Awoo.

Crash & Spyro

Johnny Boy

note to everyone: Universal (who originally owned the right of crash STILL owns it till now expect the developers are not the same) and the current publisher is Activision of course but not Radical entertainment for some reasons.

LOL @ TY nowhere being found and Sonic is recovering from the Dark ages and running around again.

Not to mention Ty's games sold like shit.

Still it's a shame that out of the two of them, Spyro is the only one that is still somewhat surviving.

I've never liked Spyro. I've played several games, just never have. (No offence to any Spyro fans.)

Crash on the other hand, I've always enjoyed. All the game's I've played were all enjoyable...until 2007. Yes, they added a multi-player mode, and that was a good addition, but seriously, they totally re-designed Crash, they also made his brain shrink as well. Crash Twinsanity, has to be my favorite Crash Bandicoot game to date, it's just like the Classic's, all I have to say about it is, it's short and pretty easy to beat. Other than that, I want all Crash Bandicoot game's to be on the line of Twinsanity. Yet, he hasn't starred in a game since '08. (Unless you count that Mobile Phone game last year.) Which the series isn't dead, because they have a contract that say's if they don't use the Crash Bandicoot name in Merchandise, Gaming or Clothing for seven years, the serie's will be up for grabs by any company.

Edited by Strange-Hedgehog

I loved Crash Bandicoot. Never played the first two, but Warped is like one of my favorite PS1 games ever. I liked the racing games and Crash Bash, but TWOC felt too generic to me. Twinsanity was pretty fun too. I hated Ctash of the Titans, and thus never tried out MoM.

One thing though, wasn't Activision suppose to make a Crash game back in 2010, but it got cancelled or something. The concept art looked cool though.

I never got into Spyro, but I did play the first and third game on PS1. Even though I don't have any nostalgic value for him, I still feel sorry for the Spyro fans who have to suffer through gimmicky games like Skylanders.

I remember when Naughty Dog just let go of the characte altogether. (Crash) It felt like we were all saying goodbye to the little guy that was the demo for the PSX. If he were to comeback, in any shape or form. Just to see him running around on current gen hardware would be a fun tease. Wait as second, maybe an easter egg in Uncharted? It does revolve around the same setup. You never know with team ND.

Spyro.. fun series, I only played the first game. But it felt like that was was all it could handle. I heard of another game that made his return. Quest of the Dragon I believe was its title. Now Skylanders.. doesn't really catch on anymore.

Spyro The Dragon is and always will be my favorite gaming series of all time. I hate how they rebooted Spyro it really disappointed me and the Skylanders reboot is no better. I heard Spyros name isnt even said in the story and he aint even the main character, just the main selling point. Spyro just seems to be one of those series that will never return to its former glory as the best game made without Insomniac developing it was Enter The Dragonfly, which is terrible because that game was nothing but a big glitch that I actually learnt how to exploit when I was a kid. A Hero's Tail detracted from that gameplay completely and I was very disappointed and the fact that I hadda return my copy of the game twice because it refused to work on Christmas morning didnt help it either. The GBA games were really good and actually did capture the old feel of Insomniac but unfortunately developers seem to have forgotten about them completely.

Crash Bandicoot is another classic series which I used to love and hate at the same time. I enjoyed the "realism" feel of it with all the enemies being based on somewhat real animals and objects and all the inspired environments as well as the funny death animations. This game used to make me scream and cry and I would constantly fall to my death or get killed at the last minute. Warped was my favorite I still play it to this day tryna get everything. Hasnt happened yet but it will someday. Crash Team Racing is also the ONLY Mario Kart clone that can actually surpass it in some instances. Crash seems to have taken the same path as Spyro where as a developer attempted to recreate the old feel and succeeded, but than they came out with Twinsanity which like A Hero's Tail was an okay game that somewhat got the old style right, but rly detracted alot from the experience. The newer Crash Bandicoot games are so ridiculous and redesigned that its considered a reboot, and like Spyro and horrible reboot. There tryna act like Crash Bandicoot is a saturday morning cartoon now or something. I like that they added co-op but hate the zany new stupidity they came up with in the recent decade. I havent heard of any new games being developed after Mind Over Mutant. The GBA Crash games, like the Spyro ones, were really good and captured the feeling of the original perfectly and have also been forgotten by developers.

Its funny how Spyro The Dragon and Crash Bandicoot both had similar situations with there series and how they were handled by different developers. We can only merely hope that someday they both return to there former glory and our childhood memories could be relived once again.

