Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

A hack the game wasn't made for?! The gameplay looks friggin' solid......this definitely looks like an unlockable feature I can see Sonic Team putting in for when you beat the game.

Only problems I see are attacking badniks in the 3D gameplay (which was pretty much why the Homing Attack was created), speed when running and rolling on rails, and how the game reacts when he reaches a QTE section. For 3D gameplay, enable the spindash/rolling.....or better yet, enable the Homing Attack as well. Speed him up when it comes to running (or give him the Super Peel-Out) and rolling on rails, fix issues for when classic Sonic enters in QTE events....and wha-la. Classic Sonic gameplay in 3D.

Edited by Blue Blood

Well, Wentos has returned, and he's posted something he's claiming to be part of the cutscene OST. Part of the last scene, deh guy says.

Edited by SockDrawer

Well, Wentos has returned, and he's posted something he's claiming to be part of the cutscene OST. Part of the last scene, deh guy says.

I think it sounds pretty darn epic. It's actually pretty darn emotional when you consider the context the music might be used for.

LOLOL!

Has anything ever said become reality? I heard about this guy but i never tracked his posts or what he said became true.

Edited by frokenok3

Has anything ever said become reality? I heard about this guy but i never tracked his posts or what he said became true.

A lot of what he said because true because of two things:

1. It was incredibly vague and could mean anything.

2. It was predictable. (Next Sonic game would consist of only Unleashed daytime stages)

A lot of what he said because true because of two things:

1. It was incredibly vague and could mean anything.

2. It was predictable. (Next Sonic game would consist of only Unleashed daytime stages)

I see so what he actually did was to take what the majority of people loved and make a vague post making it look like he actually knows what he talk about.

Didn't he "predict" that the 20th Anniversary game would be a collection of old stages? Or was that someone else?

• Thumbs Up 1

I see so what he actually did was to take what the majority of people loved and make a vague post making it look like he actually knows what he talk about.

He basically just just spewed a load of very obvious stuff that any idiot could logically predict.

@ Black Spy: I believe first word of that came about from a leaked document from SEGA.

Wait. Let's review somethings first.

Here's the full list of things Wentos said would happen in Sonic games.

A whole new team was brought together to make the next-gen versions of Sonic Unleashed, all straight from university and long-time Sonic fans. The team will handle the main series from here.

He suggested the "Tails is a girl joke" in Sonic Unleashed.

The next Sonic game will feature optional characters, as in Sonic 2 and 3. They will not be essential to the storyline and are selectable, potentially meaning less new characters every game.

The next Sonic game will be completely in the style of the Sonic Unleashed daytime levels, with more platforming elements where you actually have to slow down. There will be no game-ruining gimmicks like the "werehog".

The main series will be kept quiet for a while, apparently for a year and a half.

Chao will probably not return to the series again.

Sonic Adventure 2 was the lowest-budget Sonic game ever, followed by Sonic Heroes. Sonic Unleashed cost more to develop than all the Dreamcast Sonic games combined.

Wii versions of Sonic games have deliberately lower budgets to make more money off the family audience, whilst a loss is made on the higher-quality next-gen versions.

Filler titles (Riders/Storybook series) also recuperate lost money from next-gen versions.

There will probably be a Sonic Riders 3.

Legal reasons meant that Sonic Chronicles had to use fan-made midis for some music.

Sonic Unleashed recycled parts from Sonic '06, for example Eggmanland uses parts of Aquatic Base.

Sonic Unleashed was developed for four years, intended to be the "true" Sonic '06.

Now what can we gather from this? Hm......

Edited by Monkey D. Eddy

Whats this got to do with hacking the generations demo?

I think this topic has totally lost its meaning.

• Thumbs Up 2

Are we seriously giving that Wentos troll more of our time guys? I'm sick of seeing him brought up every now and again.

Whats this got to do with hacking the generations demo?

I think this topic has totally lost its meaning.

Agreed. I haven't touched this topic in nearly a week and now I've just gone through 6 pages of off-topic general discussion :lol:

Well. Demo is gone now since it's been weeks since it expired. Plus nothing new's been seen on the hacks. So I guess this is sorta the main Sonic Generations Topic.

