Awoo.

Sonic 1 and 2 soundtrack compilation coming!

mikeblastdude

http://www.thedailydl.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-soundtrack-compilation-announced/

With Sonic’s 20th anniversary right around the corner, Sega is just pumping out the goodness. It was recently announced that they will release a soundtrack containing all the music from the original Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 some time this summer. Apart from the ingame music, the compilation will also come with a reprint of the original Sonic 1 demotape of the games’ composer Masato Nakamura (of DREAMS COME TRUE), as well as a recording of Sonic 2′s demotape and several other bonus tracks. So far the compilation has only been announced for Japan, but let’s hope Sega doesn’t forget about their western fans.

I'm really interested in hearing these demotapes and bonus tracks!

This is really awesome that they're doing this. Hopefully we get something like this for Sonic 3 & Knuckles as well later on.

With Sonic’s 20th anniversary right around the corner, Sega is just pumping out the goodness. It was recently announced that they will release a soundtrack containing all the music from the original Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 some time this summer. Apart from the ingame music, the compilation will also come with a reprint of the original Sonic 1 demotape of the games’ composer Masato Nakamura (of DREAMS COME TRUE), as well as a recording of Sonic 2′s demotape and several other bonus tracks. So far the compilation has only been announced for Japan, but let’s hope Sega doesn’t forget about their western fans.

rj076c.jpg

I... think I may actually pick this one up. JUST for the demo tape tracks!

Someone will just put them on YouTube.

They can put them where they like. I'll just be happy with the CD that you know is going to tripple in value the moment it hits sold out status.

I don't see what the big deal is.

That's fine. You didn't have to really make that statement, though.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't see what the big deal is.

I'll make it easier to understand then new guy, The original sonic 1-3&knuckles music was never released in original soundtrack form (I believe 1 game's soundtrack was released but i'm not sure). Fans have been wanting SEGA to officially release the music for years but only have released a few select tracks in best of albums. Fans have since resorted to game rips and such to fulfill their needs.

You should edit your comment before your negative repped any farther.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But what I'm wondering is is SEGA going to pull a "20th anniversary edition" and leave a few select tracks out to make it all fit on 1 CD, or is this going to be all tracks?

Those demo tapes are worth buying this CD alone, maybe we will hear something new that we have never heard before...

That's fine. You didn't have to really make that statement, though.

That's true. But what's althe hype? It's only another Musical Compilation of the 1st 2 games that can be found mainly any where.

Is it the Disc Art or the presentation people are going to get all excited about?

• Thumbs Up 2

That's true. But what's althe hype? It's only another Musical Compilation of the 1st 2 games that can be found mainly any where.

Is it the Disc Art or the presentation people are going to get all excited about?

Did you even bother reading what i said?...

Bonus tracks and original demo tapes.

the original demo tapes.

the origunal demu tayps

der orignl dimsa dsajkfldsafas

asdfjkldsafjksdafjkdasf

Ready to purchase. Just give me a date, Sega; just give me a date.

• Thumbs Up 3

What about Sonic 3? I prefer Nakamura's OSTs to the Sonic 3 OST(Sorry Sonic 3 fans) but 3 should have been included :huh:

Reasons why it's a big deal.

1: Collectors of Sonic toot will love it.

2: To my knowledge, Sonic 1 & 2 have never been released in an OST of any kind.

3: The un-released demo tracks have never been released.

4: The modding community will be interested in the demo tracks.

And those are the ones I can think up whilst having an argument with someone at ps3trophies.org about why Streets of Rage 2 doesn't need a block button and why emulating a game isn't as good as playing it off the hardware.

Anyway, this news is worthy of the campy dance.

sor3-7.gif

What about Sonic 3? I prefer Nakamura's OSTs to the Sonic 3 OST(Sorry Sonic 3 fans) but 3 should have been included :huh:

Oh right it just hit me, the controversy! Thats why 3&knuckles isn't a part of this.

Oh right it just hit me, the controversy! Thats why 3&knuckles isn't a part of this.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the reason it wasn't included was because these are Nakamura's soundtracks, and that they'd like to keep them seperate or something like that.

They must be grouping them by artist and era, then. Sonic 1 and 2 shared the same theme song and had the same artist.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles will probably get its own collection later.

I wonder to what extent Nakamura is contributing to this soundtrack. I hope we get some insights into how he went about creating the soundtracks for the first two Sonic games or something of that nature.

Or some new pieces of Sonic music just for the heck of it.

I wonder to what extent Nakamura is contributing to this soundtrack. I hope we get some insights into how he went about creating the soundtracks for the first two Sonic games or something of that nature.

Or some new pieces of Sonic music just for the heck of it.

I was thinking the exact same thing. All of the potential bonus material is what has me really interested in this.

I'm way more excited for this than for Generations.

You're more excited for some music you've already heard, than for a brand new Sonic game. A game which will have re-imagined music from both games, anyway? :huh:

Edited by MobileChikane

You seem to have missed the part where

the compilation will also come with a reprint of the original Sonic 1 demotape of the games’ composer Masato Nakamura (of DREAMS COME TRUE), as well as a recording of Sonic 2′s demotape

If I had to choose between Nakamura's demotapes and a new game, I'll gladly tell the new game to fuck right off. Reimagined music means jack shit to me compared to this, especially since the music has been reimagined countless times by both Sega and fans alike and it's pretty hard for me to get too excited about it. The raw deal is something that has never been offered before, and that excites me tremendously.

Also I'm actually sort of entirely a faggot for DCT (the only Sonic-contributing band that I ended up liking) and would love to have even more of their stuff.