Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Actually it was in the first demo too, it was just just turned off. Due to that I can conclude they were considering having the SU Wii wall crash effect in Generations, but decided not to use it.

That wall crashing animation seems to be for something specific. Just like how the core animation is. Its used to for something specific not something common I suppose. But who knows. I haven't found that animation yet. I doubt they'd remove it for no reason. I think it for something specific to bosses possibly? Would be a nice addition. I hope they still will use it.

I'm too lazy to track it down right now, but there was a variable in M Sonic's programming file and it was something like <IsWallCrashEnable>false<IsWallCrashEnable>

Ah, the wall crash. The thing that foils my Rooftop Run speedruns.

But I can get 2:08 on Chun-Nan, so I stopped caring.

This is why you should have invested in the right version of Unleashed:

• Thumbs Up 1

@the video above me.

Maybe so, But I don't actually have (currently) a PS360 to play it on. I'm going to re-aquire one a very short time before Generations releases. I got the PS2 version because I found it for $10, maybe I'll get the X360 one if I see it real cheap. That said, I have played the 360 version, daytime levels were better on 360, but Werehog sucked even more than PS2. How can you think Unleashed is "the best Sonic game ever made" no matter which version you're talking about Jack?

Edited by RaymanFan1

@the video above me.

Maybe so, But I don't actually have (currently) a PS360 to play it on. I'm going to re-aquire one a very short time before Generations releases. I got the PS2 version because I found it for $10, maybe I'll get the X360 one if I see it real cheap. That said, I have played the 360 version, daytime levels were better on 360, but Werehog sucked even more than PS2. How can you think Unleashed is "the best Sonic game ever made" no matter which version you're talking about Jack?

So what exactly do you think of the 360 Werehog? You said in a Sonic Colours vid that Sonic Unleashed was your favourite, Sonic Colours was too easy and Sonic Generations would "pwn both of them". The 360Werehog alone makes me like PS2 Unleashed more, and I like Sonic Colours far more than both of then (apart from the boosting, tiny little thing, and I will agree it's rather easy). Even after all that, Sonic Colours is still far from the best Sonic game for me. Do you really think that Unleashed360's day levels alone make it the best Sonic game ever?

Edited by RaymanFan1

So what exactly do you think of the 360 Werehog? You said in a Sonic Colours vid that Sonic Unleashed was your favourite, Sonic Colours was too easy and Sonic Generations would "pwn both of them". The 360Werehog alone makes me like PS2 Unleashed more, and I like Sonic Colours far more than both of then (apart from the boosting, tiny little thing, and I will agree it's rather easy). Even after all that, Sonic Colours is still far from the best Sonic game for me. Do you really think that Unleashed360's day levels alone make it the best Sonic game ever?

I say Wii Werehog is worse: less combos, worse designed physics, and he dominates the Wii version, whereas the 360 version has Daytime Sonic dominating.

I think the Modern Sonic gameplay is the best thing to come to the franchise. It's my favorite gameplay formula and thus the games that have it are my favorites, simple as that.

BTW I never said I liked SU more than Colors, I've said it several times that they are tied to me

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101
  • Thumbs Up 1

I say Wii Werehog is worse: less combos, worse designed physics, and he dominates the Wii version, whereas the 360 version has Daytime Sonic dominating.

I think the Modern Sonic gameplay is the best thing to come to the franchise. It's my favorite gameplay formula and thus the games that have it are my favorites, simple as that.

BTW I never said I liked SU more than Colors, I've said it several times that they are tied to me

Ya I like the 360's werehog a lot more.

The day levels in unleashed CAN be fun sometimes, but a lot of time it just feels like a playable cutscene. Still fun but it can loose its luster.

Colors had some Meh 3D sections.

My favorite section of 3D gameplay was the one in starlight carnival act 5 where you have to get to the top of the tower with either the hover wisp, or regular platforming

@the video above me.

I really don't see how they are.

Edited by Neon

Anyway back on topic REAL bad news. I NEED to get demo 2 working if my plans to do the switcharound for all levels will ever work, either that or I have to get the full game (pirated) to work on my PS3, one of the two.

Also, everyone who ever enjoyed the Ghostbusters theme and/or Escape From The City absolutely NEEDS to hear this:

Oh. Man. This will be thumping in my car within the next 24 hours.

