Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

That's not 100% sure, quick fact: Sonic 2 invincible, Sonic 2 SS, Sonic 4 invincible, and Sonic 4 SS are all remixes of the same song.

*buzzer* I'm afraid you're wrong on that count. tongue.png Sonic 4's Super BGM is totally new. I can't even call it a Jimmy Hart version of the Sonic 2 Super theme. It has enough differences to be its own song.

Also I don't know how I can be anything BUT certain on this one. The invincible jingles aren't super jingles. There's no way around that. They don't sound like super jingles, they're not labeled as super jingles, they don't even loop! Why is this even being considered?

*buzzer* I'm afraid you're wrong on that count. tongue.png Sonic 4's Super BGM is totally new. I can't even call it a Jimmy Hart version of the Sonic 2 Super theme. It has enough differences to be its own song.

Also I don't know how I can be anything BUT certain on this one. The invincible jingles aren't super jingles. There's no way around that. They don't sound like super jingles, they're not labeled as super jingles, they don't even loop! Why is this even being considered?

*buzzer* The Sonic 4 SS theme is clearly a remix of the Sonic 2 SS theme, it's easy to see.

If it were easy to see, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's about as much of a remix to the Sonic 2 Super theme as Big Swell is of Wrapped In Black. You get four identical bass notes and four identical backing brass notes. Then both things diverge into something totally different. You also get the same pitch and that's it. The drumline, supporting chords and the main melody are completely different.

This isn't like the Sonic 4 Invincible which took the entire opening sequence, entire percussion, and overall structure of the song. The Super theme is it's own beast. A rather small beast since it lasts for 12 seconds and then loops.

But this isn't about super music, it's about the hax. I'm not gonna take this any further. If you wanna call it a remix, then go right ahead. I just won't be agreeing with you. It takes a little more than that in my book. :)

Edited by Aquaslash

If it were easy to see, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's about as much of a remix to the Sonic 2 Super theme as Big Swell is of Wrapped In Black. You get four identical bass notes and four identical backing brass notes. Then both things diverge into something totally different. You also get the same pitch and that's it. The drumline, supporting chords and the main melody are completely different.

This isn't like the Sonic 4 Invincible which took the entire opening sequence, entire percussion, and overall structure of the song. The Super theme is it's own beast. A rather small beast since it lasts for 12 seconds and then loops.

But this isn't about super music, it's about the hax. I'm not gonna take this any further. If you wanna call it a remix, then go right ahead. I just won't be agreeing with you. It takes a little more than that in my book. smile.png

But take a look at the Crisis City music heard in the trailer, it sounds almost nothing like the original, but it is a remix, same here with the Sonic 4 SS jingle.

As for the name "Sonic Generations Hacks" I'm not hacking the final game, I'm getting it for 360 and I don't dare Jtag my 360. But I will use the demo in conjunction with a rip of the final game for some neat stuff, like for instance, take the Chemical Plant Modern files from the final game, put them in the demo, and call them GHZ100 so that it will think Modern Chemical Plant is Classic Green Hill and therefore result in Chemical Plant Classic in Modern. But that's still hacking the demo, not the full game.

What about the PC version then? that one would be loads easier to hack then console hacking. why do you insist on sticking with the demo for hacking?

EDIT:

They sound alike but they arn't the same song. 'Slash is right.

Edited by goku262002

Agreed & it's one of the (many) things about Sonic 4 that bugs me. Nice to see this finally come to light.

What about the PC version then? that one would be loads easier to hack then console hacking. why do you insist on sticking with the demo for hacking?

The only PC game I have is Star Wars Empire at War and that game is laggt on my computer, so if my PC can't handle that, what makes you think it can hand this:

As for the musc thing, I don't think you understand what we were talking about but it's not worth getting into.

Alright then, to reiterate something I said earlier in the thread. Have you found any code for the Wisps yet Jack?

Yep, all the music stuff take to the Music thread,

Alright then, to reiterate something I said earlier in the thread. Have you found any code for the Wisps yet Jack?

Pretty sure there is no code for Wisps in Either demos,

Actually there's code for wisps in both demos and a texture for spike (which is just a pink square) and some sound efffects. Also Classic Sonic has a debug skill called "spikeendless".

Actually there's code for wisps in both demos and a texture for spike (which is just a pink square) and some sound efffects.  Also Classic Sonic has a debug skill called "spikeendless".

Then I stand corrected. Do you know if both Sonics can use both Spikes and Rocket? For Example Can Classic use both Spikes and Rocket or just one? (Repeat with M. Sonic if you get me)

So what happened to the array of cutscenes the demo files promised? It'd be a massive blow if the demo files were wrong and we actually have just 13 cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what happened to the array of cutscenes the demo files promised? It'd be a massive blow if the demo files were wrong and we actually have just 13 cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 2

So yeah, I've already ripped from the game and uploaded the music.

And done a lot of stuff, having fun with this.

Where?

It wouldn't really.

Well, unless you were expecting a Shakespearian narrative. 13 cutscenes is about what is necessary. 1 per stage an intro, a pre-final boss, post-final boss and a couple miscellaneous ones.

UGH! I'm sick of getting told this. I'm not expecting a fucking godsend of story telling. 13 cutscenes is hardly anything compared to other Sonic games. Even games like Heroes and Colours. It most definitely would be a blow. Especially when you think about the amount of of things possible considering Generations' plot and cast.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 8

Wheres Jack? i thought he'd be going apeshit over the game being leaked and trying to stuff final stuff into the demo?

I sense people making Shadow playable in some form in the future. :V

Thats a total given for the PC version. Rather people start fixing the minor issues with supersonic. that 2+ ring deduction a second for modern is just wrong.

Spoilers:

[removed]

Staff edit: Spoilers (especially of that magnitude) go behind a spoiler tag AND in the Spoiler Thread only. Please don't post them anywhere else.