Awoo.

Sonic Generations on Wii U

Typical

This topic is about Generations for the Wii U... not the Nintendo Wii.

Doesn't change the fact that it was the worse Sonic-related piece of turd ever released on a disc.

If you buy a 360 or a PS3, it's not guaranteed that you will enjoy all the games if you like the Nintendo Style. But the Wii U sticks with that style and You can play Wii Games on Wii U, but not on PS3s or 360s

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an example since you think that it's easy to get money for a HD Console.

It is, right?

1. go to bank.

2. rob bank

3. ??????????

4.PROFIT

5. enjoy hd vidya

• Thumbs Up 1

While I understand assuming someone can just buy another console isn't kosher, I still don't understand why should I have empathy for someone who cannot play an exclusive for whatever reason. I don't say this to be mean; I say this because it seems to make the conversation more personal than it needs to be and puts an unnecessary obligation on third-party developers in light of my viewpoint that exclusives have always been a factor within the industry.

Everyone here has missed some game that was exclusive due to the platform, money, location, timing, etc.. Even as a person that has been without certain games I've wanted to play, (Hello, Ratchet and Clank series), I don't expect anyone much less the developer to feel sorry for me and cater to my situation; after all, games aren't a necessity. I may be disappointed for a moment in the decision to make something exclusive, but I still place the responsibility on myself to get my hands on particular consoles, if not now when they're the hottest thing then perhaps later on down the line when price cuts start making them more affordable.

It really is simple situation to me-- I'm either able to get a game or I'm not at the moment, if ever. That's okay with me, and I don't see why this has become so personal nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

And you acknowledged the 3DS version of Generations, why...?

Nah, it's just kind of ironic how you were bashing other bad/mediocre Sonic games yet you were acknowledging the 3DS version of Generations.

An example of a non-HD version of Generations. You know, the thing that Sonic Generations wasn't going to do.

Would Secret Rings and the Black Knight even work on the 360?

futurama-kinect.gif

Looking back, it'd be a pain to map those to your body. It'd work with Move, though.

I can see why they were Wii exclusives. I fully agree that they're not the best, but they still add up, mediocre or not.

Whatever dude.

Well, excuse me.

You're excused.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

*Grabs a mic and earphones*

Well we're here with tonight's fight at WWE Blue Stadium featuring newcomer MugiMikey and veteran Indigo Rush. Who will win in this epic fight with lots of explosions and Shia LaBeouf? Find out tonight in the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

Lol I couldn't resist. Sorry.

Anyway, expecting a staff to arrive and close this for flame topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see the big deal about saving up for at least a 360. I just looked at Gamestop's site and a refurbished 360 with a 20gb hard drive will only set you back $130. If you could afford a $250 Wii, you sure as hell can spare 130 on a used 360.

...Unless of course it was a gift. Then in that case, I dunno. *shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 1

PFT

GET IT FOR THE REAL MEN'S CONSOLE

AN HD CONSOLE

CAN'T AFFORD IT?

TOO BAD.

I CAN AFFORD BECAUSE I HAVE

A JOB AT MCDONALDS

Because not everyone who wants Generations wants to buy a Ps3/360 just for one game.

Edited by Aero909
  • Thumbs Up 2

An example of a non-HD version of Generations. You know, the thing that Sonic Generations wasn't going to do.

Edited by MugiMikey

Nice to hear that it's really easy and affordable to get a Wii nowadays.

384-epic-rage-face.jpg

Get out of my face right now.

Here's what I usually get from these types of arguments...

"Sonic works best on Ninty consoles man. I mean yeah, we already got Mario. And Zelda. And Metroid. And Kirby. And Pokemon. And Donkey kong. BUT we've gotta have Sonic all to ourselves too man. You guys aren't allowed to have any great colorful exclusive games on the consoles you own, now get back to your brown FPS game. >:D"

;w;

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well, be happy that some form of the game is coming out on anything Nintendo-related at all.

If it's good, then yeah. So far, it's not looking like that.

:lol:

Yeah... I retract the whole Kinect thing. :P

Despite being mediocre, my point is the Wii still had more exclusive Sonic games than the 360 or PS3 did.

My point is that it doesn't matter how many there are! A meh game is a meh game. A zomg awesome game is a zomg awesome game. I think Colors should have been on 360/PS3 too, because the waggle could have been mapped to a single button press. Not that hard. Secret Rings and Black Knight can't be played with a traditional controller, but it's not like 360 and PS3 owners feel left out or anything. And UnWiished was TERRIBLE.

"Sonic works best on Ninty consoles man. I mean yeah, we already got Mario. And Zelda. And Metroid. And Kirby. And Pokemon. And Donkey kong. BUT we've gotta have Sonic all to ourselves too man. You guys aren't allowed to have any great colorful exclusive games on the consoles you own, now get back to your brown FPS game. >:D"

;w;

To be fair, no one here is saying that Sonic Generations and Colors shouldn't be on HD consoles.