Well. Demo is gone now since it's been weeks since it expired. Plus nothing new's been seen on the hacks. So I guess this is sorta the main Sonic Generations Topic.

Edited by goku262002

I did, fell for it hook line and sinker. I could feel myself getting all giddy, then...nope. That song which I think was from the Tom and Jerry Movie, only served to make me even more hilariously enraged at myself. :v

Edited by SockDrawer
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's really the topic for main discussion of Spoilers. We can't openly post about the level lists, missions, characters, etc in other topics w/o excessive spoiler tags.

If that is the case, then why not rename the topic...."Sonic Gen spoilers"? Or Sonic Gen MEGA TOPIC. (where everything about the game is talked about, spoilers and all). Seems like that would be a better name for the topic than hidden assets of the Gen demo. Unless someone can find something useful to talk about that has not already been talked about millions of times before.

If that is the case, then why not rename the topic...."Sonic Gen spoilers"? Or Sonic Gen MEGA TOPIC. (where everything about the game is talked about, spoilers and all). Seems like that would be a better name for the topic than hidden assets of the Gen demo. Unless someone can find something useful to talk about that has not already been talked about millions of times before.

GUYS GUYS OMG RELAX! I'M AT MY HOUSE IN MY ROOM PLA *ceases from random obscure joke nobody will get*

Ok so I found a way to unlock the Ps3 demo again and made another video showing more stuff like glitches, Classic in Modern, Rank animations, the works. Does that count as relevant to this topic name?

• Thumbs Up 1

You can't S rank if you restart? That's extremely stupid. SEGA better fix that.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 3

You can't S rank if you restart? That's extremely stupid. SEGA better fix that.

Fix? I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose. Think about it, how many times do you hit the restart button when you play a level? I know I do it WAAAY too many times. The restart function has made us into extreme perfectionists. In the Classics, if we messed up, we had to just suck it up and keep progressing through the level but now it's like "I must S-Rank this level every time I play it so I have to restart on every mistake I make" but that attitude is also very self destructive as it (from my experience) diminishes the fun of going through the level. A lot of times I've restarted on a run that I would have gotten an S-Rank on anyway just because I made one lousy mistake.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's just more pointless punishment for restarting a level. Having to start the level from the beginning should be enough, but they also added losing a life, which was abit annoying but not too much, but this is completely and utterly pointless. Now if I screw up, I have to leave the whole level and go back to it, which is incredibly annoying.

I said fix, because I see it as a flaw that needs fixing.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait. Let's review somethings first.

Here's the full list of things Wentos said would happen in Sonic games.

A whole new team was brought together to make the next-gen versions of Sonic Unleashed, all straight from university and long-time Sonic fans. The team will handle the main series from here.

He suggested the "Tails is a girl joke" in Sonic Unleashed.

The next Sonic game will feature optional characters, as in Sonic 2 and 3. They will not be essential to the storyline and are selectable, potentially meaning less new characters every game.

The next Sonic game will be completely in the style of the Sonic Unleashed daytime levels, with more platforming elements where you actually have to slow down. There will be no game-ruining gimmicks like the "werehog".

The main series will be kept quiet for a while, apparently for a year and a half.

Chao will probably not return to the series again.

Sonic Adventure 2 was the lowest-budget Sonic game ever, followed by Sonic Heroes. Sonic Unleashed cost more to develop than all the Dreamcast Sonic games combined.

Wii versions of Sonic games have deliberately lower budgets to make more money off the family audience, whilst a loss is made on the higher-quality next-gen versions.

Filler titles (Riders/Storybook series) also recuperate lost money from next-gen versions.

There will probably be a Sonic Riders 3.

Legal reasons meant that Sonic Chronicles had to use fan-made midis for some music.

Sonic Unleashed recycled parts from Sonic '06, for example Eggmanland uses parts of Aquatic Base.

Sonic Unleashed was developed for four years, intended to be the "true" Sonic '06.

Now what can we gather from this? Hm......

• Thumbs Up 6