of a railgun.

10) After the SOLG's controls are destroyed (And Hamilton killed), they try and stop you from destroying the SOLG, which is still loaded with nukes and on a collision course WITH OSEA'S CAPITAL. Which, might I add, has a population of more than 26 million by this point.

Yeah, I got a lot of satisfaction out of blowing these guys up. Or, if you ignore them and decide to just focus on the SOLG, the 8492 goes crazy and they start shooting at each other.

Bayonetta's Final Boss deserves a Mention (Skip to 5:52)

Easily one of the Greatest Moments in 'Punching someone through the Solar System' in History of Videogames ever

of Another Note would be the Final Boss of Bowser's Inside Story, wich is easily one of the Greatest 'Punching your Evil(er) Counterpart in the Face while your Arch Nemesies and His Brother are inside your Body Helping you' moments in History of Videogames ever

Lasty, there is the Death of The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, who you Face in a One on One Duel, in a Time Limit of 10 Minutes (or else Both of you are Bombed to Nirvana), No Music at all until the Last 5 Minutes wich are accompanied by Snake Eater, the Main Theme of the game itself. and in the End you are the Victor, and you get to pull the Trigger that Kills her, The Person who taught your Character how to be a Badass and who was always Like a Mother to Him.

manly_tears.avi.tiff.exe

Spinosaurus(Jurassic Park 3): Killed by the T Rex

American Godzilla(Godzilla Final Wars): Gets pwnd by the original Godzillas Atomic breath

Ursula(little mermaid): Got stabbed by the front of a boat and struck by lightning at the same time.

Edited by Johnny Boy