Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Now all we need is the Sonic Generations model viewer wink.gif

(although seriously that would be cool)

Edited by Little T

super.png

Well I guess that proves what you guys want?

Given the mouth positions, I'd assume that they're... doing an operatic duet together?!?! Sonic Team, you're making all of my dreams come true!!!!!

In all sincerity, that looks excellent! Now if there's anything you guys know about "Time Eater"..... laugh.gif

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 3

*Squeals*

Okay now that, that is out of my system. AWESOME!!!

*Squeals*

Okay now that, that is out of my system. AWESOME!!!

Tails and Knuckles animations would be superb smile.gif Absolutely love these kind of things. Thank you for the previous videos!

Edited by ENVY

I kinda wanna see the Knuckles' animations, especially since we haven't seen him in a main game for five years now, but I'm not going to ask you to go out of your way to do anything. If it's something you don't mind sharing I'd definitely appreciate it though.

You don't mind me stealing this avatar from your video, do you? I kinda did without permission. :P

Tails and Knuckles animations would be superb smile.gif Absolutely love these kind of things. Thank you for the previous videos!

This, what Envy says :D

I kinda wanna see the Knuckles' animations, especially since we haven't seen him in a main game for five years now, but I'm not going to ask you to go out of your way to do anything. If it's something you don't mind sharing I'd definitely appreciate it though.

You don't mind me stealing this avatar from your video, do you? I kinda did without permission. tongue.gif

Ahh its cool. Yeah, I can try getting up Knuckles and Tails up sometime. Haha I didn't realize how picky people are with the two mouth scenario thing before. Its worse then "BAHH GREEN EYES" They just don't get how it works. So I'll make sure to have Knuckles to have one mouth on him.

Any enemy animations you'd like to see? Just gives me some ideas. It doesn't take that long to set it up. Just a pain to get the textures working right. The program persnickety like that.

Sorry but I will doubt it. Why those animations are static? I mean modern dont move in it. I think its animation when Silver grab one if them. But kt can be super animation as well.

The animations names are sn_change_ssn_loop.anm sn_change_ssn_s.anm I showed in the video the Loop one. Classic Sonic has the same as well. And considering the models for the super forms are in the ingame folders and they have there own folder as well.

Edited by Twilightzoney
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ahh its cool. Yeah, I can try getting up Knuckles and Tails up sometime. Haha I didn't realize how picky people are with the two mouth scenario thing before. Its worse then "BAHH GREEN EYES" They just don't get how it works. So I'll make sure to have Knuckles to have one mouth on him.

Any enemy animations you'd like to see? Just gives me some ideas. It doesn't take that long to set it up. Just a pain to get the textures working right. The program persnickety like that.

Dude, just upload everything you can, that's the only way to keep people's demand sated :P

I'm not sure if the files for this guy's animations are in the demo, but I know some form of model was. If it isn't to much of a hassle, would it be possible to see Eggrobo? If not enough to work with I understand, but seeing him in action would be very interesting.

Edited by Dusk Golem

That'd be great if you could get some Tails and Knuckles animations. biggrin.gif I've always wanted to see Knuckles in motion under the Hedgehog Engine. Fuck. I can't wait to see how everyone looks.

Do you have any animations of Iblis monsters? It'd be nice to see how they move and react in the game.

That'd be great if you could get some Tails and Knuckles animations. biggrin.gif I've always wanted to see Knuckles in motion under the Hedgehog Engine. Fuck. I can't wait to see how everyone looks.

You're going to have to wait a little longer. The hedgehog engine is for graphics, and has nothing to with the raw models, textures and animations you're seeing here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if the file for this guy's animations are in the demo, but I know some form of model was. If it isn't to much of a hassle, would it be possible to see Eggrobo? If not enough to work with I understand, but seeing him in action would be very interesting.

I've actually tried EggRobo out and I hate to say it but his animations seem incomplete or it just reads it wrong. His body parts are all over the place. And he's the only enemy model I've seen that gets messed up.

I'll try to put up a video of this stuff in a while I just gotta get everything ready.

Do you have any animations of Iblis monsters? It'd be nice to see how they move and react in the game.

Yeah the only enemy in the demo that is an Iblis Monster thing is called the "Taker" some bird like monster.

You're going to have to wait a little longer. The hedgehog engine is for graphics, and has nothing to with the raw models, textures and animations you're seeing here.

In motion Under the Hedgehog Engine being the key word...sentence. I know that the HE is a graphics Engine. tongue.gif

Edited by Neon

Uhmm anything else you'd guys like to see? Cause honestly I've seen most of the stuff in the demo I've torn through.Saw Tails and Knuckles animations which really makes me think that Classic Sonic would vs them in a rival battle cause of the whole doppelganger ordeal and then Modern Sonic would step in after its over. But thats just me. Otherwise why would Modern Sonic vs his own friends for no reason. laugh.gif

I don't suppose there's any sign of Classic Knuckles?

I've actually tried EggRobo out and I hate to say it but his animations seem incomplete or it just reads it wrong. His body parts are all over the place. And he's the only enemy model I've seen that gets messed up.

I'll try to put up a video of this stuff in a while I just gotta get everything ready.

It's all fine, I'm actually surprised there's any animations for him at all to be honest, but thank you. This is all very interesting, I think the guys at SEGA so far have done a great job animating the game and even though the game isn't out yet it's very interesting to see these developed pieces.

This will be the only other request I have on this, as I am not taking a gift foregranted, but when looking through the files myself there was a list of enemies and one that's had me curious is one of the Copspeeders. I know there's several different Copspeeder models mentioned in the code, and I have no idea if models exist for them in the demo so this is just a left field request, but would the model and animations for the Copspeeder Creator be in the demo? I don't know if that's what it's called, but it's supposed to be a spawner for the Copspeeders in the Speed Highway stage or something like that, and for some reason I've been really curious what it looks like. I doubt it's presence is in the demo files, but no matter what the case a million thanks for this!

