Awoo.

FANGAME --> Sonic Adventure SS (Discontinued)

LoseR

( I am aware that a few people have already made "Sonic Adventure 3" fan games, but I didn't want to pass up the chance. )

The other day, last weekend, I had a random thought about Sonic Adventure 3, and being the creative (and sometimes ADHD, even if I don't have it), I randomly started thinking of a storyline, and a GOOD one at that.

Because of this, I decided to make a game, and decided I wanted to bring back the time stones, and time travel, and also have it be the end of the adventure series, but be the prequel to Sonic Heroes.

BTW, since I am not that great at making games, it is going to be 2D.

I like to know what people think, or know what I should do in the game. So here are some questions for you to answer...

-As many know, the adventure series' levels and overall areas are based on real world locations. So if you could pick area(s) or level, where would these place(s) be?

-As you know, both Adventures featured playing as an evil-ish character, which shot things, so who should I use? (A robot like Gamma or Omega or what?)

-The game is supposed to feature time travel, how should I handle this? Like CD with signposts, or some other way?

-Possible power ups?

-Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, *insert two other characters*

-Should the game revolve around Sonic like 1, or should it be more open to other characters like 2?

-Hub worlds like in 1, or world map like in 2? (Or some sort of combination?)

-Anything else you can say (or ask)...

...And yes, I have already started working on this...

I'm sorry, but as soon as you say "It's in 2D", it's not really a Sonic Adventure game.

I suppose, but hey, it's a fangame...

I honestly don't care, and will do my best to implement Adventure style gameplay...

I suppose, but hey, it's a fangame...

Yes, but that doesn't really change things.

I honestly don't care, and will do my best to implement Adventure style gameplay...

I'm all ears, because SA gameplay in 2D is pretty much the Sonic Advance series.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm all ears, because SA gameplay in 2D is pretty much the Sonic Advance series.

That is very true, and thus I actually am taking some lessons from Advance as well. :D

Why the hell does the title Sonic Adventure 3 matter to you? Just call it Sonic Advance 4 if it's 2D, a 2D Sonic based around Adventure style gameplay ending up feeling like an Advance game is absolutely inevitable.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why the hell does the title Sonic Adventure 3 matter to you? Just call it Sonic Advance 4 if it's 2D, a 2D Sonic based around Adventure style gameplay ending up feeling like an Advance game is absolutely inevitable.

Simple... Although it doesn't seems like it now, the game is going to be made much more like a Adventure game then an Advance one...

The other day, last weekend, I had a random thought about Sonic Adventure 3, and being the creative (and sometimes ADHD, even if I don't have it), I randomly started thinking of a storyline, and a GOOD one at that.
You're going about this backwards. If you have a good story idea, you write fan fiction. You need a good game idea if you want to make a good fan game.

And while talking with other fans and seeing what they want can be a good thing, that you're asking this many questions right off the bat doesn't give me much confidence in your ability to design a game. What, exactly, are you bringing to the game besides your story idea?

• Thumbs Up 2

OMG WE ARE NOT GETTING SONIC ADVE- *reads that it's a fangame* Oh nevermind. But An adventure game in 2d sounds a bit odd. Good luck anyway

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Many people intended to make a Sonic Adventure 3.

and failed.

I, on the other hand, can and will if I get a team of people and get mega moolah.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Like the others said, you're basing this off of Sonic Adventure but making it 2D? That seems a bit off to me :huh: If anything, at least call it a different name or something if it's not actually going to follow the Sonic Adventure format or something. Well, either way, I wish you good luck on this fangame and I look forward to seeing how it'll all turn out!

You're going about this backwards. If you have a good story idea, you write fan fiction. You need a good game idea if you want to make a good fan game.

And while talking with other fans and seeing what they want can be a good thing, that you're asking this many questions right off the bat doesn't give me much confidence in your ability to design a game. What, exactly, are you bringing to the game besides your story idea?

Darn it... Did I seriously forget to right about the game idea, well pretty much. I plan on having a game with physics more like Adventure 1, while having techniques more like Adventure 2. And the story, is, although I do have a good story idea, it is not completely though up yet, and I plan on designing the game, and altering the story to go with the game, as that seems to be how most games (the better ones at that, especially Sonic games) are made.

As of asking a lot of questions, I really don't want it to be that type of game that is enjoyed by a few people, and not many others, and am planning to use the best of the ideas in game, making it more community friendly. Also, I've made games before, even if I haven't released them, mainly because they were on my old computer, so I do feel confident...

