Awoo.

Best Villian Defeat/Death

Johnny Boy

Axl, you did a much better job than me with summarizing Frollo's villainy. I really haven't seen the movie in quite some time. Just thought I point it out. :)

I got a couple more.

Judge Doom from Who Framed Rodger Rabbit: Got killed by his own creation, the Dip. This guy killed Valiant's brother while they tried to bring him to justice, leaving Valiant having a deep hatred towards Toons. He then kills Acme and Maroon so he could futher his plans to turn Toontown into a freeway after using a Toon-killing acid called Dip to murder everything in Toontown. The biggest part about the guy is that he himself is a toon, (and a fucking crazy one at that.) The high-pitched voice, sawblades for hands, and freaky, bulging red eyes, I was always slightly afraid of this guy. :o

Gaston from Beauty and the Beast: Fell to his death after stabbing the Beast. When you first see Gaston, you don't really suspect that he'll be the bad guy since he didn't really look anything like Disney's previous villains. He's handsome, strong and confident in himself. However, he's supremely arrogant, rude and narssistic. Even though she's considered weird to the rest of the town, Gaston wanted to marry Belle because she's still considered the most beautiful girl in town and marrying her would make himself look good, not because he wants to get to know her. He becomes so driven to marry Belle that he blackmails her by threatning to send her father to an asylum. But by the climax, when he discovers Belle has feelings for the Beast, he becomes driven to kill the Beast and rallies the town to his side by lying to them that the Beast will take their children and eat them. This slight change of character has actually made him more of a beast metaphoricllay than the physical Beast himself.

Edited by DragonSoul

Erazor Djinn from SatSR: Got sealed up in his own lamp and then got thrown into the lava pit in Evil Foundary. He blackmailed Sonic to get the Seven World Rings, manipulated Sharah's lingering feelings for him to his advantage, and showed no regret by killing Sharah when his target was Sonic.
Edited by Verte

Pokemon Hunter J (Pokemon Anime): Sumbarine blows up underwater and she drowns along with her crew.

Adolf Hitler (Inglorious Basterds): The person isn't fictional but his death in this movie sure is. And let me tell you, it's every holocaust survivors dream. In this movie Hitler gets trapped in a room and gets gunned down. It would've been freaking awesome if this happened in real life but Hitler had to take the cunt's way out and commit suicide. Lame.

Joe Chill (Batman The Brave and The Bold): Oh yes. The guy that killed batmans parents. The way this guy dies will put a huge grin on your face. In the episode he teams up with Batmans greatest foes to try and bring him down. But at the end of the episode Batman finally confronts Chill and reveals himself and the son of the people he killed all those years ago. Chill tries to fight back but batman defeats him easily and is about to kill him but at the last minute he decides not to. Now Before you say, "wtf?", let me tell you that it gets better. When chill tells the villains to help him out, they turn on him because he's the very reason why Batman ruins their plans in the first place. After a long hard battle in the building their fighting in, the villains flee and the roof of the building falls on Joe Chill and crushes him to death. That just goes to show that no matter how long it takes, Karma will always catch up to you.

Disney's villains have died rather gruesomely, if I must say.

1. Tarzan: Clayton falls and gets hanged.

2. B&tB: Gaston loses his balance on the balcony and falls to the ravine below.

3. Hunchback: Frollo falling into the fiery pit. Anyone who watched out saw a resemblance of Hell when seeing that liquid metal? :lol:

4. Snow White: The cliff gets struck by lightning, and the queen falls to her death with the boulder landing on top of her.

-

A little bonus:

Star Wars: Darth Vader leaving the Dark Side of the force by throwing Emperor Palpatine into the electric pit below.

• Thumbs Up 1

2. B&tB: Gaston loses his balance on the balcony and falls to the ravine below.

The original scrapped concept was apparently that he realised that Belle wouldn't have him so he committed suicide and jumped down. Then they rewrote it and his character.

