Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Estimated Difficulty: Impossible

...What?

Does this mean it's impossible to actually do this because you DON'T unlock Super Sonic in stages?  Or it's just really hard to actually obtain Super Sonic?

Its based on the number of people who have obtained the trophy.. ATM its 0 lol

But I thought it was well known knowledge they are playable in levels though, I mean we even have a video of it...

Eh, I'll just post in it case someone here didn't already.

Don't know how much more evidence you need...

Edited by Time Eater

But I thought it was well known knowledge they are playable in levels though, I mean we even have a video of it...

But that's from Jack. A guy ripped the video and uploaded it as his own. =P

But that's from Jack. A guy ripped the video and uploaded it as his own. =P

Yes, and it's a swapping of the main Sonic model and the normal Sonic model, but my point being I don't know why people are pointing out Super Sonic is confirmed when he's been confirmed for months and months in this very topic to be playable in game. There's programming code, sound effects, a trailer about, a workable model, and much more to conclude and confirm beside official-word-of-mouth that Super Sonic being playable in levels, and this is very known. What we don't know is the extent of how he'll play, how you unlock him, if we can use him in bosses, and his music theme, though.

Edited by Time Eater

Yes, and it's a swapping of the main Sonic model and the normal Sonic model, but my point being I don't know why people are pointing out Super Sonic is confirmed when he's been confirmed for months and months in this very topic to be playable in game. There's programming code, sound effects, a trailer about, a workable model, and much more to conclude and confirm beside official-word-of-mouth that Super Sonic being playable in levels, and this is very known. What we don't know is the extent of how he'll play, how you unlock him, if we can use him in bosses, and his music theme, though.

Things get cut out of games all the time. It's nice to not have any doubts about something for a change.

"Sonic Generations demo hacks"

How about just dropping "Demo" from the name all together? your seriously not going to be working on outdated demos once the final comes out?!

Arn't you going to be doing anything from the PC version? i know its a total pain in the ass to keep doing these kind of hacks on a modded console.

Things get cut out of games all the time. It's nice to not have any doubts about something for a change.

This. After all, I don't know how much info was out about 06 at the time, but it was originally supposed to have a rainbow gem that allowed you to go super form, and some of the info is in there to be used if you hack it (the floating and upturned quills,) not to mention there was other stuff from them in there since the super 'hogs did appear in the final boss.

That video is from Here, starting at 10:58:

http://www.dailymoti...onic_videogames

Framerates are way better here too.

Edited by XylemTube

Ok about the achievement, it says clear A regular stage as Super Sonic, it doesn't say clear a regular stage as Classic Super Sonic and a regular stage as Modern Super Sonic and I was saying BOTH Super Sonics better be available in regular levels, not just one. Classic Super Sonic is highly likely to make it in because all of his animations were done by Demo 1, Modern Super Sonic however is still missing a lot of animations even in Demo 2, it's possible SEGA took out animations just for the demo but it does worry me a little.

Also yes there's a lot of evidence from these demos and it's clear that they INTENDED to have Both Super Sonics playable in regular levels, but they intended that for both SA1 and Sonic 06 and neither one got it, Colors did, but who's to say Modern Super Sonic in reg levels won't get cut?

As for programming, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only Super Sonic programming (not counting the final boss) in either demo is <debugskillsupersonic>false<\debugskillsupersonic>

As for the video, I made that video and it was just a model swap, not actual gameplay, and notice how there were some points where Modern Super Sonic's hair went down, those were points when there wasn't a Super Sonic in the demo and it was using the normal Sonic animation. It happened just a little too many times.

As for the name "Sonic Generations Hacks" I'm not hacking the final game, I'm getting it for 360 and I don't dare Jtag my 360. But I will use the demo in conjunction with a rip of the final game for some neat stuff, like for instance, take the Chemical Plant Modern files from the final game, put them in the demo, and call them GHZ100 so that it will think Modern Chemical Plant is Classic Green Hill and therefore result in Chemical Plant Classic in Modern. But that's still hacking the demo, not the full game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The avatar for the achievement has both Sonic's, plus as you said earlier, Modern Sonic has his own invincible theme, yet no power-up that makes him invincible, possibly indicating that each invisible theme will also be the Super Sonic theme for each individual hedgie.

So I'm betting we'll see both.. at least I hope so, just so each Sonic gets fair representation.... though in hindsight Modern Super Sonic probably wouldn't be much of a difference from regular Modern Sonic.....

I know this is in the wrong topic, but I wanted to point something out to Jack about the Shadow fight:

MOAR

euyLdGagt281f757qgiBo9x9J94Mb7hf.jpg

That looks like flying to me. There's no point in Shadow's skating animations where both of his feet would be off the ground.

Oh and the invincible music won't be the super music. I'm 100% sure about that.

