Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

A live and learn remix has been thrown around soo maybe...

Hey can you upload that video to youtube Jack? Dailymotion's player just lags to hell. Also is that mission in the 2nd demo as well?

http://blip.tv/thatotherguynamedjack/sonic-generations-demo-vs-knuckles-mission-5635195 Here's the Blip tv version. Someone else uploaded it to YT already so if you look you can find it. Either way I didn't put it there so SEGA would strike it, but now they've officially revealed it. Also none of the missions are in Demo 2, one of the few lessons SEGA learned.

Can't make a video about it right now due to technical reasons so I'll just give you this: The skateboard has changed a bit since Demo 1. It no longer auto accelerates, you accelerate it by holding the stick in the direction you're moving. Some of the physics seem different too.

Also I'm working on doing the Super Sonic Model Swap for Modern Sonic in Demo 2 to see the new trick animation and I just came across something interesting, one of Sonic's animations is sn_chair_sit and one is sn_chair_stand. I have no idea what they do. Twilight are you sure there isn't some way to get these animations working?

Ok I made a few fuck ups but I'll fix them later. Either way I saw the trick and finish animation (it's the same for both) and it's pretty anticlimactic, he just does this horizontal twirl.

Oh GOD MORE SUPER SONIC IN REG LEVELS EVIDENCE! Remember when Twilight showed us a model for a Chaos Emerald? Well it came from SonicActioncommon.ar which has assets that are common to both Sonics, it had textutres for all 7 emerald colors and animations. It's clear this is for the Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 style Super Transformations where the emeralds surround Sonic. And I also stand corrected, the Super Sonic boost textures are in here. SEGA's clever, they hid Super Sonic content in the common file.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101
  • Thumbs Up 1

SEGA's clever, they hid Super Sonic content in the common file.

Looks like there average IQ has gone from 7 to 8!

Thats a really dumb and stupid intelligent way to cover it up!

Either way I didn't put it there so SEGA would strike it, but now they've officially revealed it.

Soo you'll upload it to youtube soon then?...

We need a name change to this topic soon since the final version is coming out in a week.

Soo you'll upload it to youtube soon then?...

We need a name change to this topic soon since the final version is coming out in a week.

"Sonic Generations demo hacks"

Ok after 5 fails I got the Yellow boost working. But even then I had to exclude a lot of the Super Sonic boost files so it's possible that, like Sonic Unleashed, the Super Sonic boost has a slightly different design, whereas in the model swap I did, it's the same boost effect just yellow.

There's still a few more touch-ups I want to make first but soon I'll be ready.

Ok after 5 fails I got the Yellow boost working.  But even then I had to exclude a lot of the Super Sonic boost files so it's possible that, like Sonic Unleashed, the Super Sonic boost has a slightly different design, whereas in the model swap I did, it's the same boost effect just yellow.

There's still a few more touch-ups I want to make first but soon I'll be ready.

Sounds cool! Does SS have all his animations now?

No, SEGA did take the time to remove animations and sound effects. For instance, there's no animation or sound effect for grabbing a bubble in either of Sonic's files and we know both of them have one.

On another note I'm trying to get the jump to turn yellow and I'm having some REALLY strange results. Result 1, mix of yellow and blue and three triangular like Black translucent shapes just extending from out of the ball effect, I added some more assets and now it's still that weird shape but now it's changing colors........a little bit like Hyper Sonic (he's not in the game but still). Either way I'm still trying to get things to work out, I'm goiing to swap out the models for the spin effect now and see if that helps.

I think there may be a tutorial stage to the game like there is in Sonic Unleashed, as the achievements show a white-ish Green Hill Zone and say beat the game's opening act, which I believe might be a white-colored Green Hill at this point.

I think there may be a tutorial stage to the game like there is in Sonic Unleashed, as the achievements show a white-ish Green Hill Zone and say beat the game's opening act, which I believe might be a white-colored Green Hill at this point.

