Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

For some reason I can't open the .model files with the maxscript... It opens and then... nothing

Does somebody know a solution to this problem?

Where are those pictures used for the leaderboards that were found in the demo again?

For some reason I can't open the .model files with the maxscript... It opens and then... nothing

Does somebody know a solution to this problem?

woah,woah,you have the script?

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a no-no thing to ask but are the Generations models available to download from Retro or anything for 3DsMax? What with doing a Games Animation degree, I'd love to have a play around with them and try out some animating. Having a look around and I can't find anything but wondered if anybody here knows.

Edited by ENVY

This might be a no-no thing to ask but are the Generations models available to download from Retro or anything for 3DsMax? What with doing a Games Animation degree, I'd love to have a play around with them and try out some animating. Having a look around and I can't find anything but wondered if anybody here knows.

From what I understand, several groups are working on extracting them, but there hasn't been a download in a converted format put up yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess these models aren't that interesting, because there are no bones at these files but it's better than nothing... for now

rougei.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(The wings are there but they are right behind Rouge, so nobody can see them in this picture...)

Edited by 2much
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess these models aren't that interesting, because there are no bones at these files but it's better than nothing... for now

Dude, I'd gladly take them. Very few of my models are rigged anyway. I mostly have them for research and porting to other games.

THat reminds me, I need to finish that Modern Metal Sonic in SADX already :(

I'd love to take the models off your hands, mainly for screwing around with in Brawl.

If I can get a few stages that'd be awesome too.

I'd love to take the models off your hands, mainly for screwing around with in Brawl.

If I can get a few stages that'd be awesome too.

I now imagine a new Sonic fan fighter based on Generations' models

Has anybody ripped the sound effects yet? I have the original rip from the demo but I'm hoping for the full thing.

Look on the Retro Generations resources thread, there you will see some links for tools, ripped music and sfx

rougei.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(The wings are there but they are right behind Rouge, so nobody can see them in this picture...)

This pic makes me solid

Thank you so much! biggrin.png Downloading, I wouldn't mind having a crack at it.

Would it be rude of me to ask about Modern Sonic? Don't mind if he's not rigged either, part of the challenge.

Can someone rip Classic Eggman's model please?

I would be very greatful if you did

charmyscreen.png

creamv.png

silverscreen.png

I still have to fix the problem with the alpha textured parts (Silvers chesthair, Charmys Wings etc...)

Edited by 2much
  • Thumbs Up 2