Awoo.

LulzSec hack... (Insert most recent target here)

Patticus

These morons have massively over-inflated egos. I can't believe they're still making speeches and declarations like they think they're some sort of web heroes. Like hacking banks is going to do anything other than financially screw over tons of innocent people. I wish the web ninjas would just publicly dox them so people living nearby could beat the shit out of the basement dwellers and all could be right with the world again.

The only thing they've accomplished is making an excellent case for legislating the shit out of the internet. I know their antics have convinced a few of my friends offline than maybe total net neutrality isn't so great an idea after all.

EDIT: I just realized why this seems so familiar. Their childish antics were putting me in mind of the young protagonist of the Bruce Bethke short story Cyberpunk and his friends.

Edited by Matt

LulzSec Stole the Entire 2011 UK Census

Not sure if this has been posted but they have the 2011 UK Census =/

Calling the UK Government illiterate, LulzSec says they have the 2011 UK Census in its entirety, and that they plan to leak the entire thing when they finish formatting it. Uh oh.

Greetings Internets,

We have blissfully obtained records of every single citizen who gave their records to the security-illiterate UK government for the 2011 census

We're keeping them under lock and key though... so don't worry about your privacy (...until we finish re-formatting them for release)

Myself and the rest of my Lulz shipmates will then embark upon a trip to ThePirateBay with our beautiful records for your viewing pleasure!

Ahoy! Bwahahaha... >:]

Cap'n Pierre "Lulz" Dubois

Then they dropped a couple of bonus links to internal documents from the gaming company Bethesda and the U.S. Senate (for the Lulz, presumably). This goes hand in hand with Scotland Yard arresting a 19-year-old in connection with the LulzSec hacks

I've totally had enough of these fuckers I really hope they slip up and get caught the idiots =/

Edited by SHADDiX DUNN
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/45000/LulzSec-hacker-arrested-in-Essex

Scotland Yard says arrest follows a number of intrusions and DDOS attacks on companies; Census says no evidence of breach

A 19-year old Essex man has been arrested in what is believed to be the first raid on the membership of LulzSec.

"Officers from the Metropolitan Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU) have arrested a 19-year-old man in a pre-planned intelligence-led operation," a statement from the MET reads.

"The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group.

"The teenager was arrested on suspicion of Computer Misuse Act, and Fraud Act offences and was taken to a central London police station, where he currently remains in custody for questioning.

"Searches at a residential address in Wickford, Essex, following the arrest last night have led to the examination of a significant amount of material. These forensic examinations remain ongoing.

EDIT: whoops didn't see DO's post.

EDIT 2:

Just saw the pastebin of the UK census hack. That wasn't us - don't believe fake LulzSec releases unless we put out a tweet first.
Edited by Carbo

LulzSec themselves seem to confused about the Census. They're claiming that if they did, it would be on their site and Twitter :V

Topic renamed and moved to Chit Chat, as it covers more than just gaming-related targets.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Sabu, the leader of LulzSec, the guy who was arrested in Essex was a guy named Ryan, and that he was operating LulzSec's official irc channel, so odds are that all the irc logs are now in hands of several of the agencies going against them. This might be why they tried to DDOS SOCA last day.

As if it wasn't enough that most of LulzSec are now doxed, Sabu in particular, they've picked up a fight with TeaMp0iSoN, one of the most famous hacker groups on the web, and they're now at war with them.

The Anonymous collaboration really begins to stink as a way to hide behind cover fire now.

Svensite.png

Edited by Carbo

Another NMA video, and the Web Ninjas are getting publicity!

And with what Carbo just posted... Geez, LulzSec's future isn't looking so bright, huh?

LulzSec has struck Brazilian government websites:

The websites of the Brazilian government and President have fallen victim to hacker group Lulz Security.

In a Twitter posting, LulzSec said "Tango Down" and linked to the two sites.

Both are thought to have been taken offline by distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDoS).

LulzSec recently signalled its intent to target the systems of governments and associated organisations around the world.

In the past month, it has attacked the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency, the US Senate, Sony, and the broadcaster PBS, as well as a number of games companies.

DDoS attacks are regarded more as malicious activity than hacking, because the sites' computer systems are not broken into.

Instead, they are deliberately overloading with traffic, such as communication requests or so-called 'e-mail bombs'.

The group tweeted "Our Brazilian unit is making progress. Well done @LulzSecBrazil, brothers!" shortly after the two sites went down.

Arrest

LulzSec also commented on the case of 19-year-old Ryan Cleary who was arrested in Essex on 21 June on suspicion of hacking websites.

The group said that he was not part of their organisation.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Paul Stephenson, described Mr Cleary's arrest as "very significant".

