Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Ep. 2 coming in the 'near future'

theglAdosty636

So SEGA's Takashi Iizuka has told Siliconera that episode 2 will come in the "near future."

"We named Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, so there will be an episode 2. Since this year is the 20th anniversary of Sonic we wanted to focus on Sonic Generations. We don’t have a release date or anything, but, we can tell you it will be in the near future."

Link to story

The sun will also rise tomorrow.

This article was completely pointless and the writer deserves a facepalm. xP

I was thinking that it was strange the other day that there was no word of Episode 2 at E3. It's not even a full game, only like 4 levels to make. Does it really take that long to make? Or are they attempting to fix anything people were complaining about? If so, they should copy/pasta whatever the hell Classic Sonic in Generations is doing, XD.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt it'll happen, but it would be very neat for a sudden out-of-the-blue surprise release around Sonic's birthday.

They need to release something then, even if it's just an XBLA/ PSN/ Virtual Console thing. An SA2 XBLA release would be nice, and they've already confirmed the Game Gear games for the 3DS Virtual Console, so hopefully at least they're likely to come soon.

Maybe they are hangin out to see how well generations will do (or even just the demo), before making the next move and/or eventually changing direction with 4's development?

Just a theory, but given how much critique 4 has gotten, it wouldn't surprise me if thats what they're doing right now.

Note: Despite saying "in the near future" he also say that they wanted to focus on Generations for this year.

Edited by BD3

If Sonic 4 Episode 2 is released next year, I really do think that is far to long to wait between episodes, considering the length of them

If Sonic 4 Episode 2 is released next year, I really do think that is far to long to wait between episodes, considering the length of them

• Thumbs Up 3

inb4 Sonic 4:Ep 2 released on 12/21/12

It all makes sense now.

Anywho, I'd rather them take the chance to fix everything and come back with a better game than EP1. But I hope that they make a Wii game for the love of god D:

At least Sega telling us Episode 2 is in development. *looks at Valve*

• Thumbs Up 2

I was hoping maybe a four, maybe five month wait at the most between episodes.

Looks like we're going to be waiting at least a year. -_-

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF XD

At least Valve's games are always epic, Half-Life being an First-person Shooter masterpiece.

And I always figured Half-Life 2 was (maybe will be) long as hell. Sure, Episode 1 and 2 may be way shorter than the original, but they were still pretty long on their own.

Anyway... I doubt it'll ever be released. If that happens, the series would just get even more hate (and still end up getting plenty of money out of it anyway).

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF XD

At least Valve's games are always epic, Half-Life being an First-person Shooter masterpiece.

And I always figured Half-Life 2 was (maybe will be) long as hell. Sure, Episode 1 and 2 may be way shorter than the original, but they were still pretty long on their own.

Anyway... I doubt it'll ever be released. If that happens, the series would just get even more hate (and still end up getting plenty of money out of it anyway).

I'll agree that Episode 2 was good, but Episode 1 was crappy.

I'll agree that Episode 2 was good, but Episode 1 was crappy.

Yeah, the second was way better. And nevetheless, I feel that the original Half-Life 2 was even better. But I can't recall a part in HL2 that was so fucking frustrating. It was a huge gunfight with Combine Overwatch soldiers. Not sure if it was Episode 1 or 2.

I can't remember, but I doubt it was Ep 1 since that one I remember being stupidly easy.

Still, this is off-topic. Let's just agree that Episode One's are always the worst in a series. :P Star Wars, Half Life 2 and hopefully Sonic 4.

I liked Star Wars Episode 1 D:

It's the only Star Wars movie that I seriously can't sit through without something distracting my attention.

Seriously, how can ANYONE think Sonic 4: Episode 2 won't be released?

First and foremost, it made Sega a buttload of money. Secondly, the fans who complain about physics completely ruining the game are an incredibly small minority compared to the thousands upon thousands of fans eagerly waiting for the second episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have come to the conclusion that Sonic 4 Episode 2 has been canceled. Don't get me wrong, I don't really believe that, but I might as well believe it. E3, Sonic's 20th anniversary and SoS 2011 have passed and still no word on S4E2. What's the next gaming event, PAX? Gamescom? They both begin in August. Does that mean we'll have to wait two more months before we see anything of S4E2? By that time, it will have been 10 months since Episode 1 came out and 6 months since Episode 2's announcement. Either Sega and Dimps are taking their sweet time with this one (which I hope) or the game has become vaporware.

Despite the fact that Iizuka and SoA community team have said it's in development? It ain't canned, just has a larger budget and longer dev time. We should be happy about that! It means more time to iron out the kinks and to present slicker graphics.

Tokyo Game Show could also be a possibility for a potential announcement. Or it could just mean we won't be seeing episode 2 until 2012. Far too early to be declaring VAPORWARE!!!

Sonic 4 should just fade away like Sonic 06. They are similar in some ways.

If it were called Sonic DL Episdoe 1 or something, I woudn't be too against it.

I know what I said was hyperbole. I would like for the developers to take as much time as they want. I just want to see something of the game.