Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Yeah. AAUK said they can both be canon. Although it would go like this...

Rivals 1+2 > Secret Rings (If you consider canon.) > Rush 1+2 > Zero Gravity > Unleashed > Black Knight (If you consider canon.) > Free Riders > Colours (Wii) > Generations.

No I mean other source. Remember this GREAT WAR about canonity on SEGA forums? Sonic Team main writer was asked to post canonity and continuity list. He posted it but after forums where shuted down I lost this link. He posted not only list of canon games but also order of their story occuring. And it went by order I posted.

Yeah. AAUK said they can both be canon. Although it would go like this...

Rivals 1+2 > Secret Rings (If you consider canon.) > Rush 1+2 > Zero Gravity > Unleashed > Black Knight (If you consider canon.) > Free Riders > Colours (Wii) > Generations.

I think the Rush games may technically need to come before the Rival games, due to Eggman actually trusting Nega in those games

No I mean other source. Remember this GREAT WAR about canonity on SEGA forums? Sonic Team main writer was asked to post canonity and continuity list. He posted it but after forums where shuted down I lost this link. He posted not only list of canon games but also order of their story occuring. And it went by order I posted.

You're thinking of AAUK. I have no idea what that list you're talking about is. He described the main games' order. Games like Rivals, Riders, and Rush can fit into the timeline as side-stories depending on when they were released. (Unless stated, like Battle and 4.)

I think the Rush games may technically need to come before the Rival games, due to Eggman actually trusting Nega in those games

Yeah, there's lots of reasons why each one could've come first. I just think perhaps Rivals is the most likely. Outside of those two, everything else is pretty much right.

This is a cool reference. biggrin.gif

Guys, just because Colours DS is non-canon doesn't stop that fact that the Sonic Team's writers know about the whole Blaze/Silver thing. We should be noting the fact that they're reffering to it, it also shows that Rush and Rivals can definitely both be canon simultaneously. Something i believed from the start.

Ok I know it's off topic but I am really curious where it was said that the DS version of Sonic Colors is non-canon.

Ok I know it's off topic but I am really curious where it was said that the DS version of Sonic Colors is non-canon.

It wasnt because SEGA (AAUK) said that Colors is canon. But we dont know wchich ver. Is canon and wchich is not. Fans belive that "bigger" ver. Is canon. I think both are canon. But its offtopic lets move to topic.

All right files says we get credits as CGI cutscene so no interactive (somehow) credits a'la colors where Sonic blows trough leters. What I want is video that will show every epic/hell yeah/memorable moment of the franchaise (so basically Generations itself). And of course some Watch Me Fly-spirit music from Crush 40 in the BG.

It was stated by AAUK once in the SEGA Forums. Here it is:

Cero: Advance - No, at least not in events although some details have again bled over. Vanilla/Cream for instance. The handheld games in general even Sonic Colours DS as the Wii and DS stories can't BOTH have happened should all be considered non-canon. The only one that is I believe the one I forgot and that you mentioned, Sonic Battle. If that is not canon its as close as you can get without being. CD was intended to be covered in that class between S1-S3&K.

Also:

Now you can either take the word of the Community Manager who has worked on ever single Sonic related game since Rush Adventure, who knows the standpoint on Chronicles from Japan, has discussed such matters with Sonic Team and coincidentally, has been the only one to actually address this with you guys orrr you can cling on to the belief that the events of Chronicles are somehow now written in stone for all things Sonic.

Its highly likely some points will bleed in to canon, but the only "events" that should realistically be considered current game series canon and defining the story of Sonic's world are those from the main thread of consoles titles post-Sonic Adventure. Even then some of those events that happened within have been retconed over the years to varying degrees.

"Word of God", yo.

