Awoo.

Crash & Spyro

Johnny Boy

Crash and Spyro were one of my favorite games on the Playstation.

All the trailers of the new Skylanders game I've came across on youtube has A LOT more dislikes then likes... I think the game looks pretty cool but Spyro doesn't seem like he's the main character in it cause of the all the new characters in the game.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Crash's new games haven't exactly been..amazing, but they haven't been anywhere near awful either. I think they're still good, fun platforming games to play through when you can. Though, they don't hold up to the original, they're still pretty good games.

Spyro on the other hand, looks like his game turned into one of those cheap games you see on TV commercials where these kids get so overly excited about buying collectible monsters and plugging them into the game to "challenge their friends." It just..doesn't look like a video game to me. Much less one for Spyro.

I still don't even know why Activision shoehorned the Spyro franchise into Skylanders....I'm pretty sure the game could had done well on it's own with a new character instead of Spyro or the other existing characters as a whole.

Although I kinda liked Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant, I don't like them as Crash games. It's kinda like Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts: It is a really fun game in my opinion, but doesn't feel like a real Banjo game.

I would love to see another Crash game like Twinsanity, not because of the Team Gameplay, but because it was open and you had much more to explore. I love the other crash games, mainly the first three of course, but the ideas of Warped for example combined with the open worlds of Twinsanity... That would be my perfect Crash game. And seeing what is possible today compared to back then, and they still managed to create such awesome games like the classic trilogy, they could make something like that relatively easy if they wanted to, so why aren't they doing that? I bet a lot of people would buy it, so it should be worth it for everyone (still hoping activision gives Crash back to naughty dog, maybe that'll help).

I owned Spyro 2 and Crash Bandicoot warped and have recently played through them and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also did anyone else have Crash Team Racing for the PS1? I remember that being a quality game :)

Again, have to state that Naughty Dog and Insomniac aren't interested in getting them back, especially the latter. While ND merely made a contract with Sony so that it turns out that they never owned Crash, Insomniac decided to pass Spyro on because they'd run out of ideas on utility, especially since he couldn't do things like hold a gun (seriously, that was their example). I personally wouldn't trust either of them if they got the franchises back.

I owned Spyro 2 and Crash Bandicoot warped and have recently played through them and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also did anyone else have Crash Team Racing for the PS1? I remember that being a quality game smile.png

I had all 3 crashes with crash bash and CTR but not full spyro game instead a demo of the first one.

I just recently started playing the first Crash Bandicoot for the first time ever thanks to a free gift, and I absolutely hated every single minute of it even though I went in optimistic given the series's reputation. Terrible controls and terrible level design. Don't know if the later games get any better but going off my frustrations with the first one I'm not sorry the series is essentially dead now.

I just recently started playing the first Crash Bandicoot for the first time ever thanks to a free gift, and I absolutely hated every single minute of it even though I went in optimistic given the series's reputation. Terrible controls and terrible level design. Don't know if the later games get any better but going off my frustrations with the first one I'm not sorry the series is essentially dead now.

Not to be rude but if your JUST NOW starting to get into the series of course it wont be as memorable and good compared to someone who played it when it first came out. Back then it was considered pretty damn good. but now, seeing how that game aged and comparing it with controls and level layout of games today i wouldn't blame you for hating it. It has a special place in me though since it was one of the first ps1 games i played. Edited by the hedgehogs boost

Yes, Crash 1 is crap compared to 2 and 3.

Seriously, just play either of those and then see if you dislike the series style. They're much more accurate to the style that people love.

Edited by VEDJ-F

The spyro series was pretty good up until the reboot. Eternal night was just a pain. And Dawn of the dragon was ok to me. That series just can't get my attention anymore. And crash.He's more of a joke than ever sadly. Its a good thing they stopped with that other project they were going to make. A disappointment that insomniac won't take them back yes. But could you blame them after the disaster both have had? It's really gonna take a miracle for me to pay attention to those games...

Although i loved Mind over mutants way of telling the story.

And Crash purple and spyro orange. Those games....Just a disappointment. i just felt there really wasn't that much you know "Crossover" In the game.