OMG WE ARE NOT GETTING SONIC ADVE- *reads that it's a fangame* Oh nevermind. But An adventure game in 2d sounds a bit odd. Good luck anyway

I don't see what's wrong with another Adventure... And I know it seems odd, but I really don't care...

Many people intended to make a Sonic Adventure 3.

and failed.

I, on the other hand, can and will if I get a team of people and get mega moolah.

So what if they failed, is that supposed to scare me? That's really stupid.

Oh yeah, and you have a huge ego...

Sorry, i just find the title funny.

Look since your a new I'll go easy on you, take a serious look on previous fan games that tried to create a adventure style 2d game and failed including the only 1 that truly got close and failed, "Sonic Adventure Remix". <- ALLOT of people tried to make this a success and it still wound up a failure. why? the project got over their heads, taking a game style like adventure is not an easy task.

Now ask yourself, how the hell is my fan game going to be any different from all those others? What am I going to do to make this game a success? And do i have the drive to finish it no matter what? motivation is the thing that kills or gives fan games life, you don't have enough of it, your bound to fail.

You can't just go and shout out "HAI IZ MAKING SA3, WANNA HALP?!" and expect anyone to believe you without proof even!

Now before you start anything, go, give yourself some serious time to think about the project you and just about anyone with basic fan game experience wanted to jump in and try, and come back. if your truly serious, you'll know what your next step will be...

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

-As many know, the adventure series' levels and overall areas are based on real world locations.

You mean, real world locations and areas that Sonic and friends is in a real human world or do you mean the levels and areas is actually based on real world locations like in Sonic Unleashed? :unsure: I know City Escape is based on a San Francisco but I think everything else about the adventure series plain fantasy.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

You mean, real world locations and areas that Sonic and friends is in a real human world or do you mean the levels and areas is actually based on real world locations like in Sonic Unleashed? :unsure: I know City Escape is based on a San Francisco but I think everything else about the adventure series plain fantasy.

The majority of the Adventure series is made up real-world based locations, like Unleashed, just not as obvious... Some may be fantasy (I'm not sure) but most of it is based off real locations...

The majority of the Adventure series is made up real-world based locations, like Unleashed, just not as obvious... Some may be fantasy (I'm not sure) but most of it is based off real locations...

Such as...? Based on what real locations?

:huh:Locations? Umm..like Cities or something? Specify because I'm confused... I can understand City Escape, and Emerald Coast being based from California beaches or various resorts but something like Crazy Gadget belongs to the fantasy section.

Stuff like the ARK, Pumpkin Hill, the Egg Carrier, etc, are obviously fantasy, but other locations are based on real ones. The Mystic Ruins were largely based on actual Mayan ruins (with the team even going to see them in person for inspiration), and the desert areas of SA2 are obviously based somewhat on Egypt (what with the pyramid and hieroglyphics and all). They've got a bit of a mix; more than the Genesis games, less than Unleashed.

Sonic Advance 4? Awesome i'd like to see it when you're finished

That's kind of a off a little bit. I suppose it'll be like SAdvanced4 a bit, but that's kind of hard to say, as the games a quite different in terms of gameplay and gimmicks. I will say though that I'm using some of those gimmicks, and sprites/art in that style.

:huh:Locations? Umm..like Cities or something? Specify because I'm confused... I can understand City Escape, and Emerald Coast being based from California beaches or various resorts but something like Crazy Gadget belongs to the fantasy section.

Things like Prison lane being Alcatraz, Radical Highway being the Golden Gate Bridge, and Routes 101 and 280 being named after real San Francisco streets, if that counts. And yes, Crazy Gadget is one of the pure fantasy stages...

It's come to my attention that, I misplaced this topic, and it should go under the "Miscellaneous Works" section. Since I'm new, I'm not aware if there is a way to change this, and if there is, how would I do that?

I randomly started thinking of a storyline, and a GOOD one at that.

Edited by Scott

I do it a lot, it actually tends to work out very well...

As for the music, I haven't even though about it... I'd be nice to get someone to make new music, otherwise, I'll probably settle for remixes...

Yeah, but thing is, you could think it's a well thought-out story, where everyone else could find many flaws and plot holes, I mean, you see that banner below me, links to my devientart, I do sprite comics as a form of story creating (cos I like adding pictures :lol::P ) but does that mean I'm good or it's good to anyone else, no?

I think there is a few musicians around here who'd be willing to make music for you or remix songs for you :)

Edited by Scott