Awoo.

FANGAME --> Sonic Adventure SS (Discontinued)

LoseR

Yeah, but thing is, you could think it's a well thought-out story, where everyone else could find many flaws and plot holes, I mean, you see that banner below me, links to my devientart, I do sprite comics as a form of story creating (cos I like adding pictures :lol::P ) but does that mean I'm good or it's good to anyone else, no?

I suppose, so I'll probably run it over some people and see what they think...

I think there is a few musicians around here who'd be willing to make music for you or remix songs for you :)

Sweet, if you hook me up that'd be raw!

FANGAME: Sonic Adventure 3 A more perfessional one...

Ehm, what does perfessional mean?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

-As many know, the adventure series' levels and overall areas are based on real world locations. So if you could pick area(s) or level, where would these place(s) be?

A really nice jungle area would be fantastic, or something like the Nile river.

-As you know, both Adventures featured playing as an evil-ish character, which shot things, so who should I use? (A robot like Gamma or Omega or what?)

If you have to go for something that isn't similar to Sonic, something a little quick and heavy like omega would be cool

-The game is supposed to feature time travel, how should I handle this? Like CD with signposts, or some other way?

I would pick sign posts, but instead of running to have it activated, have something floating above the post and you would have to jump into it in order for it to activate

Possible power ups?

Not too sure on this, I'll post my thoughts if I think of something

-Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, *insert two other characters*

Not me really telling you to, but my personal choice would be Vector and Espio

-Should the game revolve around Sonic like 1, or should it be more open to other characters like 2?

Not sure

-Hub worlds like in 1, or world map like in 2? (Or some sort of combination?)

You should try something like Sonic Advance 3, a mini map for each stage but with actual detail instead of different colored(coloured) blocks.

That's pretty much all I got for now. If you really go through with this I hope it turns out really nice.

Just a quick update. I've decided that the game, like both Adventures, is going to rap around a city... In the game, the city is going to be based off of Minneapolis, and this city will be featured in some way as a HUB world, and as a stage.

Here's just a quick picture of Minneapolis, and the Cedar Avenue Bridge which may be seen somewhere.wink.gif

Cedar_Avenue_Bridge_Minneapolis.jpg

Also, if anyone is interested in making sprites or something else for the game. Please send me a message!

Edited by woolythehedgehog

*Update*

Sonic Adventure 3's playable character list, along with a basic story idea for each, and basic play-style idea.

-Sonic (Obviously) - After the events of SA2, a party is thrown in honor of the hedgehogs, but is quickly interupted as Metal Sonic bursts in, and Eggman runs off, Sonic chases after him, finding he is somewhere near a new city. Plays like a combination of SA1 and 2.

-Tails - Tails follows Sonic in his journey, but gets caught up in his own. - Will play a lot like in Sonic Adventure 1.

-Knuckles - Not completely sure yet, but will probably have something to do with Espio... - Sadly, because this is what Knuckles does in both games, he WILL continue with the treasure hunting...

-Amy - She'll play pretty much like she does in SA1, except faster...

-E-123 Ω - After Gamma is rebuild by the doctor into Omega, he attacks Eggman, and Eggman escapes, Omega later, helping Amy, seeks out Robotnik. - He plays like a combination of his previous self, and his Heroes self.

-Espio - After his teammates are irresponsibly captured, Espio is not aware who, Espio is forced to sneak around, finding clues to where they are held. - Plays like a stealthy version of Sonic gameplay.

I'm seeing allot of talking, but not any actual evidence that your working on this bro. what have you started other then plotline, location setting, and characters you want to include?

You got to start showing actual progress soon or all this talk your doing will fall on deaf ears. Just saiyan...

Edited by goku262002

"plays like SA"
Considering you've said the game is going to be 2D, this is practically meaningless. What, exactly, are you doing with these characters, that you call "like SA" but in 2D? Give us specifics, man.

Sadly, because this is what Knuckles does in both games, he WILL continue with the treasure hunting...
Dumb, dumb, dumb. You are making a game, the only true restraints are the ones in your own head, yet you're planning to include something you clearly do not want. Do what makes a good game, don't slavishly follow SA/2's bad ideas just because you want to make SA3.

