Awoo.

FANGAME --> Sonic Adventure SS (Discontinued)

LoseR

For now though, I'm going to call it Sonic Adventure Side Scrolling though...

Not only is that too much of a mouthfull, but it also sounds like it's SA1 in 2D.

SONIC SUPER HYPER DARK CHAOS DARKSPINE THESAURUS TRUE ADVEN- OK, let's just call it ULTIMATE Sonic Adventure?

Sonic Adventure 2D?

You've got a nice idea in your hands, don't waste it.

As for the final boss,

How about make Sonic attack the boss in Phase 1, the robot loses a Time Stone, the boss makes a game-ending move that requires Sonic to go back in time to prevent that, and repeat.

Not only is that too much of a mouthfull, but it also sounds like it's SA1 in 2D.

Yeah, but it's not really an official name yet... I may shorten it to Sonic Adventure SS, which also doesn't make it sound like SA1 in 2D...

As for the final boss,

How about make Sonic attack the boss in Phase 1, the robot loses a Time Stone, the boss makes a game-ending move that requires Sonic to go back in time to prevent that, and repeat.

I don't think you read my post correctly...

Sonic has the time stones by the beginning of the final fight, but gains the Chaos Emeralds through Phase I...

Edited by woolythehedgehog

I don't think you read my post correctly...

Sonic has the time stones by the beginning of the final fight, but gains the Chaos Emeralds through Phase I...

Oh, let me rethought it then.

Sonic attacks Eggman in Phase 1, he losses a Chaos Emerald. A desperated Eggman does a game-finishing move - Like in Sonic 4 where he goes off-screen and then punches the floor, the floor starts crumbling and Sonic has only one chance to attack otherwise he will die -, Sonic goes back in time before Eggman does the attack with the Chaos Emerald still in his (Sonic's) hand, repeat...

Yeah you're free to throw out your suggestions...

For now though, I'm going to call it Sonic Adventure Side Scrolling though...

...Sonic Time Adventure?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, let me rethought it then.

Sonic attacks Eggman in Phase 1, he losses a Chaos Emerald. A desperated Eggman does a game-finishing move - Like in Sonic 4 where he goes off-screen and then punches the floor, the floor starts crumbling and Sonic has only one chance to attack otherwise he will die -, Sonic goes back in time before Eggman does the attack with the Chaos Emerald still in his (Sonic's) hand, repeat...

That seems like a pretty good idea. It's not overly complicated, and utilizes the times stones pretty well...

Seems pointless. Honestly:

If you want to use the time stones in the battle, either give them to Eggman so he can go wild with them or give Sonic a move in his standard moveset (that is, not something he's only able to do in this fight) that's granted by the time stones and build the fight around it. I think anything else is going to feel weird and forced.

Seems pointless. Honestly:

If you want to use the time stones in the battle, either give them to Eggman so he can go wild with them or give Sonic a move in his standard moveset (that is, not something he's only able to do in this fight) that's granted by the time stones and build the fight around it. I think anything else is going to feel weird and forced.

Edited by woolythehedgehog

Very nice so far Wooly! I'm excited for this fangame actually. :D

Also, I'm glad to see you added in Espio and Fang. I've always thought they're under appriceated characters.

So i see you changed the name, guessing you were getting too much flack for naming it SA3 huh?

Might as well change the topic title too.

Sonic Adventure... SS.

SASS

SA55

SA-55.

Sonic-Colours-Orbot.png

i c wut u did thar.

Wish you luck with this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

So i see you changed the name, guessing you were getting too much flack for naming it SA3 huh?

Might as well change the topic title too.

Not really, I originally decided to call it SA3 as in a third adventure style game, but I figured that it wasn't really necessary to call it that, and I changed it to SASS. Also calling this game SA3 did honestly kind of ruin it a little for me, since I DO wish Sega would actually make SA3 (Not just the style)...

Also, I was going to change the topic title, but I'm somewhat new to SSMB, and I don't really know how to do that...

Edit your first post, you'll have access to change your topic title.

Thanks... Now it's different.

Actually...

