Awoo.

Sonic Generations on Wii U

Typical

I'm not particularly disappointed. I'll get to play the game. I'm just looking at the situation and seeing thousands of other disappointed people and chipping in some defense. I mean, it wasn't fair for Sonic Adventure 2, and it isn't fair now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being unfair is the point of an exclusive- they inherently make certain consoles more desirable by being only for that console. Game companies aren't and never have been obligated to be fair. They're running a business, not a charity, so why do Wii owners even need a defense for being unable to buy a game when this has been going on since competing consoles reared their heads?

Well, SEGA's third party. They're able to make it cross-platform, unlike Nintendo, who are exclusive to their own hardware.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyway, if a Wii U port never comes along I'll just illegally download it like everyone else

Being able to doesn't mean they have to or should.

Edited by Indigo Rush

=P I realize you stepped out, but I still want to respond.

Fair enough. Doesn't make it any less a bother, though.

I'm not saying it's not a bother. I'm saying it's not enough of a bother to warrant Wii owners receiving any significant amount if white-knighting over other sects of the gaming community.

Because it's Sonic friggin Generations. Classic Sonic. That's why. :/

Not only are there plenty of options to play Classic Sonic gameplay elsewhere, (and perhaps better than what Generations is doing considering what I've heard of rolling), but that and the identity of the game in and of themselves aren't excuses that legitimize the complaints of Wii-owners over every other example in history where people have lost out on exclusives because they picked the wrong console.

Seriously, Wii owners aren't some victim that needs defending, anymore than I am that I cannot play the Ratchet and Clank series due to my inability to procure a PS3 for more than a week. The difference between some Wii owners and me is that I'm personally content with calling such an injustice as the triviality that it is because I know that I have viable and reasonable options to solve my problem just like Wii-only owners have viable and reasonable options to solve their problem. I can buy the console and games over time, borrow them from someone else, pirate the game, use rental services, whatever. Wii-only owners can very well do the same. And even if every option is somehow exhausted for one person in the world, too bad, so sad. That's the reality of competing consoles.

Edited by Nepenthe

I thought this was something that every gamer faces when they buy a console. One must accept the fact that when buying a console that it will only have so many games that your going to want to play and that its almost inevitable that a game is going to come out on another console that you would like to play. At the end the only way to solve the problem is to buy that console if you want to play the game that badly. I realize that it may be easy for sega to release generations for the wii u but at the same time there are many reasons that could prove it unnecessary. People can argue to try to prove why their belief is right over others but at the end of the day it probably won't change sega's mind. Sega is a company, and there for, needs to make money. They will do what they see is right to first meet their goal AND THEN try to please their fans.

HELLS YEAH

AND SONIC 4 FOR MEGADRIVE/GENESIS WITH PROPER PHYSICS[/too dang big]

Just sayin.

You notice he was joking, right? =V

*reads first post*

Wait a minute, Nintendo fans already got the phenomenal Sonic Colors for the Wii and DS and are already getting Sonic Generations for the 3DS with exclusive levels and other exclusive content such as multiplayer, and will also be getting the upcoming Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic games for for the Wii and 3DS, but yet that's not enough? They still need to have a console version of Sonic Generations for the Wii U (a console that probably will not be out in time for Sonic 20th anniversary) just to say that they won't be missing out on anything? Wow. XD Maybe we should also let Nintendo buy Sonic from Sega for his 25th anniversary just to make sure that Wii owners won't be "left out of the party". I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at this. I don't mean to be an anti-console fanboy but Nintendo already gets so much from Sonic. Can't Sonic provide some exclusive content for those who do not have Nintendo systems?