Although he declined to discuss the details of the case, the Commissioner added: "The challenges around cyber-crime are extremely significant and deeply worrying across the gamut of cyber-crime from personal information to how a paedophile can enter a child's bedroom."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13878888

I rather like the picture that represents LulzSec in the article:

_53622376_lulz.jpg

LulzSec hacked by anti-hacking group?

Rival hackers claim successful attack on LulzSec

Headline dominating hacking group LulzSec has seemingly become the victim of a hack attack itself.

screenshot_258281_thumb_wide300.jpg

Reports suggest that the LulzSec homepage went down earlier today after a number of rival hacking groups threatened to turn on the group.

At the time of writing, the LulzSec Twitter account can be found on Google but 'doesn't exist' once users click through to the social networking site.

A hacker going by the name of Oneiroi is claiming to have brought down the LulzSec homepage in an attack codenamed 'Operation Supernova'.

"I'd like to let the public know that phase one of OPERATION SUPERNOVA has been successful," he said on Twitter.

"Lulzsecurity.com is Tango down at this time."

The trouble for LulzSec doesn't stop there. New Scientist is reporting that another hacker by the name of 'TeaMp0ison' has vowed to reveal the true identities of LulzSec members:

"We're here to show the world that they're nothing but a bunch of script kiddies. We're going to let them do what they do. Then we're going to do what we do. We're going to hit them hard."

The slow turn of sections of the hacking community against LulzSec isn't new. Anti-hacking groups threatening to expose the hackers surfaced with the arrest of suspected LulzSec member Ryan Cleary on Tuesday.

One particular anti-hacking group calling itself 'Team Web Ninjas' has already posted what they say are the names, addresses, phone numbers and pictures of LulzSec.

They also claim to have full details of the LulzSec leader but are currently holding back from exposing him.

[ Source: on3iroi on Wordpress ]

• Thumbs Up 1

Think of it as the Zangief Kid pile driving that bully.

No wait that's a stupid comparison. Either way I'm pretty pleased with the news since they've become so incredibly obnoxious and full of themselves on their Twitter recently that I wish I could punch them through the monitor. Topiary's drowned in his pretentiousness.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well then. It seems that this was only meant to last for 50 days.

Friends around the globe,

We are Lulz Security, and this is our final release, as today marks something meaningful to us. 50 days ago, we set sail with our humble ship on an uneasy and brutal ocean: the Internet. The hate machine, the love machine, the machine powered by many machines. We are all part of it, helping it grow, and helping it grow on us.

For the past 50 days we've been disrupting and exposing corporations, governments, often the general population itself, and quite possibly everything in between, just because we could. All to selflessly entertain others - vanity, fame, recognition, all of these things are shadowed by our desire for that which we all love. The raw, uninterrupted, chaotic thrill of entertainment and anarchy. It's what we all crave, even the seemingly lifeless politicians and emotionless, middle-aged self-titled failures. You are not failures. You have not blown away. You can get what you want and you are worth having it, believe in yourself.

While we are responsible for everything that The Lulz Boat is, we are not tied to this identity permanently. Behind this jolly visage of rainbows and top hats, we are people. People with a preference for music, a preference for food; we have varying taste in clothes and television, we are just like you. Even Hitler and Osama Bin Laden had these unique variations and style, and isn't that interesting to know? The mediocre painter turned supervillain liked cats more than we did.

Again, behind the mask, behind the insanity and mayhem, we truly believe in the AntiSec movement. We believe in it so strongly that we brought it back, much to the dismay of those looking for more anarchic lulz. We hope, wish, even beg, that the movement manifests itself into a revolution that can continue on without us. The support we've gathered for it in such a short space of time is truly overwhelming, and not to mention humbling. Please don't stop. Together, united, we can stomp down our common oppressors and imbue ourselves with the power and freedom we deserve.

So with those last thoughts, it's time to say bon voyage. Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind - we hope - inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love. If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere.

Thank you for sailing with us. The breeze is fresh and the sun is setting, so now we head for the horizon.

Let it flow...

Lulz Security - our crew of six wishes you a happy 2011, and a shout-out to all of our battlefleet members and supporters across the globe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our mayhem: http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/

Our chaos: http://thepiratebay.org/user/LulzSec/

Our final release: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6495523/50_Days_of_Lulz

Please make mirrors of material on the website, because we're not renewing the hosting. Goodbye. <3

Yes, they were only going to do this for a planned, limited time. Of course. An actual hacking group stealing all of their personal data and publically informing yesterday that they plan to release it is just coincidence. Uh-huh.

What a bunch of wankers. At least it's finished.

I do hope the other hacking group releases all the data though 8).

Edited by Flint

Aw, and I was just about to suggest we build a boat to stop them, D;.

Seriously though, they way they go about themselves is weird. It almost seems like a deranged themed group of people from Fallout or something.

• 3 weeks later...