Edited by Dusk Golem

I haven't seen anything relating to the "Time Eater" as there are no files I see that relate to it.

Uhmm anything else you'd guys like to see? Cause honestly I've seen most of the stuff in the demo I've torn through.Saw Tails and Knuckles animations which really makes me think that Classic Sonic would vs them in a rival battle cause of the whole doppelganger ordeal and then Modern Sonic would step in after its over. But thats just me. Otherwise why would Modern Sonic vs his own friends for no reason. laugh.gif

Seeing some getting hurt and deaths animtaions would be nice.

It's all fine, I'm actually surprised there's any animations for him at all to be honest, but thank you. This is all very interesting, I think the guys at SEGA so far have done a great job animating the game and even though the game isn't out yet it's very interesting to see these developed pieces.

This will be the only other request I have on this, as I am not taking a gift foregranted, but when looking through the files myself there was a list of enemies and one that's had me curious is one of the Copspeeders. I know there's several different Copspeeder models mentioned in the code, and I have no idea if models exist for them in the demo so this is just a left field request, but would the model and animations for the Copspeeder Creator be in the demo? I don't know if that's what it's called, but it's supposed to be a spawner for the Copspeeders in the Speed Highway stage or something like that, and for some reason I've been really curious what it looks like. I doubt it's presence is in the demo files, but no matter what the case a million thanks for this!

copspeeder.png

Nah its all good. Showing a models existence is a lot more easier then recording animations and uploading a whole video. This most certainly takes less time since I just got to load up the model. Yeah the animations are in there it all works fine.

But yeah I might actually upload the video of the animations tomorrow so I can actually show more I suppose. I'm really impressed with the animations. Gives me more to learn about with my own animations.

Edited by Twilightzoney
  • Thumbs Up 6

For Pete's sake, just do a massive spoiler post with all the animations you can find of the characters. 8( I want to see ev-er-ry-theeeeng.

Yeah the only enemy in the demo that is an Iblis Monster thing is called the "Taker" some bird like monster.

So the little phoenix is the only one thats gonna be in the game? Darn, I really wanted to see those lava golems and lizards again. Heck I even want to see what Iblis himself looks like under the Hedgehog Engine.

Oui, I love the new digital look for the Copspeeder there, he looks so cute. *w*

So the little phoenix is the only one thats gonna be in the game? Darn, I really wanted to see those lava golems and lizards again. Heck I even want to see what Iblis himself looks like under the Hedgehog Engine.

It's not the only one in the game, but the only one in the demo. In the programming, there are three types of Iblis monsters mentioned with 2D and 3D versions:

Iblis Taker 2D(flying fire bat)

Iblis Taker 3D

Iblis Crawler 2D (Which one was the Crawler again?)

Iblis Crawler 3D

Iblis Biter 2D (the lizard fire monsters)

Iblis Biter 3D

Thinking about it, the Crawler may very well be the worm.

While they have different names, the full list of enemies mentioned in the programming were as such:

Here's every regular enemy in the game:

Motobug 2D

Motobug 3D

Buzz Bomber 2D

Buzz Bomber 3D

Chopper 2D

Chopper 3D

Crabmeat 2D

Crabmeat 3D

Spiny 2D

Spiny 3D

Grabber 2D

Grabber 3D

Eggrobo 2D

Eggrobo 3D

Spinner 2D

Spinner 3D (this one is not labelled as 3D actually but can be assumned to be so)

Spanner 2D (what enemy is this again?)

Spanner 3D (is this like the electric spinner or something?)

Cop Speeder 2D (this is the monkey robot in the police car from Sonic Adventure)

Cop Speeder 3D

Cop Speeder Creator (only in 3D and it seems to be something that creates these, or send them out endlessly at least)

Cop Speeder Wall Run (suggested these are Cop Speeders that run along walls)

Path Mover (I have no idea what this is and it looks like it only exists in 3D as well)

Mono Beetle 2D(the Sonic Adventure 2 GUN flying robot with no add-ons)

Mono Beetle 3D

Gun Beetle 2D (Moto Beetle with gun)

Gun Beetle 3D

Gun Hunter 2D (this is those humanoid GUN Sonic Adventure 2 bots that shoot at you)

Gun Hunter 3D

Egg Pawn 2D

Egg Pawn 3D

Lance Pawn 2D (Egg Pawn with Lance)

Lance Pawn 3D

Gun Pawn 2D (Egg Pawn with gun)

Gun Pawn 3D

Iblis Taker 2D(flying fire bat)

Iblis Taker 3D

Iblis Crawler 2D (Which one was the Crawler again?)

Iblis Crawler 3D

Iblis Biter 2D (the lizard fire monsters)

Iblis Biter 3D

Egg Fighter 2D (the purple robots from Unleashed)

Egg Fighter 3D

Egg Fighter Sword 2D (the chainsaw-sword Egg Fighters)

Egg Fighter Sword 3D

Egg Launcher 2D (the missile shooting red robots from Unleashed)

Egg Launcher 3D

Aero-Cannon (only exists in either 2D or 3D) (the gun-looking flying Unleashed enemy that fires a missile)

Aero-Chaser Manager (This one confuses me, it might mean the Interceptor)

Sandworm 2D (Badnik that comes out and spits energy balls from Colors)

Sandworm 3D

Sprinler 2D (Sonic Colors robots that shoot spikes or rings)

Sprinkler 3D

Aero-Chaser (the enemies that chase after you and shoot lasers in Unleashed. Only 3D)

Edited by Dusk Golem