Awoo.

Sonic Generations on Wii U

Typical

OK I know I am a new user but I am just saying, I am really annoyed that Sonic Generations is not going to be released on the Wii U. The reason is because "Sega doesn't want to re-realease after 6-8 months or more"

Discuss it here (even though this topic'll die)

Sega can't resist the temptation of porting Generations to the Wii U forever. We'll just tempt them with money.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh just buy a fucking PS3 already. Or an Xbox 360 if you don't care about blu-ray or demons souls.

I can't believe that we've now gone from people saying "Why no Wii version" to "Why no Wii-U version!" A game that isn't out yet, on a console thats over a year away.

If you want generations so badly just buy a second hand PS3/Xbox 360.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 11
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Oh just buy a fucking PS3 already. Or an Xbox 360 if you don't care about blu-ray or demons souls.

I can't believe that we've now gone from people saying "Why no Wii version" to "Why no Wii-U version!" A game that isn't out yet, on a console thats over a year away.

If you want generations so badly just buy a second hand PS3/Xbox 360.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 10
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Good on you towards those who can't afford more than one console.

Why are you annoyed about it? The Wii U isn't even going to be released until next spring/summer, whereas Generations is coming out this holiday. There's really no good reason for them to make it for the Wii-U. Besides the console itself was JUST announced, I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one have absolutely no plans to buy one yet. I want to know first if it's worth it for one, and second, it depends on how much the system costs. I'm glad the game is released on the systems they chose, I'll most likely get it for Xbox (cause I don't own a PS3). So back to my first point, what about their reasoning annoys you? If its because they don't want to re-release the game, then let me tell you that no developer does that. The only game that's been re-released that I can think of is Street Fighter, and that's because Capcom always does the regular one and the super version. Not to mention it would be horrible for business if they chose a release date, just to release the game again, with no changes (see Super Street Fighter compared to regular Street Fighter. There's always huge differences and it's still a bad idea). My advice, don't worry so much about the Wii-U yet. It was just announced and it isn't hitting store shelves for a good few months.

You scared me, for a minute there I thought you were saying Generations was going to be on Wii U (:

Anyway, they might just port it sooner or later. I mean, didn't they port '06 to the PS3 when it was released?

This is Sonic Generations. The big one. It's like a huge once in a lifetime party that you're not invited to, simply because you can't afford the ticket to get in.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

The only game that's been re-released that I can think of is Street Fighter, and that's because Capcom always does the regular one and the super version.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Just buy the 3DS version, it's better cause it doesn't have the wonky classic physics=more precise control. Also the backgrounds in the HD versions are way oversaturated.

And I'm really annoyed that Wii only people are acting like they haven't gotten exclusive Sonic games before.

This is Sonic Generations. The big one. It's like a huge once in a lifetime party that you're not invited to, simply because you can't afford the ticket to get in.

Edited by MugiMikey
  • Thumbs Up 3

Who needs a Wii-U version when nintendo already has the HIGHLY SUPERIOR 3DimpS version

Sonic '06 was a big one too.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I know, I agree, but it was considered a big one since it was an anniversary title.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm not anti-HD in any way, shape, or form, and I can't imagine why anyone would be, so I don't know where the hell you're pulling that from. But I can't just shit out $200+ on command, especially when I still haven't scrounged up the cash for a 3DS, the WiiU is on the horizon, and I need money for the actual games as well. Maybe your gaming budget lets you drop a few hundred on whatever strikes your fancy, but mine's pretty tight.

I don't understand why some people seem so anti-HD consoles.

Edited by Gartocer

You think that it's easy to get $732 for a 360/PS3?

I think you first need to get a bit of knowledge before you talk, because let me tell you that in Argentina THAT'S the price of a PS3 and 360 here ALONE.

Heck, I wasted 614 with 50 cents for my Wii. I don't feel bad for my choice, been saving up for three fucking years. So don't misjudge me when I say I am a pirate, because I am proud to be one.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Wii-U isn't out yet... in order to have generations on the Wii U you have to buy a new console... so if you can't afford a Wii-U when it gets released it doesn't bode well that you'll be able to afford any other system.

Heck, I wasted 614 with 50 cents for my Wii. I don't feel bad for my choice, been saving up for three fucking years. So don't misjudge me when I say I am a pirate, because I am proud to be one.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1