Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Oui, I love the new digital look for the Copspeeder there, he looks so cute. *w*

It's not the only one in the game, but the only one in the demo. In the programming, there are three types of Iblis monsters mentioned with 2D and 3D versions:

Iblis Taker 2D(flying fire bat)

Iblis Taker 3D

Iblis Crawler 2D (Which one was the Crawler again?)

Iblis Crawler 3D

Iblis Biter 2D (the lizard fire monsters)

Iblis Biter 3D

Thinking about it, the Crawler may very well be the worm.

While they have different names, the full list of enemies mentioned in the programming were as such:

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how valid this is exactly, but I noticed something on Sega of America's flickr that leaves something to be found in the list of enemies, namely the fact that there are 2D Aero chasers for classic sonic's level. Not I know since it's just taking the 3D model and re-scripting it, but it still makes one wonder what else they're doing.

Ahh its cool. Yeah, I can try getting up Knuckles and Tails up sometime. Haha I didn't realize how picky people are with the two mouth scenario thing before. Its worse then "BAHH GREEN EYES" They just don't get how it works. So I'll make sure to have Knuckles to have one mouth on him.

Any enemy animations you'd like to see? Just gives me some ideas. It doesn't take that long to set it up. Just a pain to get the textures working right. The program persnickety like that.

The animations names are sn_change_ssn_loop.anm sn_change_ssn_s.anm I showed in the video the Loop one. Classic Sonic has the same as well. And considering the models for the super forms are in the ingame folders and they have there own folder as well.

I freaking love you. Could you show us some animations (or at least pictures of the character models) for both Super Sonics, both Metal Sonics (if they're both appearing in the game), both Tails', and both Knuckles'?

Hell, could you just show us everything? Please? XD

Hm. For some reason, the page isn't being updated when I post, despite the post going through just fine.

Trash this, please.

Edited by Dissident

Wait so the Iblis golem isn't going to be in this game? DAMN! I love that guy XD I dunno why but I love his animation when he pounds his fist into his hand its become somewhat of a meme for me and my little brother :P if there is any evidence of the Iblis Golem being in this I would love to see it, I don't need animations (though it would be a plus for the one I mentioned) just a model (like I said provided there is one) would be cool.

So far, only the other three iblis models are known to be ingame.

Probably due to Sonic Team's waryness of going crazy with health bars again. Which were admittedly terrible in heroes with first level mook takin 3 homing attacks, unnecessary in Shadow(every weapon was overpowered and only masochists like myself went homing attack only). Oddly enough health bars were okish in '06, save for some enemies that did NOT look like they could take 10+ hits to kill.

I think it's a shame that they've been toning down the larger enemies though. I like the idea of an occasional heavy hitter threat that isn't just boost fodder or a Chase(not that those aspects aren't fun, they're just over-saturated in the level design). At the least they could make them sub bosses. Colours kinda played with the concept with one enemy(Crabmeat Interceptor is a Chase Boss more than a Sub boss like that Orbinaut looking enemy in Asteroid Coaster, Act 6 I think.)

But away from that tangent. Could we get some Egg Fighter/Pawn action at some point in the future? That would make me a happy ABF.

Now I know why Sonic was given longer legs and etc. C.Sonic isn't built for breakdancing.

btw:

>animations aren't set to Evil Foundry

Son I am disappoint.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wait a second, is there ay info in the demo about Robotnik and Classic Knuckles?

Edited by Lungo

BASED ON ANIMATONS FOR GENERATIONS, I BELIEVE THAT CLASSIC AND MODERN HAVE A DANCE OFF

THAT IS ALL

Edited by Pops
  • Thumbs Up 2

I personally don't like that video.... But thats just me. I'm sour like that if crap like that happens. (Bite Me) But good for him.

No there is no info that I saw about Robotnik unless the model of the signpost of Eggman Then nothing. Which seems to be his model plastered onto the board actually but with different lower res textures.

Oh yeah burn die die dieeeee sonic in a pit of anguish. (You should know what this animation is hopefully.) Cause I was joking about that previous sentence right there.

Coughitsidletiredwateranimatoncough

SONICGENERATOINSSONICDIESANIMATION1.png

Edited by Twilightzoney
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seems like it's from Colors as well. Thanks Again Twlightzoney. smile.gif

Of course. Colours model is a far less detailed version.

I personally don't like that video.... But thats just me. I'm sour like that if crap like that happens. (Bite Me) But good for him.

No there is no info that I saw about Robotnik unless the model of the signpost of Eggman Then nothing. Which seems to be his model plastered onto the board actually but with different lower res textures.

Oh yeah burn die die dieeeee sonic in a pit of anguish. (You should know what this animation is hopefully.) Cause I was joking about that previous sentence right there.

Coughitsidletiredwateranimatoncough

SONICGENERATOINSSONICDIESANIMATION1.png

Hm, I know this might sound a bit weird, but I love the detail of this animation still. It really does get across the idea of Sonic actually struggling to hold his breath in the big drink. It makes me wonder if there will be any 3D water sections, because I would really love to see this animation in-game.