Judge Doom from Who Framed Rodger Rabbit: Got killed by his own creation, the Dip. This guy killed Valiant's brother while they tried to bring him to justice, leaving Valiant having a deep hatred towards Toons. He then kills Acme and Maroon so he could futher his plans to turn Toontown into a freeway after using a Toon-killing acid called Dip to murder everything in Toontown. The biggest part about the guy is that he himself is a toon, (and a fucking crazy one at that.) The high-pitched voice, sawblades for hands, and freaky, bulging red eyes, I was always slightly afraid of this guy. :o

THIS. This is my favourite movie of all-time and Judge Doom still scares the crap out of me when he turns into the Toon version of himself. The scream as he dies is just horrifically brilliant.

Another awesome villain defeat was that of Queen Zeal in Chrono Trigger. I believe that after the party defeated her on the Black Omen, she was absorbed by Lavos or simply disintergrated, cackling the entire time.

I always thought you ended up killing her, and she summons Lavos with her last breath.

Speaking of that, Lavos itself. Especially if you crash the Epoch into him. He's this undeniably evil creature, ends the world twice, and then uses the energy to create his offspring. You have a three-part fight that is essentially just a curb stomp battle if you're anywhere over Lv 40 (which you more than likely will be.) He stands no chance. Not only that, but you fight him within his own shell, and then within the stream of time itself. He dosen't have a special death, he doesn't die through some horrible means, you kill him by beating him with a sword until he dies. Very fuck yes moment.

Also, weird one, but (inglorious bastards)

Hitler from Inglorious Bastards. Shot, repeatedly, with an automatic. Then his corpse is repeatedly shot again, then blown up.

The original scrapped concept was apparently that he realised that Belle wouldn't have him so he committed suicide and jumped down. Then they rewrote it and his character.

Really? Thank God they rewrote him, then.

BTW, speaking of defeats (not a death here):

1. Sid getting scared witless at the sight of his mutant, abused toys cornering him. Woody's line at the end was fantastic.

So play niccccce.

*Sid screams and runs back inside like he had to go to the bathroom and failed to make it*

• Thumbs Up 1

I always thought you ended up killing her, and she summons Lavos with her last breath.

Speaking of that, Lavos itself. Especially if you crash the Epoch into him. He's this undeniably evil creature, ends the world twice, and then uses the energy to create his offspring. You have a three-part fight that is essentially just a curb stomp battle if you're anywhere over Lv 40 (which you more than likely will be.) He stands no chance. Not only that, but you fight him within his own shell, and then within the stream of time itself. He dosen't have a special death, he doesn't die through some horrible means, you kill him by beating him with a sword until he dies. Very fuck yes moment.

It's debateable if Lavos is truly evil as seen in a human light. Even Chrono Compendium had a debate regarding Lavos' alignment or if it even truly has one.

I think it's kinda weird how the main body of Lavos' Core is not the humanoid astronaut-like thing but the pod on the right. That pod thing has the most hit points and can't even be efficiently damaged until it lowers it's defenses in preparation for resurrecting it's other parts.

And if the DS version and Cross is anything to go by, Lavos is not truly destroyed because it's instead sent to the Darkness Beyond Time, where it absorbs Schala in order to enpower itself, turning into an abomination that can devour Space-Time at maturity. So even when you think you've killed it in Chrono Trigger, isn't still hasn't been destroyed.

Anybody remember how Azula from avatar got defeated?

Insane, Bound, and Bawling like a baby.

Talk about going down in flames(No pun intended)

Insane, Bound, and Bawling like a baby.

Talk about going down in flames(No pun intended)

Not to mention she got locked in an asylum after the show ended. Ouch.

Probably the best defeat I’ve ever seen in terms of action an explosions comes from Season 4 of the Stargate Atlantis TV show. Basically humans from earth team up with their arch nemesis the wrath along with another race of beings call the travelers to take down a race of humanoid killing machines know as the replicators. The uneasy alliance lead a fleet of space ships in an attack against the replicator home world culminating in an epic space battle, the likes of which have not been matched since Joss Wheadon’s Serenity movie.

The below video has edited together clips of the battle, which were divided up with commando scenes that take place on the planet in the original broadcast.