E-123 Ω - After Gamma is rebuild by the doctor into Omega,
Uuuugh, this is terrible. Making Gamma into Omega soils them both; while they are both rebelling E-series robots, their personalities, goals, and motivations are completely different. Hey, you want suggestions? And a bad guy with a gun? Bring back Fang.

Plays like a stealthy version of Sonic gameplay.
That's practically an oxymoron. How do you reconcile Sonic's fast-paced gameplay with the necessarily slow stealth elements?
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm seeing allot of talking, but not any actual evidence that your working on this bro. what have you started other then plotline, location setting, and characters you want to include?

You got to start showing actual progress soon or all this talk your doing will fall on deaf ears. Just saiyan...

I have been making actual progress, but I feel that I'm not quite ready to show it... Just trust me on this one for now. I'll have post some things here eventually...

Considering you've said the game is going to be 2D, this is practically meaningless. What, exactly, are you doing with these characters, that you call "like SA" but in 2D? Give us specifics, man.

Well for one, Sonic techniques are not quite as "Sonic Advance" as you would expect. Such as the spindash, which is not performed by pressing down+jump by by holding down a separate button for a short time, and can be held longer in order to charge it up. Also, you can activate the rolling, by pressing down. Otherwise, if you tap the attack button, Sonic performs a somersault, and then if you press it again, he performs a kick. Don't worry though, the somersault and kick are not as jarring as they were to the speed in SA2. Also, Sonic has a homing attack, which isn't that much surprising, but I thought I'd mention it.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. You are making a game, the only true restraints are the ones in your own head, yet you're planning to include something you clearly do not want. Do what makes a good game, don't slavishly follow SA/2's bad ideas just because you want to make SA3.

Honestly, I don't think that it's bad gameplay, and was trying to speak from a more, common perspective. I actually enjoy those types of stages a bit, so I am including. Maybe I shouldn't use that perspective since it isn't plainly obvious...

Uuuugh, this is terrible. Making Gamma into Omega soils them both; while they are both rebelling E-series robots, their personalities, goals, and motivations are completely different. Hey, you want suggestions? And a bad guy with a gun? Bring back Fang.

Also, according to Sonic Retro (yes I've been doing some research for this game) Omega is actually a robot built from Gamma's scraps, and thus uses the same memory system as him. The memory on it is not erased, and eventually, Omega is sealed inside of one fat faces old storage felicities. This is what causes Omega's anger towards him in Sonic Heroes.

That's practically an oxymoron. How do you reconcile Sonic's fast-paced gameplay with the necessarily slow stealth elements?

This is a thought I'm still thinking about, and I may change this, so it's not completely official...

Honestly, I don't think that it's bad gameplay, and was trying to speak from a more, common perspective. I actually enjoy those types of stages a bit, so I am including. Maybe I shouldn't use that perspective since it isn't plainly obvious...
Fair enough, though I'll register my opinion that it's a terrible idea and that he should just have standard get-to-the-goal gameplay.

Also, according to Sonic Retro (yes I've been doing some research for this game) Omega is actually a robot built from Gamma's scraps, and thus uses the same memory system as him. The memory on it is not erased, and eventually, Omega is sealed inside of one fat faces old storage felicities. This is what causes Omega's anger towards him in Sonic Heroes.
Unless they've got a source for this, I call BS. I've not seen one scrap of evidence to support it, and like I said it pisses on both characters.

Fair enough, though I'll register my opinion that it's a terrible idea and that he should just have standard get-to-the-goal gameplay.

Okay, you can go do that...

Unless they've got a source for this, I call BS. I've not seen one scrap of evidence to support it, and like I said it pisses on both characters.

I dunno, I'll do some more research on other sites...