Edited by Indigo Rush

;w;

No one's trying to take anything from you, except for the completely worthless "honor" of having an exclusive. If anything, you guys aren't sharing with us.

I heard an explosion here and came to see what happened....but since it's a console war, I salute you and leave from where I came

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, the way I see it, Sonic Generations is the big anniversary game.

The Wii U comes out a year AFTER the anniversary so that would defeat the point of it being an anniversary game.

Another thing I'm not getting in this thread is how people are complaining about having to save up to get a PS360 but have no qualms about saving up for a Wii U? What?

• Thumbs Up 1

You seem to be painfully pro-PS3, so I don't expect you to really understand this point of view.

The same could be said of you with regards to Nintendo

It's really annoying because it's not like SEGA is incapable of making Sonic Generations work on the Wii-U. It's been said before, Sonic sells best on Nintendo consoles.

Thats not an argument for Generations being on the Wii-U. Sonic Team decided that this game is going to be on the PS3 and 360, so that's what it shall be released on. How hard is it to understand. Tough luck, better luck next time.

If you can't accept that, then let me provide a little example for you.

Back in 2001 a little game called Sonic Adventure 2 was released. A few years later after the Dreamcase died, SA2 was released again on the Nintendo Gamecube. But....what about the PS2 and Xbox? Oh well, too bad, Sonic Team didn't want to release it on the PS2 and Xbox, tough shit. If you were a Sonic fan, and want to play it, you'd just have had to suck it up and buy a Gamecube. I was in this situation (I had a PS2), and I certainly didn't want to have to buy either a Dreamcast or Gamecube for 1 game. So I had to sit out on the big 10th anniversary game.

10 years later and the situation is no different.

This time, Sonic Team doesn't want to make Generations on the Wii and have no immediate plans on porting the game to the Wii U, so they're sticking to the Xbox 360 and PS3, where they can show off their custom-built HD Graphics engine. Except, now, everyone is feeling so very self-entitled.

Oh and by the way, they probably will Port Generation over to the Wii U after a while (depending on its sales of course).

Sonic Team don't want to make it on the Wii/Wii U. That's that. You are not entitled to having the game come to your console, simply because you're a fan and its the big birthday blowout. Fans have had to deal with disappointment in the past, and you'll have to face disappointment now, just grow the fuck up. You can't win them all.

No one's trying to take anything from you, except for the completely worthless "honor" of having an exclusive. If anything, you guys aren't sharing with us.

Its not our choice. We aren't advocating the game remaining exclusive to the PS360. It would be fantastic if it was released on the Wii. But Sonic Team don't want to make it on the Wii, so that's that. You win some, you lose some, that's the way the world works. You can't always have everything your way.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Talk about a flame war that started. I lost track of who vs who it was on page 3. :lol:

Wait for it.....

please fuck that wii shit, wii shit, IT LOOKS LIKE A DILDO

I AINT TRY TO PLAY MY GAEMS WITH A DIL-DO

MAYBE IF THE GAME WAS WARIOWARE: SHOVEITUPYOUROWNASS EDITION.

The wii should copy how to get good gaems.

ERRYBODY KNOWS PS3 MAKES THE BEST GAMES.

XBOX AINT GOT GAMES

SHIT, TEARS OF WARS, AND GAY-LO.

FUCK YEAH PS-TRIPLE

BALLIN

Edited by Aero909
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Why do you guys want a port of a game that will be a year old by the time you can play it on a Wii U?

Seriously, what the fuck is the point?

If it's good, then yeah. So far, it's not looking like that.

Unfortunately... Oh well.

My point is that it doesn't matter how many there are! A meh game is a meh game. A zomg awesome game is a zomg awesome game. I think Colors should have been on 360/PS3 too, because the waggle could have been mapped to a single button press. Not that hard. Secret Rings and Black Knight can't be played with a traditional controller, but it's not like 360 and PS3 owners feel left out or anything. And UnWiished was TERRIBLE.

I know, I know. The Wii still has more Sonic content, though. The only exclusive Sonic games the 360 has is '06 and Free Riders, buuuut... yeah. Those are bad. The Wii has better exclusive Sonic games than that (well, Black Knight was pretty bad). But who knows? For all we know, somehow the console version of Generations could turn out horrible.

To be fair, no one here is saying that Sonic Generations and Colors shouldn't be on HD consoles.

Yeah, true. That's just how things are, though. I wanted exclusive Sonic stuff on the 360 before and on the Wii so I had to save up for both. If I was able to do it then I'm sure others can too if they stick to it.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I seem overly aggressive. :P