I was planning on giving Sonic the ability to use the Time Stones at free will once he collects them all. That is, with some small sort of penalty, like ten or twenty rings taken away... (Although, unlike the Chaos Emeralds, the times stones are collected through progression in the story.) In the storyline Sonic is likely, meaning I haven't completely decided on it yet, not going to have ALL of the time stones until right before the final boss (Of the last story), or a few stages before it... Meaning that for most of the game, you play without being able to screw with time, but are able to go back to levels and use the Time Stones at free will. Another thing though, is that after completely every story mode, all playable characters will be able to use the time stones...

On another storyline related note-------------------------------------------------

Here are what I've gathered so far on each players storylines...

**UPDATED 8/3/11**

Background:

It's that time of month again... The month of the Little Planet...

Right after the events of SA2, a party is thrown for the heroes. Not everyone is in attendance though, as Knuckles is away returning the Master Emerald to its staple... Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman, and a few other characters that are not relevant to the story are there though. The party goes on for a short period, but Metal Sonic quickly breaks in, and Eggman escapes with him. After this, each character goes on to do there own thing...

Sonic:

Sonic quickly goes and chases Eggman, crossing a bridge (the first stage) and coming upon a new city... During Sonic story, he mostly spends his time chasing after Eggman, but doesn't know what he is up to... (Explained in final story.)

Tails:

As for Tails, he runs off with Sonic, as like in most Sonic games. After the first stage though he realizes that Sonic is only trying to chase Eggman with little thought but still follows him around for a short time, he later goes on his own way though, for reason I'm not sure of yet...

Knuckles:

Knux's story starts off right as Sonic and friends return to Earth. Knuckles returns to Angel Island, and races to return the Master. (A Sonic 3 style Angel Island is his first stage.) As he reaches the emerald's shrine, he is quickly attacked by Fang the Sniper. Surprised, Knuckles fights back (Boss) and ends up shattering the emerald, and losing the pieces... Both Knuckles and Fang run off to find the emerald. Knuckles spends his story in a rivalry with him...

Amy:

As Sonic & Tails run off to chase Eggman, Amy oddly, does not follow Sonic, and stays at the disrupted party. She figures Sonic will be able to take him down, and plans to enjoy life waiting for Sonic's return. She though, is not aware that Metal Sonic is still around... Metal Sonic comes back, and captures Amy and flies away with her, planning to take her to a Eggman's base. (Why Eggman wants to capture Amy hasn't been decided yet...) Luckily for her, she manages to break free, and ends up in a new area. She explores the area, and goes through (at least) a level, that is, before Metal comes back... She is taken to Eggman's base, and thrown in a jail cell... She ends up escaping the jail, and goes through a few levels escaping Eggman. Also out, Eggman takes things into his own hands, she defeats him, and escapes. She meets back up with Sonic, and her story ends...

Omega:

Eggman had created his final, most powerful E-Series robot ever, after the events of Sonic Adventure. Secretly activating him by remote control as Shadow falls to Earth, and instructs him on catch him as he falls. Afterwards, Omega goes through an introductory segment, like Gamma, and is told to destroy Sonic and his friends. At the end of Omega's story, he is sealed inside Eggman's facility...

Espio:

Another character I haven't thought about that much, but I do think I'll be having him snoop around with his ninja skills, and likely investigate the little planet...

Last:

Not completely sure. Thinking I may have Sonic and friends are likely to battle through Eggman's final base though... As it comes to an end, Sonic faces Eggman alone, and finds out that while Sonic's been chasing him, Eggman has gathered the Chaos Emeralds, and a final battle begins...

Well that there is what I have for the story so far...

Also, each character is supposed to have at least one stage on the Little Planet...

Have any ideas...? I'd LOVE to hear 'em! biggrin.gif

I think most of the story ideas are good, but for me tails and knuckles ones are to close to SA1 and SA2 I have some ideas if you want.

Tails

Sonic goes after eggman without saying anything to tails, but tails was following sonic and figures it out(kinda angry) tails decides to not go with sonic and thinks that he could take care of eggman alone.Until after sonic time tails receives a message from sonic calling for help and tails goes immediately to rescue sonic, but the message was not from sonic was from eggman who tries to create a trap to capture tails.

Knuckles is on angel island and receives the same message from "sonic", initially he doesn't care because he thinks sonic can defeat eggman alone and that he as a duty to protect the master emerald, but later in the message "sonic" tells him that he as found out some secrets about the echidna race and knuckles starts to get interested and decides to go help sonic and get that new information(that was obvious false because it was eggman trying to trick him in to going to to the planet.So he hires the chaotix to protect the master emerald while he is gone.