E-101 Beta mkII from Sonic Adventure

As time has gone on I've found Sonic Adventure has aged like Robin Williams in Jack. But one facet of the game that never ceases to be brilliant as long as I look at it is Gamma's story. It leaves so much open yet ends so satisfyingly. Gamma and Beta were forced into a rivalry by their programming yet tied as a family by instinct. Their fight wasn't just a battle for freedom, it was a war between technology and instinct.

Mother Gothel from Tangled

Gothel's one of the best villains I've seen in a while. Clearly manipulative and selfish, yet it's hard to distance one's self from her. She acted as Rapunzel's mother for her whole life and it's clear their care for each other wasn't superficial, so while her death may be well-deserved, it's hard not to have conflicting feelings about it.

Count Bleck & Co. from Super Paper Mario

I don't care what anyone says it was a great game. Beyond that, Count Bleck and his crew were actually a really great team of villains. They all got just the right amount of time in the spotlight, the most rightfully going to Dimentio and Bleck. Dimentio was a psychopath who wanted to destroy the multiverse just to prove that he could. Bleck was a corrupted Romeo who believed nothing else deserved to exist if his love for Tippi couldn't, only upon seeing her again realizing his mistake and giving his life to correct it. Both their deaths were very differently handled, yet Dimentio's was just as satisfying as Bleck's was impacting.

I'm going to be the unpopular geek and say Darth Vader, from Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

Okay, so perhaps he isn't truly a villain at the time of his death. So while I do count his physical passing (on the ramp of an Imperial Shuttle, in the arms of his son, unmasked) as one of the most emotional death sequences in all of cinema, the actual "death" of Vader comes when he throws himself towards the Emperor, lifts him away from murdering Luke and basically ends the Galactic Empire. Here's somebody who has been a pop culture icon of evil, regularly voted as cinema's greatest villain, throwing it all away in a massive redemption. Doesn't get much more epic than that.

I don't disagree that Vader's fundamental, but I have a hard time appreciating Star Wars' moral compass because it polarizes good and evil. Many works do this, but I feel Star Wars tries to make it clear that good and evil are very distant entities existing in two entirely different paradigms and I just don't like that. As far as I'm concerned, the universe is objective; what you do with the force is what's "light or dark," there are no two sides to it.

Edited by SuperStingray

I honestly don't like it when the villain lose.

After all the villains are the cool characters. :P

I honestly don't like it when the villain lose.

After all the villains are the cool characters. :P

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Shepherd's death. I'm not a big particular fan of First Person Shooters, but I really loved the ending to this one. This is a guy who you think is on your side the whole time only to go and actually kill the guy you play as throughout most of the game and one of your comrades with you as he burns you. It felt so good to shoot down the helicopter he was in and throw a knife into his eye.

and

Red Dead Redemption

The death of Edgar Ross. After running through the entire story of Red Dead Redemption as an outlaw named John Marston to try and get back with his family, it was painful to watch him get gunned down by an army brought upon by Edgar Ross. A man who took Marston's family away from him in the first place. You play as his son, Jack, who seeks revenge. You end up tracking down Edgar Ross and it ends with a classic 1 on 1 duel. I don't think I've ever shot so many bullets into one person.

But some of them you just can't help but hate (ex: Lotso from Toy Story 3, Stepmother from Cinderella)

You do got a point there. :P

In that case.... Robotnik owning Sonic in Robotnikland was pretty great. :P

After all Robotnik is the real hero of the universe. :P

Ratigan from The Great Mouse Detective really stands out to me above most other Disney villains due to the impression he left on me as a child, one that left me terrified of clock towers for months after first watching it.

Throughout most of the film, Ratigan is an evil gentleman with a (mostly) calm demeanor, and he was very fun to watch and listen to due to his exaggerated performance. Of course, he would be my first exposure to the incredible talent of Vincent Price, whose movies I have not seen many of but he ranks very high on my list of favorite male voices in the industry. So I found Ratigan difficult to hate and borderline likable despite all the nasty things he does. But then he became goddamned frightening during the last act of the movie, and seeing him beat Basil down with murderous intent wasn't something I was used to seeing in a Disney film. Normally the villain would resort to indirect means to dispose of the hero, such as using magic or transforming into some kind of beast. But here, Ratigan's transformation was more of a psychological one, with every last ounce of sanity breaking upon letting Basil slip from his grasp for the billionth time.

