Awoo.

Sonic & The impossible facebook competition

Badnik Mechanic

So Sega just announced on their facebook page a new competition for us Sonic fans!

Win a stay at the Alton Towers Sonic Hotel Room & Park tickets!! COOL!

Well... yes except theres a problem.

The room is booked for the 23rd June 2011. Yes... this week in 3 days time.

When is the winner picked? 22nd June 2011. huh!? What!? Thats less than 24 hours notice you have when you win.

It gets better...

According to the Terms and conditions.

"Winners will be notified 3 business days after the end of the competition" So that puts it on the 25th (Summer of Sonic) if you include Saturday as a business day, if not it'll be Monday 27th... by which time you will have missed the chance to stay at the hotel.

So lets review, currently you have less than 3 days to plan a trip to Alton Towers which you might not win. You get 4 park tickets which you presumably have to use on the 23rd (the day you arrive) so you must arrive early enough at the park to use them.

But none of that matters as you have less than 24 hours to be get ready for the trip. Assuming you have a time machine to travel back in time after Sega tells you you've won... you can stay at Alton Towers HOORAY!

Competition Terms and Conditions

Sonic facebook page showing the details

*enters the competition anyway*

• Thumbs Up 3

First Jon Gray goes back in time for updates, now SEGA wants the common Sonic fan to do the same to fulfill a competition prize!

Someone bring out the Sonic R soundtrack again, I've got me some Regal Ruins to reference in a relevant but obvious and not funny manner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe they took the contest down cause I don't see the latest update on Sega or Sonic's facebook page.

I entered as well thinking the same things. Then I had a look and while it says the room is booked for 23rd of June on the status, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say that it HAS to be that date, you might be able to cancel the booking and change for a later date, though I guess that would be dependant on Alton Towers' policy.

A stay at Alton Towers? pffffft- back in my day we slaved away for a glimpse at a palm tree.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

They're certainly cutting it fine. It's not as if it's on a weekend either. People have school, college or work to attend and nowhere is going to give you time off at that short notice.

So I've entered, in the event that I win. Since nobody in my family is able to come with me as theres no way they can get time off. Does anyone want to come with? This is in the event I win since I would most likley be bored out of my mind/totally misreable if I went on my own.

I'm asking because I can't see that many people would have entered this one.

Oh wait a second... I can't go either.

23rd is a thursday... you stay the thursday night... leave the friday morning... well... friday morning I'm off to SOS, as are around 600 other people for SOS...

Edited by Hogfather

So I've entered, in the event that I win. Since nobody in my family is able to come with me as theres no way they can get time off. Does anyone want to come with? This is in the event I win since I would most likley be bored out of my mind/totally misreable if I went on my own.

I'm asking because I can't see that many people would have entered this one.

I'd be happy to come with. It's only a 40 minute bus ride for me, but I'd have to call in work sick. Oh well lol

Oooh. Maybe I'll ent- oh wait I have to work the next day. Crap....maybe next time..

This is so funny as I too have entered this, knowing that not only could I not make it there in time, but also that everyone I know is too busy over those two days! Crazy!

Edited by Bob Beaky

This is the most brilliant tie-in with Sonic Generations that I've seen! In a game involving time-travel, it's only fitting that they create a competition that requires time-traveling! It's so smart it's stupid.

To the delorean!

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 5

That's probably why I dont see it.. it's a European competition

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Is this contest still up? I looked on Sega's Facebook page but I didn't see anything about a contest. Not that I plan to take this contest seriously anyway, I'm just gonna enter for fun. I live in America so there's no way that I'd be able to get to Alton Towers in 3 days. :lol:

huh. for osme reason, it's almost impossible for me to view the first page of this thread. o.O (du ask how I posted)

huh, I read those terms and it doens't say anything about June 23rd. o.O

huh. for osme reason, it's almost impossible for me to view the first page of this thread. o.O (du ask how I posted)

huh, I read those terms and it doens't say anything about June 23rd. o.O

"Sonic The Hedgehog

To celebrate Sonic's 20th Anniversary we are offering a nights stay in the Sonic room at Alton Towers and 4 park tickets

Details

Sonic room booked 23rd June "

"Sonic The Hedgehog

To celebrate Sonic's 20th Anniversary we are offering a nights stay in the Sonic room at Alton Towers and 4 park tickets

Details

Sonic room booked 23rd June "

What I'm pretty sure she meant was that whilst the advertisement is for 23rd June, the terms and conditions to not state anywhere that the stay MUST be completed on that date, it simply says you win a stay. Might be able to alter the booking.

Edited by ENVY