Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I've seen nothing here that warrants me to throw a massive bitchfest.

EXCEPT THE COMPLETE LACK OF SONIC 3D BLAST!!!! WHERE IS MY RUSTY RUIN ZONE, SEGA???

• Thumbs Up 2

How very...sega forums it's become in here. I've seen nothing here that warrants me to throw a massive bitchfest. Ocean Palace is not a rehash of GHZ from what i've seen in those screenshots, SKY SANTUARY, and I got my crisis city. People are acting like this game will suck just because of level selections? This is why I always try to keep my sanity over everything that is blue and hedgehog. Happy birthday Sonic :/

It's funny cause as soon as they see gameplay footage of these stages in HD or cutscenes, etc then they'll be excited again. Alot of Sonic fans acts very bipolar or something.

BTW, if you're talking about people reactions in this topic then I haven't seen anyone saying that the entire game will suck cause of the level selections that are chosen. Yeah, there are some people who is disappointed that their favorite levels didn't make it in but they're also happy about all the extra content and stuff.

Edited by sonfan1984

EXCEPT THE COMPLETE LACK OF SONIC 3D BLAST!!!! WHERE IS MY RUSTY RUIN ZONE, SEGA???

Poe's Law is in strong effect here.

Also, everyone saying that the majority of people who were disappointed in the level list are thus despising everything about the game need to read the friggin' topic again. Seriously.

It's funny cause as soon as they see gameplay footage of these stages in HD or cutscenes, etc then they'll be excited again. Alot of Sonic fans acts very bipolar or something.

we can only hope

Poe's Law is in strong effect here.

I AM COMPLETELY SERIOUS, AS EVIDENCED BY MY USE OF CAPS, BOLD, AND MANY PUNCTUATION MARKS!! I AM EVERY BIT AS ANGRY AS THE PEOPLE MAD ABOUT SONIC CD NOT GETTING A LEVEL!!! GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO,THE LACK OF MY FAVOURITE LEVEL MEANS THIS GAME IS RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO ALSO, I JUST LEARNED THIS FORUM MERGES DOUBLE POSTS. THAT'S KINDA COOL.

Edited by Joshi
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

ALSO,THE LACK OF MY FAVOURITE LEVEL MEANS THIS GAME IS RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I can't believe people have gotten so worked up about the level select....come one guys...we haven't even see gameplay footage yet...give it time. I bet we will be pleasantly surprised...don't you guys remember what happened when CITY ESCAPE was shown...

DID YOU GUYS SEE WHAT THEY DID TO CITY ESCAPE! Its AMAZING!!

Not only is the level list fine...but it makes ABSOLUTE SENSE!

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 4

I swear, this should be a new Internet law: If you express disappointment with at least one element of an upcoming Sonic game, that will inevitably be construed to mean you hate every single thing about the game regardless of any approval you express of other elements before or after the moment you voiced your disapproval.

Seriously, as far as I've read, only one guy in this entire topic has taken the level list so harshly that he outright said he wouldn't put down money for the game. Everyone else is just expressing disappointment, albeit in a very hilarious and/or exaggerated fashion. It doesn't mean we're turning our noses up at the entire package, it means just that- We're not entirely happy with the level selection. I know people call us unpleasable, but when complaints are misread this badly by optimists, one has to wonder to what extent that statement is true.

@ Joshi- Thank you for clearing that up. tongue.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear, this should be a new Internet law: If you express disappointment with at least one element of an upcoming Sonic game, that will inevitably be construed to mean you hate every single thing about the game regardless of any approval you express of other elements before or after the moment you voiced your disapproval.

Seriously, as far as I've read, only one guy in this entire topic has taken the level list so harshly that he outright said he wouldn't put down money for the game. Everyone else is just expressing disappointment, albeit in a very hilarious and/or exaggerated fashion. It doesn't mean we're turning our noses up at the entire package, it means just that- We're not entirely happy with the level selection. I know people call us unpleasable, but when complaints are misread this badly by optimists, one has to wonder to what extent that statement is true.

@ Joshi- Thank you for clearing that up. tongue.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't lie to me...I know your sitting in the corner slowly losing your mind cause there is no hydrocity....

Only a matter of time til you brake... :P

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

A bit disingenuous, yeah, but still totally indicative of the trend of fans asking for something, SEGA delivering without thinking it through, and then fans wailing about SEGA never listening.

THEY ALWAYS LISTEN GUYS they're just bad at critical thinking.

Now that things calm down, I'm gonna say some words.

The first time I saw the level list I was surprised because some levels I wasn't expecting, but now I think I became more accustomed to it. And the bosses sound really cool. The missions I think that they will bring a lot of content to game.It may be not the best list to many, even to me its not the perfect list of levels, but overall it will be a great game.I think this is the sonic game that will shut the mouth of all that use the same lame critics for every sonic game that was released in this decade.

Man what a birthday this was, and a toast to even more greater times to come.Long live the blue hedgehog.

Edited by redhellc

^^ And that is where the joke came from for those who couldn't join us during E3.