And maybe espio.

Vector tells espio to go guard the master emerald while he and charmy stay him the agency trying to get more jobs, later when espio is guarding the emerald he gets attack by fang and he takes the emerald.Espio goes after him and then[continuation of knuckles story]he finds knuckles that already as encountered with fang and when they fought the master emerald was shattered and now knuckles as to after the shards and tells espio to go after sonic and to find out the secret about the echidna race.

They are just some ideas you don't have to use them.Just trying to help.biggrin.gif

Edited by redhellc

I think most of the story ideas are good, but for me tails and knuckles ones are to close to SA1 and SA2 I have some ideas if you want.

Tails

Sonic goes after eggman without saying anything to tails, but tails was following sonic and figures it out(kinda angry) tails decides to not go with sonic and thinks that he could take care of eggman alone.Until after sonic time tails receives a message from sonic calling for help and tails goes immediately to rescue sonic, but the message was not from sonic was from eggman who tries to create a trap to capture tails.

They are just some ideas if you don't have to use them.Just trying to help.biggrin.gif

I do like this idea a bit, but I don't know how well it would work out...

Also, this is a forum, and you should try using better grammar. It's a little hard to understand you...

So, uh... Why 'SS'? Does it mean something?

Why yes, yes it does. It stands for "Side Scrolling"... I decided not to call it "Sonic Adventure Side Scrolling" because it seemed long, and made it sound like a 2D version of Sonic Adventure...

I do like this idea a bit, but I don't know how well it would work out...

Also, this is a forum, and you should try using better grammar. It's a little hard to understand you...

Sorry my native language is not English but I will try harder.If there is something you didn't understand tell me and I will try to explain myself better.

Edited by redhellc

Sorry my native language is not English but I will try harder.If there is something you didn't understand tell me and I will try to explain myself better.

Oh man sorry, I feel kind mean know. I really wasn't trying to be... :/ I'm just saying it's a little hard to understand you sometimes, no offense.

*QUICK UPDATE*

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm planning on uploading another tech demo some time. I don't really know when it'll be out, but hopefully before schools starts again for me... ¬.¬

This demo will feature both Sonic & Tails playable, and have them both run though a different test level...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man sorry, I feel kind mean know. I really wasn't trying to be... :/ I'm just saying it's a little hard to understand you sometimes, no offense.

*QUICK UPDATE*

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm planning on uploading another tech demo some time. I don't really know when it'll be out, but hopefully before schools starts again for me... ¬.¬

This demo will feature both Sonic & Tails playable, and have them both run though a different test level...

No problem, I know my English isn't perfect. And as I said before if you need help understanding anything I said just tell me, because I will help you right away.

Sorry if this comes along a little dick-ish, but I couldn't help laughing a bit here. If you're going to tell somebody to have better grammar, at least make sure you are making that same effort yourself. "I feel kind mean know" in particular...

Woolys grammar is fine.

He is not hard to understand at all.

He wasnt telling the other guy to be perfect.

Your just being over critical trying to make him look bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woolys grammar is fine.

He is not hard to understand at all.

He wasnt telling the other guy to be perfect.

Your just being over critical trying to make him look bad.

Thank you Dan...

Also, sorry for little news or info on this game lately, I've been a bit busy with life, and I'm working on another tech demo. This time with Tails playable (I think I already said that though)... I don't really have that much to report on.

By the way, for anyone who's wondering about stages, I was planning on doing some more concept art when I get done with making the demo. I have a few ideas...

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the early character select screen. It's pretty simple, but I think it looks nice and gets the job done...

http://imageshack.us...terselecta.png/

Sorry, but the forum no longer allows me to post the images here directly like before (at least not the way I did it before) and so I'm resorting to ImageShack... :/

Edited by Wooly-san

*NEW BUILD DEMO!*

Hey everyone, it's been a while (a little more than 2 months) since the very first demo, and I figured it was time for another demo. You can download it off the website here.

This new demo features Tails now playable, some improvements, 2 brand new test levels (1 for Sonic, 1 for Tails) and a menu/character select. I hope you enjoy!

Please give all the constructive criticism you can!

Edited by Wooly-san