*UPDATE*

As many want to see if I am actually currently working on the game, I have took a screenshot of my game making program's level editor, and added notes to it...

test_hub_000.PNG

Some things you should know:

• I am using a game making program, literally called "Game Maker" (Pro Version) to make this fangame.
  • I am using an engine, but am not just taking someone else's work and making it my own, as I am doing a lot of editing. The goal of this project was not to build a game from scratch, but do more in depth editing.
  • I am in need of spriters, so send me a message if you are interested.
  • Also, I need musicians, as I do not like using premade music. I might settle for remixes though.

The reason people here are being cynical, in case confused, is because ideas are cheap. Now making a good idea is important, and fleshing it out, but in the real world people want to see results, prototypes, screens, videos, demos when it comes to a game. Those are the fruits of labor and show progress is being done and give an idea on what the project is about, since until then there are only claims and ideas, which don't mean squat in the industry unless you're already a well-established developer.

It's also not an easy task, these projects usually fall apart in development. If you need some help, I can give a helping hand in guiding you to the right places to get resources, learn some of the skills you need (whenever real programming or user-friendly game development like RPG Maker or MMF2), and anything else you might need. It takes some hard work and study, but if it's what you want to do it is completely worth it.

The reason people here are being cynical, in case confused, is because ideas are cheap. Now making a good idea is important, and fleshing it out, but in the real world people want to see results, prototypes, screens, videos, demos when it comes to a game. Those are the fruits of labor and show progress is being done and give an idea on what the project is about, since until then there are only claims and ideas, which don't mean squat in the industry unless you're already a well-established developer.

It's also not an easy task, these projects usually fall apart in development. If you need some help, I can give a helping hand in guiding you to the right places to get resources, learn some of the skills you need (whenever real programming or user-friendly game development like RPG Maker or MMF2), and anything else you might need. It takes some hard work and study, but if it's what you want to do it is completely worth it.

I see what you're saying, and I understand that, the problem is that, I was planning to put up a video on this a bit a go, but I can't seem to find a free screen recorder that doesn't bug out, or or have a crap framerate... I have this program called CamStudio, which used to work well before, but just stopped, for reasons I'm not sure of, so, since you're willing to help, do you know of any good screen recording programs?

*UPDATE*

Yesterday, I made a video, about how I am looking for people who can become part of the "3 TEAM", AKA the development team for this game...

By the way, I think you should take a look at this video...

Looks interesting, and certainly way better than the original, but I don't see what you're trying to say...

Well it's nothing new to anyone that Sonic 06 plays similar to the adventure games, and this is a 2D version of an Adventure styled game, so since I saw it, I thought you might like to see it to get a good idea of the Adventure style in 2D :)

*UPDATE!*

The Sonic Generations demo isn't the only demo going out tomorrow...

Well it's nothing new to anyone that Sonic 06 plays similar to the adventure games, and this is a 2D version of an Adventure styled game, so since I saw it, I thought you might like to see it to get a good idea of the Adventure style in 2D :)

That's actually the type of style I was going for... At least for Sonic...

I tried the demo, and it was alright, but spindashing didn't work at all for me, also the stop posts in the training level, what as the need for them? because everytime I walked past one, Sonic immediately stopped and would do the same for each stop post. I praise the grinding, cos back when I was 15, I couldn't get that to work :P

Some of the sound effects sound horrible on a 2D game, especially the grinding noise, sounds like an Xbox 360 :mellow: I know you wanna create that Adventure-Experience but for a 2D game the sound effects make the game....somewhat lifeless but that could just be an opinion to some.

But keep working on it and you'll get there!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is probably because you tried the classic, down+jump, which is something I changed because of the fact that I thought it took away from the "Adventure" feel a little, so I switched it to the attack key (Z)...

*Insert stuff here*

Fixed most of those things already... I'll fix the rest later... But what's wrong with the rolling..? I don't get what you're saying...

You should've went with Cream and Fang for the 2 extra characters

Although this is supposed to be somewhat of the prequel, I'm not including Cream, as I'm not a fan of here at all... She may be a side character though...

As for Fang, I just never really played Sonic Triple Trouble... And don't really think he'd have much of a point to being there, because he wasn't in Heroes...