Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Well its where they placed all the media source files why the contents won't just port over nicely and work for you. Your gonna have to unpack every file and go through them by hand. And sort them out, it will be a pain most likely.And that lolanimation gif thing is just for a loading screen most likely.

*Nods head as if he has any idea what that means*Also, I don't generally buy DLC. To give you an idea, Sonic 4 Ep1 is $30NZD, whereas it's (I think) $15 in USD. Currently, NZ trades for pretty much 80cUS. You do the easy, stupid, rip-off maths. Now that's not DLC, it's WiiWare, but it kinda gives you an idea of where buying Microsoft Points cards on a regular basis would get me (lacking... Vitamins or something due to minimal amounts of moonay).

And Jack, your work has not been for nothing! (Actually, that's a little over the top, but thake a look at this anyway...

http://www.tssznews....oystick-awards/

*Nods head as if he has any idea what that means*Also, I don't generally buy DLC. To give you an idea, Sonic 4 Ep1 is $30NZD, whereas it's (I think) $15 in USD. Currently, NZ trades for pretty much 80cUS. You do the easy, stupid, rip-off maths. Now that's not DLC, it's WiiWare, but it kinda gives you an idea of where buying Microsoft Points cards on a regular basis would get me (lacking... Vitamins or something due to minimal amounts of moonay).

And Jack, your work has not been for nothing! (Actually, that's a little over the top, but thake a look at this anyway...

http://www.tssznews....oystick-awards/

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

Well its where they placed all the media source files why the contents won't just port over nicely and work for you. Your gonna have to unpack every file and go through them by hand. And sort them out, it will be a pain most likely.And that lolanimation gif thing is just for a loading screen most likely.

Also thats just listing it to make sure its in there and accounted for from all that he put there. Its more a like a reference sheet that says "Hey this is loaded here now, okay?" I understand that crap, I just wouldn't mess with it since its not that important. What I want to mess with is turning on that WallCrash thing I saw it finally and it makes me curious. That be awesome if it gets turned on for the "Hard Mode".

So it's like Normal Mode in Sonic Rush? Where all the bosses get two extra hit points compared to easy mode?

We don't know how hard mode works, but hopefully it will make the Death Egg Robot have at least something resembling a challenge.

Just noticed something. The file size for the physical assets of Modern Green Hill are smaller in the new demo. Maybe that's part of the problem, but that doesn't explain how it could be played in Demo 1 at all.

Ok for anyone who's interest here's my findings: I suspect that I might still be able to use Demo 1 for doing the switcharound for the whole game, but in regards to using anything from Demo 2, we're shit out of luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok for anyone who's interest here's my findings: I suspect that I might still be able to use Demo 1 for doing the switcharound for the whole game, but in regards to using anything from Demo 2, we're shit out of luck.

Eh if anything can be done. thank you Jack, you've been a big help showing these stuff

see, people

SEGA DID take their lesson

• Thumbs Up 1

see, people

It's like a gold mine....

With a huge door guarded by a fence with the worlds hugest lock....

see, people

Not really. The lesson wasn't do whatever they did, it was don't leave anything you don't need in the demo. We did not need all of those Omochao lines, I mean yeah if we took them out then Omochao wouldn't work, but he shouldn't have been o in the demo to begin with. We didn't need the ending melody, considering how there's no results screen (there is but they don't let us access it), Even without being able to use demo 2 for gameplay hacking, it doesn't matter that much because all the big secrets are already spilled anyway. So the real lesson is, only include what is necessary.

Oh here's something interestin I found, I'm looking at programming for the bobsleigh that's in Seaside Hill and here's one variable:

<InvisibleMode>false</InvisibleMode>

Invisible mode? I'd assume that's to do with flashing if you take damage while on the cart/ bobsled/ legomobile?

Ok for anyone who's interest here's my findings: I suspect that I might still be able to use Demo 1 for doing the switcharound for the whole game, but in regards to using anything from Demo 2, we're @#!*% out of luck.

Oh well.

Thank you for all the time and work you put into this, Jack. You too, Twilight.

<InvisibleMode>false</InvisibleMode>
Espio's either the VS. or Co-Op character involved for Seaside Hill... wouldn't surprise me if "InvisibleMode" is related to his abilities.

Oh by the way about Perfect Chaos's breath, I don't think they're referring to his laser because Omochao referred to a laser after mentioning the breath and there's this:

<Object>

<ID>BpcTestBeam</ID>

<ObjName>パーフェクトカオス・ビーム</ObjName>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>BpcTestBreath</ID>

<ObjName>パーフェクトカオス・ブレス</ObjName>

</Object>

Not sure if it helps any, but the first line of "Japanese is Perfect Chaos Beam" and the second is "Perfect Chaos Breath."

Not sure if it helps any, but the first line of "Japanese is Perfect Chaos Beam" and the second is "Perfect Chaos Breath."

So there two different attacks? Its safe to say the beam will look similer to how it did in adventure, i wonder what the breath will be like... And i hope he will still have thouse energy missiles he had in adventure.

So uh, is there anything in any of the leaks indicating that there's anything like the Challenge Mode from Colors in this? Because I remembered how much replayability that added, to go back through each and every stage to try to get the best score possible. Without a proper score system, I'd expect more along the idea of a time trial where you'd beat every single stage and try to get the best time possible.

We have a policy against things like posting and discussing custom firmware due to its lack of legality. Do not post this again.

Ok well thanks again to pajadosmanos for helping me. So for those who didn't read the posts, I now have Demo 2 working on my Ps3 now.

We have a policy against things like posting and discussing custom firmware due to its lack of legality. Do not post this again.

Ok I respect that policy and will obey it but I want to ask, isn't hacking games illegal, isn't putting content on the internet from the game without SEGA's permission also illegal? Though I suppose dealing with Sony would be a bigger pain than dealing with SEGA or any gaming company.

In other news, I just enabled wall crash in Demo 1 and I'll make a video of it later, but for now I will say it's A LOT better than SU Wii's wall crash.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

Ok I respect that policy and will obey it but I want to ask, isn't hacking games illegal, isn't putting content on the internet from the game without SEGA's permission also illegal? Though I suppose dealing with Sony would be a bigger pain than dealing with SEGA or any gaming company.

I don't believe we have problems on this board with either of the two points you bring up.

I don't believe we have problems on this board with either of the two points you bring up.

Are you saying you don't think someone's ever linked a YT video of gameplay of a videogame before? Consdiering this is a board for a gaming franchise, I'm willing to wager it happens all the time, and technically, without permission from the game creator, it's illegal, but the game creators don't usually care and in fact like the promotion.

Um yeah I assume that stuff like videos is pretty much A-OK no matter where you go.

Oh and as for cracking games open and analyzing their contents... that's pretty much fine too. What we don't want is direct discussion pertaining to firmware and other matters that tend to be very sticky in a legal sense.