LOL @ TY nowhere being found and Sonic is recovering from the Dark ages and running around again.

Hm...

Mesa been tinkin'.

Mesa tink dat one udda reasons why Sonic gets ripped into so much, other than the obvious reasons, is because all of the other major mascots were either really successful (Mario), pretty much 6 ft below ground (Crash & Ty), or barely hanging on and just not much satisfaction is gained out of pointing fingers at (Spyro?). Sonic also suffered a near downfall (YMMV), but is slowly climbing back up, and people, in a stupid attempt to gain "cool points" with the Fan Dumb (not us), pointed fingers at Sonic.

I was a big Spyro fan. I asked my dad to buy me a PS1 just because I saw the promotional poster of Spyro 2 at the mall and that it was so cool. I actually thought A Hero's Tail was pretty good though. Not amazing like the originals, but good nonetheless. I still don't know why they kept shuffling him to so many developers. It's like each developer got bored with the IP or they just screwed it up, or they turned it into something else made a trilogy and then did away with it. Ugh! Such a mess. What will happen to Spyro after Skylanders? Who knows. The next game will probably just have Spryo as an NPC or something .

• 5 weeks later...

Unseen64 made a video about crash bandicoot 2010

Also, I want to say for those who don't know why naughty dog isn't making any crash games any more is because that they originally made a contract with Universal (who still owns the rights still now) for 4 crash games and then give it to another developer and this is what they originally planned to do.

So please stop being such brat about whenever I mention crash or spyro.

So, yeah, Skylanders turned out to be a massive hit and already has a sequel in the works for later this year. Looks like Spyro ain't going anywhere.

That is, unless Activision only planned on attaching Spyro's name to the project for the sake of drawing in fans expecting an actual Spyro title and gradually phase him out of future Skylanders games. Which, let's not kid ourselves, wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Being a fan of Crash and Spyro feels like being a former Sonic fan who stopped playing the games after the Genesis.

I love Crash and Spyro. I played the PS1 games to death (Spyro moreso than Crash) when I was little. I even went out of my of gradually tracking down the Spyro trilogy and the Crash Collectors edition set (Crash3 CTR & Bash) a couple years back, and while they were still fun as hell, they haven't aged well.

The gameplay just feels too shallow now compared to todays standards, and especially compared to their successors. The characters, the story, and the setting alone blow them out of the water. Their gameplay just puts the last nail in the coffin.

They're a relic of an dead age that are long past their prime.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this because Charles, the original crash bandicoot artist has signed into the Bring Back Bandicoot petition and brought some awesome sketches for the petition (Probably the guys like me at CM forums need a new and updated video about the petition)

Article: http://www.animation...rash-bandicoot-

Forum topic: http://www.animation....php?f=4&t=3677

One picture of his sketches:

post-3252-0-10231100-1340861433_thumb.jp

Bumping this because Charles, the original crash bandicoot artist has signed into the Bring Back Bandicoot petition and brought some awesome sketches for the petition (Probably the guys like me at CM forums need a new and updated video about the petition)

Article: http://www.animation...rash-bandicoot-

Forum topic: http://www.animation....php?f=4&t=3677

One picture of his sketches:

Even though I never played any Crash games, I have to say this is really heart warming that the actual aritst of Crash is supporting this. I wish the original creator of Spyro or someone of the original development team would do the same for Spyro. Edited by lounge

Well that's good to hear. Maybe Crash has a chance at a comeback after all.

Crash Bandicoot was the guy that got me hooked on videogames, without him, who knows what I would be doing right now. XP So, I would really like to see him return.

Just Charles? Motwera, you're doing discredit to him.

Charles Zembillas is an awesome character concept artist, and was always one of the best things about the franchise. He did work on Crash, Spyro and Jak and Daxter just to name a few things.

Although I don't know if even his pedigree will have much bearing on things...

Edited by VEDJ-F

Wait this is the same Charles that made Spyro? If so that's amazing. I want to see what he thinks of the new Spyro design in Skylanders and the series in general lol!

Wait this is the same Charles that made Spyro? If so that's amazing. I want to see what he thinks of the new Spyro design in Skylanders and the series in general lol!

Yep, one and the same. He has a gallery of the concepts here.

As for what he'd think...I'm not sure. I know that he's far more lenient than most about other people changing his designs, but I honestly couldn't say.