2sb093m.jpg

In other news, now that I've gotten a chance to think it over, I would've prefered Frog Forest for the Heroes Stage more. Alot more. But hey, what can you do I guess.

Quite the party it's been here. Let me share my thoughts:

The level list is decent, but could be better. Lack of Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix Levels is a bit saddening but I'll deal with it.

I also played the demo earlier and it's much better than what I thought it would be, but again....it could be better.

HOWEVER! I'm still waiting for a PC announcement >=P...........you know it's gonna happen o:

EDIT:

*Vs tails in the stage list*

tailslolatsonicpwnd.png

Edited by Jetronic

DID... DID SOMEBODY MENTION A TREE ON... ON A ROOF?

25888010150212137766673.jpg

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! BITCH ALL YOU WANT ABOUT THE STAGE LIST, THIS IS THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND.

..I

what

I came in here trying to parody the morons but I.. that.

That is wow. Excellent work.

• Thumbs Up 2

The fans weren't the only ones responsible for the outcome of the list. Sega specifically said that they also did internal discussions and looked at general public's reception of certain levels to arrive at the final list. Putting this squarely on the fans is disingenuous, and also regardless of my point.

It's still mainly the fans, so I'm not sure what your point is really. You can't tell me that the stages chosen are unpopular with the fanbase. You can't do it. Probably not 100% seriously anyway. It's absurd.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that the list of stages were divvied up between the main console version and the 3DS version. But wait, no one wants to think about the 3DS version because it's Dimps right?

It's still mainly the fans, so I'm not sure what your point is really. You can't tell me that the stages chosen are unpopular with the fanbase. You can't do it. Probably not 100% seriously anyway. It's absurd.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that the list of stages were divvied up between the main console version and the 3DS version. But wait, no one wants to think about the 3DS version because it's Dimps right?

This

It was inevitable that some people were going to be disappointed...but WHAT did you expect? If you think any of those levels aren't among high popularity/memorable/and ICONIC to each game then you need to do some looking around.

The only one that questionable is Speed Highway (Barely) and Sky Sanctuary....but I aint mad brah...be happy were are getting brand new levels with possible multiple acts. We haven't even seen the gamplay to the other stages yet.

We could have gotten just another anniversary bundle this year and a shitty WII game (technically getting that, but you know what I mean.)

I understand ST can be lazy, but you have to give them props when they deserve it and so far from what I seen from GAMEPLAY they do. Fans asked for those stages they got it.

Edited by Voyant

I honestly hope they don't fix that roof-tree. It's such an innocent little problem, it'd make the level all the more memorable for it.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Again, the levels sound fun and from the info, it seems as if the levels will be varied gameplay wise. So I am very content with the levels we are getting.

Also, I hope Sonic Team keeps that tree on the roof because without it, I would be a sad panda(I'm not actually joking, I would actually be dissapointed if they took it out. It gives the level a bit of character. That tree is legendary to the fanbase now, Sonic team, leave it be).

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Of course they're not unpopular. I never said that. I said that the point was a bit disingenuous, and not only because it wasn't entirely based on some Facebook poll, but because the question was posed without context anyways. It's entirely possible that list would have turned out differently had we known that they were gearing up for an HD remake with only one-level representation for 9 games.

Regardless, all this dilly-dallying about whether or not it's the fans' fault is regardless of my original point: You can't express disappointment in some part of a Sonic game without someone smugly claiming that you're thus hating on the whole. I mean, for the few hours we got the character, icon, mission, and other asset leaks, many attitudes turned around and we started focusing on the positive and joking around. And the one guy who said he wasn't buying Generations because of the level list got jumped on by several people.

But of course, that was all ignored. Now, everyone who has a problem with the level tropes hates all of Generations and is going to show their true hypocrisy once a trailer comes out and "proves them wrong" or some stupid shit like that. No wonder the more pessimistic people around here can be so defensive. Sometimes the more optimistic members completely misconstrue their points and paint them as some intolerant bad guy when that simply isn't the case.

And I haven't been thinking about the 3DS version because 1.) I'm never going to play it, and 2.) The level leaks listed here have nothing to do with that version sans confirming which levels are going to be left out. Don't care about DIMPS. Never played their stuff. x3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This

It was inevitable that some people were going to be disappointed...but WHAT did you expect? If you think any of those levels aren't among high popularity/memorable/and ICONIC to each game then you need to do some looking around.

The only one that questionable is Speed Highway (Barely) and Sky Sanctuary....but I aint mad brah...be happy were are getting brand new levels with possible multiple acts. We haven't even seen the gamplay to the other stages yet.

We could have gotten just another anniversary bundle this year and a shitty WII game (technically getting that, but you know what I mean.)

I understand ST can be lazy, but you have to give them props when they deserve it and so far from what I seen from GAMEPLAY they do. Fans asked for those stages they got it.

if i may add to this that list isn't just the result of what the fanbase wanted but a culmination of what we, the general public, and the devs wanted in the game