Not to be rude but if your JUST NOW starting to get into the series of course it wont be as memorable and good compared to someone who played it when it first came out. Back then it was considered pretty damn good. but now, seeing how that game aged and comparing it with controls and level layout of games today i wouldn't blame you for hating it. It has a special place in me though since it was one of the first ps1 games i played.

I'm sorry but being in the mentality of a 10 year old in the 90s won't make trying to control a character in 3D with a dpad any less painful. I'm sure the less-patient 10 year old me would've hated it even more than I am now.

I'm sorry but being in the mentality of a 10 year old in the 90s won't make trying to control a character in 3D with a dpad any less painful. I'm sure the less-patient 10 year old me would've hated it even more than I am now.

I'm not sayin it wasn't crap. It was. but when 3d platforming was still pretty new to the game industry of course a few kinks would be here and there. It was new. Plus a good example of a game that hasn't aged well.

anyway ya,Play crash 2 and 3. there WAAAY better than 1.

Hey guys, I know what happened to Crash and Spyro. It even happened to Sonic.

He happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyP16Qg3UP4

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger got all of them; and after he attacked them the quality of the games in their respective series dropped. And believe it or not, for the most part it's kinda true, too.

Spyro: The negatively recieved Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was released a few months after Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Sonic: Sonic Heroes (mixed to positive) was first released in Japan a year after Ty the Tasmanian Tiger was released.

Crash: The Gamecube version (all three regions) and the Xbox version (JP region) of Crash: Wrath of Cortex (mixed to fair reviews) were released after Ty the Tasmanian Tiger as well, ranging from either a few days later, weeks later, or months later. Although Crash: Wrath of Cortex was first released on the PS2 (all regions) a year earlier; and the NA and EU Xbox versions were released months before.

In other news, a couple of months earlier this is what Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg had to say about Crash on Kotaku:

I don't have anything official to announce, but I can speak as an individual...I love Crash Bandicoot. Those were some of my favorite games growing up. And I would love to find a way to bring him back, if we could.
Edited by Zinos

I had Crash 1-3, CTR, and Bash on PS1, still do actually. Good times.

Wrath of Cortex for PS2 was good, loved Twinsanity and Nitro Cart, and Tag Team Racing was fun.

Can't say I really liked Crash of The Titans or Mind over Mutant, both definitely strayed a little to far from its roots on the PS1. And why those horrible redesigns? The redesigns they had in Twinsanity were so much better looking.

Still, I'm kinda sad that there hasn't been a new Crash game since Mutant.

As for Spyro, I only had a demo disc of the original but never actually played any of the games.

Edited by Travis Touchdown

Yeah, controlling Crash 1 sucks. PS1 controllers of the time had no analog sticks. 2 and 3 have analog control, as well as significantly better everything else. 1 has aged really poorly, but I'd say 2 and 3 are still decently playable today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, I know what happened to Crash and Spyro. It even happened to Sonic.

He happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyP16Qg3UP4

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger got all of them; and after he attacked them the quality of the games in their respective series dropped. And believe it or not, for the most part it's kinda true, too.

Spyro: The negatively recieved Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was released a few months after Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Sonic: Sonic Heroes (mixed to positive) was first released in Japan a year after Ty the Tasmanian Tiger was released.

Crash: The Gamecube version (all three regions) and the Xbox version (JP region) of Crash: Wrath of Cortex (mixed to fair reviews) were released after Ty the Tasmanian Tiger as well, ranging from either a few days later, weeks later, or months later. Although Crash: Wrath of Cortex was first released on the PS2 (all regions) a year earlier; and the NA and EU Xbox versions were released months before.

In other news, a couple of months earlier this is what Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg had to say about Crash on Kotaku:

This suddenly explains whey all 3 of them went through a design shift. They all needed plastic surgery!

Seriously though, I only played Ty 1 and 2 and they're both pretty average platformers, not very remarkable

Edited by Grooseinator032

That really is such a bad commercial. It's basically just shouting "Look! Look! I'm a new mascot with attitude!"

I like how it seems like Sonic became Modern Sonic from that, considering his Green eyes, and it looks like he had to grow back his fur from how the cast looked. And it grew back longer than before.

Thanks Ty, you brought us Modern Sonic!

• Thumbs Up 1