Awoo.

Should we finally cross the goal post for green hill?

KHCast

Like in Mario the opening stages should be kept the same. With that said, spice it up a bit and bring something new to the mix each time, however it's a huge staple in Sonic's history.

It doesn't have the checkered pattern, but it comes damn near close to being a Green Hill Zone on fire.

I've heard people say this before and I disagree personally. It looks far too jungle themed to be a Green Hill for my tastes.

Pff, even Mario gets worn out at times. :lol:

The issue is, Sonic has other levels that are equally as memorable, and they end up rehashing Green Hill Zone.

EDIT:

SA2's Green Hill and GHZ in Generations are perfectly logical examples of being good, acceptable rehashes, as they're both anniversary games. They have to come out. The rest... Not so much.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion, saying 'Less Green Hill in Sonic' is like saying 'Less mushrooms in Mario', it's so iconic. That being said I'd rather a reimagining of it (Seaside Hill) or reusing the concept in different themes (Mushroom Hill - shapes and patterns and unusual bright colours in an otherwise 'natural' environment) than to keep remaking the exact look and giving it a different name (Splash Hill).

I dunno, when you take out the patterned cliff faces and palm trees and stuff it feels like something is missing.

I don't know why patterned dirt is so special.

I mean Sonic Team themselves pretty much dropped the idea of Geometric tesselating soil by the time they reached Sonic 3. The only reason they're reusing it now, is because its nostalgic.