Ok I found more sound effects. Now Modern Super Sonic sound effects are in there, along with breathing sound effects for both (M Sonic's bubble get sound is the same as Classic Sonic's). But more importantly I found sound effects marked "CTS" which stand for custom, referring to the skills you can purchase in the shop. So here's a partial (possibly complete) list of skills (note some of these names may not necessarily be the actual names, these are just the names on the files):

Classic:

Powerbrake

Saferestart

Lastchance

Timebreak

All 3 elemental shields and the normal shield

spinatk (I don't know about this one, it uses the sfx used when Sonic throws the sky gem in 06, maybe it's the insta-shield :D)

treasuresearch (Wait a minute there's a variable on all of the Classic item boxes called "<TreasureSearchHideType>0</TreasureSearchHideType>" if you set it to 1, the item box doesn't load, so maybe this skill unlocks hidden item boxes)

Modern:

powerbrake

saferestart

lastchance

timebreak

powerstomping (Omochao explained that it increases the damage radius of your stomp)

quicksilde (I have no idea, but it uses the same sound effect as the quickstep does)

couple of things: first off Super Sonic wasn't among the CTS stuff, he had sfx for both Sonics, but in the play as this character section (also SFX for both Rocket and spikes have been found for both Classic and Generic so hopefully both Classic and Modern Sonic will be able to use both). So maybe that means I'm wrong and Super Sonic in reg levels isn't a skill you buy at the shop, but do keep in mind that one preview mentioned a skill where you could move faster underwater and none of the names I just listed fit into that category. But still, I also thought that Sonic 1 would be bought by collecting Red Rings, but it turns out you buy that too. If you have to find all Red Rings to unlock SS again I'll head desk, but Aaron mentioned extras, so I get the vibe they unlock the extras like artwork, music etc. Or who knows, maybe SS is awarded for beating Time Eater, or maybe you can use them upon finding all 7 emeralds (which is required to access Time Eater, 6 emeralds are earned through bossses and the Red one is earned in Planet Wisp somehow). All I know is if they scrap SS in reg level for EITHER Sonic, I will not be amused >:(

No, i think the trophy/achievement is for green hill, but there could be a tutorial stage

• Thumbs Up 1

All 3 elemental shields + Classic Super Sonic = Hyper Sonic - Flashing colors.

:D

All 3 elemental shields + Classic Super Sonic = Hyper Sonic - Flashing colors.

biggrin.png

I don't think you can use them all at once, but there is that weird jump effect issue I mentioned earlier that does flash various colors.

I hope that you can, it'd be cool to see Hyper Sonic in some form in the game. :P

Time Break? That time control power from Secret Rings? That would make speedrunning quite interesting...

I've missed so much of this conversation, I think I might just wait the 10 days until release instead of finding the page I read up tobiggrin.png.

Ima go play Colours as SUPAER SAWNIK while I wait.

SUPAHINFINITEBOOOSH!

*Completely bypasses good, great, awesome, and outstanding* AMAZING!

Yeah, if there's a tutorial stage, It'll maybe be Sonic BEFORE he gets to the Birthday Party, that'd be cool, The tutorial is taking Sonic to the Picnic,

However, a White Green Hill would be cool too,

The achievements confirmed that super sonic is accessible in regular levels.

Not really, all we got was an achievement called "Super Sonic" we didn't get a description, it could be for accessing Time Eater.

Not really, all we got was an achievement called "Super Sonic" we didn't get a description, it could be for accessing Time Eater.

'Fraid not brah

34997.pngSupersonic!

Race through a regular stage as Super Sonic.

0 of 1 (0.00%) users, have earned this trophy.

Estimated Difficulty: Impossible

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 1

'Fraid not brah

34997.pngSupersonic!

Race through a regular stage as Super Sonic.

0 of 1 (0.00%) users, have earned this trophy.

There, I bolded the evidence ^ sleep.png

Edited by mclaren6

...What?

Does this mean it's impossible to actually do this because you DON'T unlock Super Sonic in stages? Or it's just really hard to actually obtain Super Sonic?