Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

-_- ok this is annoying. I feel like I'm back at the point when I was first trying to figure out how to hack the demo.

Why are you guys talking about Hydrocity pronunciation on the Hidden Assets topic.

Take your time Jack, I'm sure there's something in the PS3 demo ^^

Why are you guys talking about Hydrocity pronunciation on the Hidden Assets topic.

Take your time Jack, I'm sure there's something in the PS3 demo ^^

Well I just fucked up royally.

Ok Twilight you might love this. I found a file called Sonicbsd.ar, BSD is the internal acronym for Boss Shadow. There might be a Shadow model for you to rip.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I just fucked up royally.

Ok Twilight you might love this. I found a file called Sonicbsd.ar, BSD is the internal acronym for Boss Shadow. There might be a Shadow model for you to rip.

YAAAAY!

Wait, how did you Fuck up?

Ok I just checked the file and sadly no Shadow model. It's just those core poses.

YAAAAY!

Wait, how did you Fuck up?

Long story, but now I have to re-install demo 1 again so I have to copy over all of my hacks.

Ahh, dang I remember when I read that in the files it said SonicBSD.ar I was wondering what was the purpose of that file. But still if you can rar that junk up whenever you can if you just get it to work so take your time. I'm surprised that the PS3 demo has different things in it at least. Odd that your having problems getting it to work.

Edited by Twilightzoney

Ok the whole more Super Sonic assets in the PS3 demo is bullshit. There is no Super Sonic Boost effect.

Ahh, dang I remember when I read that in the files it said SonicBSD.ar I was wondering what was the purpose of that file. But still if you can rar that junk up whenever you can if you just get it to work so take your time. I'm surprised that the PS3 demo has different things in it at least. Odd that your having problems getting it to work.

It's because the Eboot.bin isn't designed to work on 3.55 firmware, so my plan is to try to combine assets of both demos to create a playable demo that reflects at least some of the current build. Worst case scenario I have to just use Demo 1 for future hacks, which is fine by me.

Ok the whole more Super Sonic assets in the PS3 demo is @#!*% . There is no Super Sonic Boost effect.

It's because the Eboot.bin isn't designed to work on 3.55 firmware, so my plan is to try to combine assets of both demos to create a playable demo that reflects at least some of the current build. Worst case scenario I have to just use Demo 1 for future hacks, which is fine by me.

Damn, it would have been cool if you could have given Modern the Super Sonic boost to use as standard in Modern Green Hill (Even though it's probably just a yellow effect instead of blue).

Damn, it would have been cool if you could have given Modern the Super Sonic boost to use as standard in Modern Green Hill (Even though it's probably just a yellow effect instead of blue).

Well there are sliding and stomping effects if that helps.

Well there are sliding and stomping effects if that helps.

Would it be too hard to replace the standard effects with these alternate ones?

Would it be too hard to replace the standard effects with these alternate ones?

No but I have to set everything back up first.

I think when you go super, all the special effects just turn yellow. As least that's what the textures are showing.

No but I have to set everything back up first.

Take as much time as you need (it would seem you've been having some troubles), but could you Youtube-ify a playthrough (with the switched effects) and post a link here?

Take as much time as you need (it would seem you've been having some troubles), but could you Youtube-ify a playthrough (with the switched effects) and post a link here?

Not youtube, it'd get taken down instantly, but ThatotherguynamedJack has me covered.

Ok it installed properly, and it seems to be working fine.