Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'm guessing you never saw this video.

http://www.dailymoti...onic_videogames

No. Dailymotion is somewhat unintuitive on my computer, I can't skip forward through parts that I don't want to watch. And I can't watch it now, I've used my monthly internet allowance of 10GB, i'm on dial-up speeds now (stuff NZ and it's incredibly expensive unlimited data plans).

No. Dailymotion is somewhat unintuitive on my computer, I can't skip forward through parts that I don't want to watch. And I can't watch it now, I've used my monthly internet allowance of 10GB, i'm on dial-up speeds now (stuff NZ and it's incredibly expensive unlimited data plans).

How about Blip?

http://blip.tv/thatotherguynamedjack/the-unleashed-trilogy-super-sonic-5638725

There is a YT clip I found but I really don't want to link it because I don't want SEGA to strike his account.

Hmm... I'll give it a go. Hey, which country do you live in and how much data do you get a month? What are the expenses? (Just out of interest).

I live in the US and I don't have at set amount of data per month. I can use the internet as much as I want.

Actually, that video isn't the one that got you striked, is it? I just so happened to watch that one a couple hours before it got taken down, and you put up that NOO!! STRIKE!! video (which I also watched, lol).

Edited by RaymanFan1

Actually, that video isn't the one that got you striked, is it? That one with a minute of nothing surrounding a shot of both versions of SS? I just so happened to watch that one a couple hours before it got taken down, and you put up that NOO!! STRIKE!! video (which I also watched, lol).

No that video isn't the one that was removed.

So, due to 7kbps internet speed (FML), I can't watch it. What Sonic Generations Super Sonic content does that vid hold? Can you even tell me here, or...?

Edited by RaymanFan1

Ok we have a problem. The reason I can't get any of the new animations to work is because animation files from the new demo are encrypted (just like Twilight said) and won't work properly. Twilight, do you know how to decrypt these files?

becautious.png

If only, nah not yet they compiled them differently execlusively to work for the PS3 and 360 before they were open ended to be open for both PC and PS360 pretty much. They just got smart and decided to do that instead.

wait, but if I use Ps3 animations from Demo 2 on Ps3 Sonic.ar from Demo 1, shouldn't it work?

Also I think this clip sums up that image

• Thumbs Up 1

becautious.png

If only, nah not yet they compiled them differently execlusively to work for the PS3 and 360 before they were open ended to be open for both PC and PS360 pretty much. They just got smart and decided to do that instead.

Oh my god, this made my day!!!

Ok here's what we're gonna do, we're gonna find a way to play the new demo on a lower firmware, so anybody here an expert on Ps3 hacking?

wait, but if I use Ps3 animations from Demo 2 on Ps3 Sonic.ar from Demo 1, shouldn't it work?

It should work, I don't see why not. Just changing from Demo 1 to Demo 2 you just have to put the animations in the right paths, since they separated a lot of crap to keep it organized.

So you can't just play the newer demo on spoof firmware? Since you already have custom?

It should work, I don't see why not. Just changing from Demo 1 to Demo 2 you just have to put the animations in the right paths, since they separated a lot of crap to keep it organized.

So you can't just play the newer demo on spoof firmware? Since you already have custom?

Actually I'm not sure now. Demo 2 doesn't start, it gives me an error message, I assumed it's because I'm on 3,55 and the current firmware is 3.73, but then I realized, I'm playing demo 1 on 3.55 even though by then I should have needed 3.61 or 3.66 to play it, so that can't be the problem.

The error number is 80010009

........Scratch that, it is a firmware issue, apparently I need 3.60 to use Demo 2, unless I patch it. Luckily Multiman has a patcher. My god that thing is awesome. So lets cross our fingers and hope this works.

And patching it did nothing.

Actually I'm not sure now. Demo 2 doesn't start, it gives me an error message, I assumed it's because I'm on 3,55 and the current firmware is 3.73, but then I realized, I'm playing demo 1 on 3.55 even though by then I should have needed 3.61 or 3.66 to play it, so that can't be the problem.

The error number is 80010009

........Scratch that, it is a firmware issue, apparently I need 3.60 to use Demo 2, unless I patch it. Luckily Multiman has a patcher. My god that thing is awesome. So lets cross our fingers and hope this works.

And patching it did nothing.

Could be how your packing it. Either the file size is too small or big. I remember that happening that error code when I modded Sonic 4 for PS3. Wait you have demo 2 installed right like a clean install one?

Then you transfer your new bb.cpk over ftp? Or do you just remake the whole Pkg? Cause remaking the pkg could be the problem or the Cpk size. I'm not entirely sure though to be exact.

Edited by Twilightzoney

Could be how your packing it. Either the file size is too small or big. I remember that happening that error code when I modded Sonic 4 for PS3. Wait you have demo 2 installed right like a clean install one?

Then you transfer your new bb.cpk over ftp? Or do you just remake the whole Pkg? Cause remaking the pkg could be the problem or the Cpk size. I'm not entirely sure though to be exact.

So, due to 7kbps internet speed (FML), I can't watch it. What Sonic Generations Super Sonic content does that vid hold? Can you even tell me here, or...?

So I'm guessing that slam into wall animation is going to be used when you don't duck fast enough for one of those slide obstacles but it's not yet implemented in the build we got?

Edited by Tiller

So I'm guessing that slam into wall animation is going to be used when you don't duck fast enough for one of those slide obstacles but it's not yet implemented in the build we got?

That wall crashing animation seems to be for something specific. Just like how the core animation is. Its used to for something specific not something common I suppose. But who knows. I haven't found that animation yet. I doubt they'd remove it for no reason. I think it for something specific to bosses possibly? Would be a nice addition. I hope they still will use it.

Edited by Twilightzoney