Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Ep. 2 coming in the 'near future'

theglAdosty636

I know what I said was hyperbole. I would like for the developers to take as much time as they want. I just want to see something of the game.

But it still would make no sense to make something in complete paralell to Episode 1. Like such an improvment that you can't make out that it's part of the Sonic 4 Series,and be inconsistent is some way or another.

There shoudn't be a Sonic 4. Just like there shoudn't be a reboot of the Series.

Sega.. As much as I love you, this is bull shit.

Shoulda been out within the first 6 months of this year.

Not waiting a fucking full house year.

Thats retarded sega, and yes, IM MAD, BRO.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

So, I know everybody has said it's taken too long, we're surprised no news yet, yadda yadda, but I'm curious: Is anybody excited to hear what they're doing with it? I am, I actually enjoyed S4, even though it definitely had flaws, it's still a fun game, and I look forward to seeing what they have next for us.

So, I know everybody has said it's taken too long, we're surprised no news yet, yadda yadda, but I'm curious: Is anybody excited to hear what they're doing with it? I am, I actually enjoyed S4, even though it definitely had flaws, it's still a fun game, and I look forward to seeing what they have next for us.

Heck yeah, I'm excited. Episode 1 was fun, but after playing through levels that only felt semi-new, I'm looking forward to playing some entirely new levels in classic Sonic style.

At least, I hope that's the direction they go in.

Call me crazy but im more excited for episode 2 than generations in ways.

Probably because of the possibilty of seeing new stages rather than old ones that have been remade.

Well i am as excited as i was for Episode 1!

And if can see a little Co-op with Tails that would be awesome!

Why is everyone saying that ep.2 is cancelled or is taking too long? It's obvious that Sonic team is waiting to see how classic sonic's gameplay is recived in generations, so that they can implment more Fan feedback into ep.2. That's really the only reason ep.2 is taking so long, it's so that Sonic Team can create better gameplay for us. Either way, Ep.2 will come out either early 2012, maybe in Feburary, or late 2012 in October.

Seriously, how can ANYONE think Sonic 4: Episode 2 won't be released?

First and foremost, it made Sega a buttload of money. Secondly, the fans who complain about physics completely ruining the game are an incredibly small minority compared to the thousands upon thousands of fans eagerly waiting for the second episode.

That small minority got Sonic 4: Episode 1 delayed so that it's physics got tweaked (it was only a little bit, though) and influenced Sonic Generations physics, which are a lot closer to the classic Genesis games. Just pointing that out. I'm not saying that the small minority will get the game cancelled, though.

Sonic 4 was delayed so they could add very significant stuff like being able to walk off the screen at the end of the level.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 4 was delayed so they could add very significant stuff like being able to walk off the screen at the end of the level.

That's a little harsh.

Yes, they added that ability, but they also COMPLETELY rebuilt two entire acts. The physics are still awful, but had the game not been delayed there would be no "World of Darkness" and there would be no "Road of Cards."

I remember reading an article back in August where Sega had told everybody the "new" features they put in the game, like adding Sonic's rolling feet, being able to walk off the screen, and the ability to continue from act to act like Sonic 1 and 2. And I remember this one dude pissed at them and bashing them for calling these things new features, and that they should have been in at the very start of the game. Pretty much every else on the blog agreed with him.

Generations is my Sonic 4. Sorry Sega.

This. The physics actually make sense in Generations.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that they made ceiling-running a new feature! :lol:

Edited by Yeow95

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I pop in to see if there is new info only to see my hopes and dreams crushed. :(

That small minority got Sonic 4: Episode 1 delayed so that it's physics got tweaked (it was only a little bit, though) and influenced Sonic Generations physics, which are a lot closer to the classic Genesis games. Just pointing that out. I'm not saying that the small minority will get the game cancelled, though.

The way the physics are in Sonic Generations has absolutely no influence from Sonic 4. Sonic 4's physics were by Dimps, and they were copy+paste from Sonic Rush. Sonic Generations (the console version) has absolutely nothing to do with Dimps, and yes the physics are much closer to the classics, but again, Dimps had no part in it. PolygonJim at Sonic Retro proved that the classic gameplay in Generations actually uses the same physics that modern Sonic's gameplay uses while it switches to 2D mode, just with lowered speed values.

Also I realized that you may have been talking about the 3DS version of Generations, which is indeed also made by Dimps. E3 videos of Generations 3DS proved that the physics for classic Sonic are just as bad as Sonic 4, and not closer to the classics (which makes sense, seeing as the 3DS version is entirely Dimps).

The way the physics are in Sonic Generations has absolutely no influence from Sonic 4. Sonic 4's physics were by Dimps, and they were copy+paste from Sonic Rush. Sonic Generations (the console version) has absolutely nothing to do with Dimps, and yes the physics are much closer to the classics, but again, Dimps had no part in it. PolygonJim at Sonic Retro proved that the classic gameplay in Generations actually uses the same physics that modern Sonic's gameplay uses while it switches to 2D mode, just with lowered speed values.

nope.avi

RubyEclipse himself confirmed that feedback based on Sonic 4's physics were used while building the physics for Generations.

The second point is the one Webber and many at Sega will be held accountable for. Webber said classic Sonic will have physics closer to the classic games than at any point beyond the core games in the past 20 years, and that classic and modern Sonic hold separate mechanics.

“Classic Sonic has his own set of distinct physics, which are closer to the classics than anything since – including Sonic 4: Ep1,” Webber said.

In a later post, Webber says the game has been in development “for quite some time,” and that critics of Sonic 4: Episode 1 should be surprised when they pick up Generations.

“When you play it, I think you’ll find that a number of key issues you may have had with physics in Sonic 4 have been completely addressed,” he said.

Last May, we exclusively reported, as part of a piece detailing changes being made to the console editions of Sonic 4: Episode I, a lack of current comprehension regarding classic Sonic mechanics, a principal reason the Sonic 4 physics were not tweaked accordingly. It was and still is not clear whether that lack of knowledge extended to just Dimps or the whole of Sega, nor is it clear, in either case, whether those circumstances have changed.

Edited by Ananze
  • Thumbs Up 1