Seeing as how almost all Disney villains die the same way, I don't think I'm spoiling much when I say that Ratigan falls to his death at the end. But the way he does it was fairly shocking: he actually makes one last effort to grab Basil and take him with him, or rather, to me it seemed like Ratigan had absolutely no regard for the fact that he's about to die, and the only thing he can think about even during the fall is killing Basil. The way he plunges toward the camera with that deranged look on his face, followed by Basil's shock after thinking he had outwitted Ratigan once and for all, was very memorable, and damn was that scary to me.

Many years later, I would come to love Zigzag from The Thief and the Cobbler for similar reasons: flamboyant, exaggerated, and voiced by Vincent Price. Sorry, but Tim Curry really has nothing on this guy. The amazing animation and interactions of the two silent main characters make this movie worth checking out, but Zigzag was the icing and it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting of a movie without him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Be prepaaared!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jv1vdMpJc8

Oh, Disney. You love your gruesome death sequences, don't you?

And since it seems I can't think of anything other than Disney movies, Dr. Facilier's (getting pulled by his shadow into his own grave by voodoo spirits or whatever) and Clayton's (accidentally being hung by a vine) deaths were awesome too.

EDIT:

I'm surprised no one's said anything about Ganondorf's death in Wind Waker. It was an awesome attack on Link's part and a pretty horrid way to go, which I loved because he absolutely deserved it

The TP death was awesome too.

(Writing from memory) He's got the Master Sword stabbed through his stomach and asks Zant why he betrayed him. Zant just smiles and cracks his neck and Ganondorf immediately dies.

Edited by T-Man

^ and what's even cooler is when Ganon dies he's still standing up.

Of all the villain's defeats and deaths I've seen, these two are the ones that crop up first in my head that have any sort of substance beyond "villain lost, hero won, lets party!". :P

The first would be King Dedede's defeat in the Revenge of the King mode from Kirby Super Star Ultra. At first the ending seems almost copied directly from the Spring Breeze mode (Dedede being launched from the castle after Kirby beats him), but after Kirby's little dance you switch to Dedede walking sullenly on a dirt road as the sun sets, likely completely humiliated and ashamed that even with all the new weapons and upgrades he used in his last battle the outcome was still the same, then he's joined by all his Waddle Dee minions (including the Bandana Dee, who he had spared from fighting Kirby) and they all walk together, showing a strong sense of loyalty (which could be taken as contraditory to the whole "Dedede's rulership is made up" but ho-hum). Through that rather short cutscene, I feel it helps get the player to feel a bit of sympathy of the penguin (then again it might just be my bias talking). :P

The second one is actually a little more uncoventional than most examples, since it comes from a TV Show rather than a movie or video game and that it is purely a battle of wits (not a single punch is thrown). The moment I'm talking about is Roy Slater's first appearance in British sitcom, Only Fools and Horses. It's not till the very end of the episode he first appeared in that the defeat occurs (literally the moment before the end credits actually), but it is most definetly sweet to see this guy's reaction to having been completely duped by Del (when throughout the episode he had been acting rather smug because his position within the police meant that he held the advantage over almost all of the characters on the show). The character later has two more appearances (which also end in defeat, and in one even sees him sent off to prison), but for me the moment Del reveals the information he's after (that it was actually him that stole a particular item that the police were trying to find the culprit of) while under immunity from prosecution, and Slater's reaction to learning this, after spending the entire episode trying to interograte the identity, is just priceless.

X-Men First Class

Magento sending a fucking coin through Shaw's head. Slooowwllly. While he watches, frozen. Badass.

Edited by Aero909

Have to agree with Ratiggan, its so good to hear about people who remember that movie.

Hopper's death in a Bugs Life really freaked me out. Definatly one of Disney's (and Pixars) gruesomest....