The only games that are DEFINITELY canon are:

Sonic 1 (16-bit)

Sonic 2 (16-bit)

Sonic CD

Sonic 3

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Heroes

Shadow The Hedgehog

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Colors (Wii)

Sonic Riders Trilogy (but only "conditionally", according to AAUK)

Sonic Generations (HD/Console Versions) is probably going to be canon, but we don't know the story yet and it could very well have a "reset button" ending like Sonic 06 where none of it happened, so... yeah.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Nice to see some order to the overall canon. Oh and it's about that time of the month, isn't it Sega? =P New stage reveal please.

Why would Riders would go at the very end? I've already said this, each game would go in the timeline individualy, Riders after Shadow (or Battle), ZG after Rush Adventure, and FR after Black Knight (If canon).

You should note that AAUK still says that Battle, Rush, and Rivals can be canon.

Edited by Neon

"Word of God", yo.

The only games that are DEFINITELY canon are:

Sonic 1 (16-bit)

Sonic 2 (16-bit)

Sonic CD

Sonic 3

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Heroes

Shadow The Hedgehog

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Colors (Wii)

Sonic Riders Trilogy (but only "conditionally", according to AAUK)

Sonic Generations (HD/Console Versions) is probably going to be canon, but we don't know the story yet and it could very well have a "reset button" ending like Sonic 06 where none of it happened, so... yeah.

What about the advance series? Are they not cannon?

Can we try to keep this on topic?

Canon discussions really belong in their own topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

See isn't that an easier fix? Rather than use the continuity where Blaze doesn't know Sonic, use the one where she knows Sonic but introduce her to Silver.

I'm getting the feeling that in Generations, everyone will meet. Some where on the web said that Sonic has to rescue all his friends, so he might save Blaze and then fight Silver, and then at some point they both stop fighting each other when they see Blaze in trouble again, they save her and then they all befriend each other at the end.laugh.gif

*Sees new Trailer*

Well the ever age old question has been answered. The "Death Egg Robo" boss is the Sonic 2 Final Boss........again.

Ok seriously they already brought him back in Sonic 4, they should have used the Sonic 3&K Death Egg Robo.

*Sees new Trailer*

Well the ever age old question has been answered. The "Death Egg Robo" boss is the Sonic 2 Final Boss........again.

Ok seriously they already brought him back in Sonic 4, they should have used the Sonic 3&K Death Egg Robo.

I'm sure that they'll add something new, and not like Sonic 4 new, maybe something like riding on the back of his jet pack? You know it would be awesome. wink.gif

*Sees new Trailer*

Yeah, but hopefully this means that we'll get to fight Silver Sonic, like in the original Death Egg.wink.gif

In response to the new trailer, I don't why but seaside hill reminds me of Adabat. I'm not sure why, but it just gives me that vibe...

In response to the new trailer, I don't why but seaside hill reminds me of Adabat. I'm not sure why, but it just gives me that vibe...

Because you've got ruins in the middle of the ocean, complete with the same graphics engine. It's not hard to figure out why you get that vibe.

This is a real "Hidden assets of the Generations demo" I guess.

Dunno if this fake or not, but the first 5Mins sound real.

This video is 37Min long. x_x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUs9muyybpg

Sorry if this got already posted.

The SE's sound great. Got some Sonic grunts at the start, too! These are definitely real.

The boosting SE's near the end are badass.

Edited by Neon

This is a real "Hidden assets of the Generations demo" I guess.

Dunno if this fake or not, but the first 5Mins sound real.

This video is 37Min long. x_x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUs9muyybpg

Sorry if this got already posted.

Please God let those hisses and beastly grunts come from the Iblis spawn.

Please God let those hisses and beastly grunts come from the Iblis spawn.

Considering they're identical to clips from '06, that's kinda what they definitely are. Well, either that or it's C.Sonic's voice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering they're identical to clips from '06, that's kinda what they definitely are. Well, either that or it's C.Sonic's voice.

Sorry I really don't remember what those things sounded like from 06.

Haha...Classic Sonic's voice! laugh.gif

I surely heard a wisp activating sound effect there, awesome.

There's Spike and Rocket Wisp sounds.