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool
  • Thumbs Up 2

*reads first post*

Wait a minute, Nintendo fans already got the phenomenal Sonic Colors for the Wii and DS and are already getting Sonic Generations for the 3DS with exclusive levels and other exclusive content such as multiplayer, and will also be getting the upcoming Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic games for for the Wii and 3DS, but yet that's not enough? They still need to have a console version of Sonic Generations for the Wii U (a console that probably will not be out in time for Sonic 20th anniversary) just to say that they won't be missing out on anything? Wow. XD Maybe we should also let Nintendo buy Sonic from Sega for his 25th anniversary just to make sure that Wii owners won't be "left out of the party". I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at this. I don't mean to be an anti-console fanboy but Nintendo already gets so much from Sonic. Can't Sonic provide some exclusive content for those who do not have Nintendo systems?

• Thumbs Up 2

*reads first post*

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

"...But- wait! Most of those don't count because they sucked. D8"

Am I in the ballpark anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, if I could give you Colors, Generations 3DS, and MaSatOG, I would (and you can keep the latter two).

*sigh*...Here we go again. Just wait for your exclusive Sonic game.

Edited by KrazyBean14

The point that I was trying to make is that Nintendo gets a lot of exclusive content from Sonic as it is.
  • Thumbs Up 1

The number of games isn't what's important. I'm sure you'd be pretty envious of Colors if all you got was a dozen '06es.

...what?

What I meant by that is that it's not like the Xbox and Playstation are getting their own exclusive Sonic games separate from Nintendo. Handheld or Console, Nintendo fans are still getting Sonic Generations regardless.

I don't know if it's "fair" or a good business decision, all I know is that it sucks hard for those of us who follow Nintendo and don't have the cash to go multiplatform.

Well guess what? That's the price you pay for excluding yourself from the other consoles in the market and deciding to "follow" one single video game company. You weren't forced to buy a Nintendo Wii, you chose to buy it. Trust me I know what it's like to be missing out on a Sonic game, after Sega quit the console business I had to sit back and see Sonic on the Nintendo Gamecube a console that I did not own at the time because I decided to follow Sega and Playstation. Yes it does suck hard when there's a game that you want on a console that you do not have but there is really nothing you can do about it except either to whine or save up and buy the console that it is on. But in your case I just don't understand. Nintendo fans are getting this game you are not missing out on Sonic Generations, you will have it for the 3DS, now if Nintendo fans weren't getting anything then I would have sympathy for you but what your saying is that you don't like it because it looks poorly designed. Well the game isn't complete yet so it may turn out better than you think. Don't shoot this bird down before you give it a chance to fly. Heck, Sonic Generations on the 3DS may turn out better than the HD versions for all we know. *Looks at how well Secret Rings did compared to 06* <_<

• Thumbs Up 1

Why fight over Generations not being on the Wii U if there's going to be an even better, more advanced game on it anyway?

Also, if you're going to bother buying a Wii U, I find it awfully silly; won't the PS3 and 360 end up cheaper by the time Wii U is released? It is more powerful than both HD consoles, after all. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

What I meant by that is that it's not like the Xbox and Playstation are getting their own exclusive Sonic games separate from Nintendo. Handheld or Console, Nintendo fans are still getting Sonic Generations regardless.

Come on guys, I thought we were past this... seriously, Sonic Generations isn't coming to Wii U simply because the release of the console doesn't coincide with Sonic's big 20th Birthday. The game's STILL coming out for 360, PS3, 3DS, and more than likely PC, so almost anyone will have the chance to play it (provided your CPU and video card are up to snuff). Besides, the Wii U might get an exclusive title, like Sonic Colors 2? :D

I mean, holy fuck, you guys make it sound like SEGA just announced "Shadow's Soup Kitchen", or something.

and You can play Wii Games on Wii U, but not on PS3s or 360s

But not gamecube :(...

Btw, this argument is stupid. I'm sure SEGA is already thinking of a wii-u port of the next sonic game. Generations won't make it to wii-u but the next sonic game will and with very little difference between its 360/PS3 counterparts (so no more unleashed-unwiished type incidents) so you nintendo-only fans won't feel neglected ever again.

I'm sure when the time comes you nintendo-only people will find some way to play generations weither be at a friends house on his/her ps3/360, the 3ds version, or the PC version. complaining that its not coming to the wii or wii-u is pointless.

Edited by goku262002