Edited by Aquaslash

I know this is in the wrong topic, but I wanted to point something out to Jack about the Shadow fight:

Shadow's boost doesn't make him fly...he actually IS skating at supersonic speeds.

That looks like flying to me. There's no point in Shadow's skating animations where both of his feet would be off the ground.

I'll probably get slammed for this.. but.. hey who cares?

I know how they could of referanced Sonic 4...

Make the Invincibility Tune from Sonic 4 the Super Sonic theme for Generations (Remixed of course)

Why? Cos its a bloody good jingle :D

I'll probably get slammed for this.. but.. hey who cares?

I know how they could of referanced Sonic 4...

Make the Invincibility Tune from Sonic 4 the Super Sonic theme for Generations (Remixed of course)

Why? Cos its a bloody good jingle biggrin.png

The reason we want to know how Aqualash is 100% sure is because it sounds like he has the game if you know what I mean.

Edited by mclaren6

I know what you mean. wink.png But that above would be my personal choise. (Just though of something! Could there be a "Change Music" for SS? ohmy.png)

You mean it isn't obvious?

1. That particular song has never been a Super Sonic bgm ever. The one time it had the chance, a specific song was used for the occasion instead.

2. Said song (Sonic 2 Super Music) was used as the basis for Sonic 4's invincible, which WAS the Super Sonic music in early builds, but then an entirely new song replaced it at the last minute.

3. Generations is playing nostalgia to the nth degree. It's pretty much a given that classic, at least, is going to use a remix of the Sonic 2 Super Sonic theme. (I'm hoping that modern uses the Sonic 4 super theme, but I'm not counting on it)

4. Probably the most damning thing here: neither the classic or modern invincibles loop. If they were going to be super themes, there would be some form of looping in them. Especially when every other song that's going to loop in the game that's been found has a loop point in it

5. Super Sonic has had more separate BGMs than he's shared with the invincible. In fact, he's only shared with the invincible once (Technically twice, but it's Sonic 3K. Play it how you want)

The reason we want to know how Aqualash is 100% sure is because it sounds like he has the game if you know what I mean.
Edited by Aquaslash

My choice would be the Sonic and Knuckles version, best Super Sonic tune out there.

BTW Aqualash, we're still waiting for you to explain how you're 100% sure.

You mean it isn't obvious?

1. That particular song has never been a Super Sonic bgm ever. The one time it had the chance, a specific song was used for the occasion instead.
  2. Said song (Sonic 2 Super Music) was used as the basis for Sonic 4's invincible, which WAS the Super Sonic music in early builds, but then an entirely new song replaced it at the last minute.
  3. Generations is playing nostalgia to the nth degree. It's pretty much a given that classic, at least, is going to use a remix of the Sonic 2 Super Sonic theme. (I'm hoping that modern uses the Sonic 4 super theme, but I'm not counting on it)
  4. Probably the most damning thing here: neither the classic or modern invincibles loop. If they were going to be super themes, there would be some form of looping in them. Especially when every other song that's going to loop in the game that's been found has a loop point in it
  5. Super Sonic has had more separate BGMs than he's shared with the invincible. In fact, he's only shared with the invincible once (Technically twice, but it's Sonic 3K. Play it how you want)

LOL. How on Earth did you come to THAT conclusion. Come on man, this is common sense here!

EDIT:

Holy dicks, patience is a virtue, I'm not the fastest typer in the world >_>

That's not 100% sure, quick fact: Sonic 2 invincible, Sonic 2 SS, Sonic 4 invincible, and Sonic 4 SS are all remixes of the same song.

As for the conclusion, just wanted to make sure, if you had the game pirated, I would have wanted in on that.

S&K SS Jingle comes Second to One tongue.png... Sonic Colours SS Jingle was too quickly looped... Sonic 4 SS Jingle was pants, but yeah, Invincibility from Sonic 4 was godly... (My opinion)

@Aquaslash:

You still can't be Certain, Saying its 100% rather than its logical... There completely differant things.

Oh you wanted the Sonic 4 INVINCIBILITY TUNE I thought you wanted the Sonic 4 SS tune.

Sonic 4's is my favorite TBH. I don't even count the Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles ones since they're not even actual super jingles. Plus Sonic 3's is really grating after a while.

Sonic 2's is awesome, Colors could have been done a lot better, and Sonic Adventure's is really good too. I wouldn't mind THAT being the modern Super BGM either.

That's not 100% sure, quick fact: Sonic 2 invincible, Sonic 2 SS, Sonic 4 invincible, and Sonic 4 SS are all remixes of the same song.

As for the conclusion, just wanted to make sure, if you had the game pirated, I would have wanted in on that.

Oh you wanted the Sonic 4 INVINCIBILITY TUNE  I thought you wanted the Sonic 4 SS tune.

Well Shit... lol. Yeah Invincibility, Sorry I didn't make that too clear.