Awoo.

Anniversaries for other characters

Exploder

What if SEGA decided to celebrate the anniversaries of Tails and Knuckles in the next few years? Could it happen? Should it?

If it does occur I feel it is unlikely to be anywhere as big as Sonic's itself.

Nope.avi more or likely never it's Tails 19th year this year (20th next year duh) so I expect nothing really for other characters anniversaries it's simply not needed really. it hasn't happened in other years so it won't happen :).

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

What are you guys talking about, we're celebrating Shadow's 10th Anniversary in less than two weeks! I'm hoping for the announcement of Shadow Generations! :D :D :D :D

Edited by Tobbii
  • Thumbs Up 6

I wouldn't see anything wrong with it until we look at how big the cast is (because you can't just single out Tails and Knuckles), how many birthdays run really close to one another, (tons of June and November babies in this series), and how ultimately unimportant these characters' birthdays are in comparison to Sonic's as his also marks the entire birth of the series. I see it as overkill beyond maybe a blog acknowledgement or something, but fans wouldn't be content with simply a blog acknowledgement; We'd be demanding all-out bashes in the hopes of gaining assets and merchandise. =P

So yeah, let's just stick to Sonic's.

I don't know what the hell you're all on, but I believe EVERY Sonic character should have an anniversary, why you may ask? Quite obvious, characters like Omega, Fang, Bark, Bean, and Ray, they MAKE the Sonic series, and I DEMAND that Sega makes a title for every single Sonic character in existance, and Sally please, Sally's absolutely amazing.

and Sally please, Sally's absolutely amazing.

I'll take a Wendy Witchcart spin-off, but this?

Now you've gone too far.

Sonic 2sday is almost as important as Sonic's Anniversary. If not for the debut of Tails, then for the worldwide release of Sonic 2. Then there's Hedgehog Day, the US release of Sonic 3 which coincided with Groundhog Day, the day that saw the debut of Knuckles. I think those are worth celebrating too.

In that case, why not the re-introduction of the Sonic franchise into the mainstream media after a few years of decay, the first attempt to break the polygon ceiling, and the flagship title of a console most everyone now agrees was way ahead of its time? Sonic Adventure- thus Big, Gamma, Tikal, and Chaos- should get something too. Sonic Adventure 2 should as well as it marks an especially significant anniversary, a new and proud division of Sonic Team, and the introduction of Shadow who's had a ton of impact on the series since his debut, so him and Rouge deserve something.

And if we keep going the rate we have been with Generations, Unleashed will also become notable for being the first title showcasing the series' kickass gameplay style that finally got Sonic out of the critical rut he was in as well as being the first to use the series' exclusive special rendering engine. I think that's important as well, and if it proves to have a lasting impact over the next several years, then the Werehog, Chip, Prof. Pickle, Orbot, and Wentos also get a birthday bash. [/petty modern fandom]

Edited by Nepenthe

Lets start by celebrating Tails 20th by having him appear as a playable character in Episode 2 and then go from there.

*Reads topic*

*Remembers that Activision aren't giving Crash anything for his 15th Birthday*

I'm sad now. :(

Besides, how many characters have their anniversary at the same time, anyway?

Sonic, Eggman, Shadow, and Rouge have June birthdays. Amy and Metal have September birthdays. Tails, Blaze, and Silver have November birthdays. Big, Gamma, Tikal, Chaos, and New Chaotix have December birthdays.

Knuckles apparently has a January birthday, the little outlier.

Edited by Nepenthe

What are you guys talking about, we're celebrating Shadow's 10th Anniversary in less than two weeks! I'm hoping for the announcement of Shadow Generations! :D :D :D :D

*Opening*

M.Shadow: I've found you, faker!

D.Shadow: You're the faker, faker!

M.Shadow: No, you're the faker!

D.Shadow: No, you! >:C

M.Shadow: I AM THE ULTIMATE LIFEFORM!

D.Shadow: Chaos.....

M.Shadow: O_O

*Closing*

M. + D. Shadow: I am Shadow the Hedgehog! This is who I am!

M. + D. Shadow: O_O

Of course, allow for two-fold identitiy crisis running throughout the plot.

Edited by Facehugger
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thinking about it, has Shadow EVER been playable in 2D?

Sonic Rivals. As well as Genesis hacks.

What if SEGA decided to celebrate the anniversaries of Tails and Knuckles in the next few years?

Nope.

There has been a new character introduced in almost every single Sonic game. That would mean celebrating some popular characters anniversary several years in a row. The development team simply cannot handle that kind of work-load.

Heck, I'd say we're lucky we're even getting Generations.

I mean look at what Mario, the father of video games himself, got for his Quarter Centenary? A Rom collection in a shiny box. The ROM's weren't even edited to show control set up for WiiMote/Classic/Gamecube. It STILL showed the SNES controller button layout.

I wouldn't mind a celebratory picture drawn by Uekawa/Oshima for respective characters, but that's about it.

So do we all agree that the only Sonic-related days worth celebrating are...

Sonic's Anniversary

Sonic 2sday

Hedgehog Day

So do we all agree that the only Sonic-related days worth celebrating are...

Sonic's Anniversary

Sonic 2sday

Hedgehog Day

I wouldn't mind them doing something to celebrate the really old Sonic characters that have been around since the Classic era. For example, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic, and Eggman. Those characters are much older getting ready to celebrate their 20th Anniversaries or so the other characters are still to new in my opinion for a big Anniversary celebration. It doesn't have to be a Anniversary game for Sonic's friends but doing a little special something like artwork or compilations of things regarding the characters or something would be nice.