*downloads*

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to get the full game (pirated) to work on my PS3

Ha, good luck with that. They haven't been able to get an updated working CFW in ages.

But there is a new JB dongle that was revealed recently that claims to be able to play 3.6x games on 3.55 firmware. So there's that.

Ha, good luck with that. They haven't been able to get an updated working CFW in ages.

But there is a new JB dongle that was revealed recently that claims to be able to play 3.6x games on 3.55 firmware. So there's that.

There's also this:http://www.theplaystationclub.com/2011/04/deans-multiman-eboot-fix-tool-for-games-that-require-higher-fw/ If this works, I'll be in heaven.

whereas the 360 version has Daytime Sonic dominating.

I think the Modern Sonic gameplay is the best thing to come to the franchise.  It's my favorite gameplay formula and thus the games that have it are my favorites, simple as that.

Part in bold: I didn't realise this, that's just made it sound much more better to me (I mean, who could really like Werehog more than Modern Sonic?!)

Second line: I mostly agree with this, although the overwhelming dominance of the 2D sections in Colours diminishes it a little in my eyes.

Sonic 2 is my favorite Sonic game ever though, it's the game that made me a gamer and my first game ever (on my old, still-working-at-present Genesis Mark.2). But because that's based on nostalgia, my favorite not-nostalgia-based Sonic game would have to be near to the same as you, Colours tied with Unleashed Next-gen, followed closely by Unleashed last-gen, with Generations expected to pwn all of them. (Note that when I say this, i'm totally excluding the Werehog from my considerations and ranking them simply on daytime gameplay).

Edited by RaymanFan1

Oh. Man. This will be thumping in my car within the next 24 hours.

*downloads*

It brightens my day to see even one Sonic fan discovering the AWESOMENESS of this Mashup :-) Edited by RaymanFan1

Sonic and the Werehog have equal stages in UnleashedHD, but aside from the main act...all other acts are optional. So you can choose to only play the bonus Sonic acts, only the bonus Werehog acts...or all the acts. You can choose to only play the Sonic missions and DLC as well. It's customizable. I beat every stage though, for the achievement lol.

Sonic and the Werehog have equal stages in UnleashedHD, but aside from the main act...all other acts are optional. So you can choose to only play the bonus Sonic acts, only the bonus Werehog acts...or all the acts. You can choose to only play the Sonic missions and DLC as well. It's customizable. I beat every stage though, for the achievement lol.

Actually Day Sonic has more extra acts and more DLC than the Werehog.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've known of that animation (lol Twi shown me), but you know I don't think any of us are even sure of where in the game it's from or what it's for.

Ok I've given up on finding a way to play demo 2, instead I'm going to see if I can figure out why demo 1 content doesn't work on demo 2. While doing that I came across the ininternal name for the Death Egg "DeathEggStar"

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh by the way about Perfect Chaos's breath, I don't think they're referring to his laser because Omochao referred to a laser after mentioning the breath and there's this:

<Object>

<ID>BpcTestBeam</ID>

<ObjName>パーフェクトカオス・ビーム</ObjName>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>BpcTestBreath</ID>

<ObjName>パーフェクトカオス・ブレス</ObjName>

</Object>

Oh by the way about Perfect Chaos's breath, I don't think they're referring to his laser because Omochao referred to a laser after mentioning the breath and there's this:

<Object>

<ID>BpcTestBeam</ID>

<ObjName>パーフェクトカオス・ビーム</ObjName>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>BpcTestBreath</ID>

<ObjName>パーフェクトカオス・ブレス</ObjName>

</Object>

*Nods head as if he has any idea what that means*Also, I don't generally buy DLC. To give you an idea, Sonic 4 Ep1 is $30NZD, whereas it's (I think) $15 in USD. Currently, NZ trades for pretty much 80cUS. You do the easy, stupid, rip-off maths. Now that's not DLC, it's WiiWare, but it kinda gives you an idea of where buying Microsoft Points cards on a regular basis would get me (lacking... Vitamins or something due to minimal amounts of moonay).

And Jack, your work has not been for nothing! (Actually, that's a little over the top, but thake a look at this anyway...

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/10/21/sega-debuts-new-sonic-generations-trailer-at-golden-joystick-awards/